Start by marking “Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb (Capital Mysteries Series #5)” as Want to Read:
Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb (Capital Mysteries Series #5)

Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb (Capital Mysteries #5)

It's party time in Washington, D.C. The president is planning a celebration at the Lincoln Memorial in honor of the man who sculpted the famous statue of Lincoln. But KC and Marshall notice one small problem-the left thumb has broken off the statue Has someone stolen Lincoln's thumb? Can KC and Marshall find it before the celebration begins? "From the Trade Paperback editi ...more
Published August 16th 2009 by Random House Children's Books (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Who Broke Lincoln's Thumb

Amara
Dolly
Jul 10, 2010 Dolly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children who are starting to read chapter books
This is a fun book in the Capital Mysteries series. We have read each one in the series to this point and have one more with us to read before we move to the area. We also plan to read the book, White House White-out, starring our old friends, Dick, Josh and Ruth Rose. Our girls are very excited about that one!

Anyway, this book was a fairly simple mystery and a quick read. It wasn't quite as far-fetched as a few of the other books, but the author certainly has a flair for drama. Our girls have e
Amy
Feb 26, 2008 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-sfic
Another fun read in the Capital Mysteries series -- this time the kids are after the person who broke Lincoln's thumb. Was it an accident or did somebody do it intentionally? Can they solve the case before the presentation at the Lincoln Memorial later in the day? Check out this book to see what happens!
Marlee
Mar 20, 2015 Marlee rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was okay. Both of my children (ages 10 and 7) enjoyed it. It was fast and it was easy to read. However, my children and I both found that many of the actions of the children were inappropriate. Some of the things also seemed too far-fetched to me, though that probably wouldn't occur to young readers.
Caleb
Feb 11, 2015 Caleb rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Some national guard service people were testing the Lincoln Memorial and his thumb broke off and they thought it was someone else, but it wasn't. Until finally at the end, they got locked in the room and they had to get out by using a bunch of ladders hanging from the ceiling to get to the window and get the other people arrested.
Luke Ewell
Feb 02, 2015 Luke Ewell rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3rd-grade
There is a party in DC in honor of Chester, who sculpted Lincoln. When they go, they find out Lincoln's thumb is broken and they only have four hours to find it. They have three suspects but don't know who broke it. They get a ransom note for ten thousand dollars. Can they find the thumb before the party or not?
kristen
Nov 15, 2014 kristen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Ron Roy's capital mysteries series is the perfect compliment to our 3rd grade study of national landmarks. My students can't get enough of these books which boosts class excitement about D.C.'s Memorials. Highly recommend.
Kaytee
Jun 22, 2015 Kaytee rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
KC AND MARSHALL WENT TO SEE LINCLNS STATHU BUT THEY SAW THAT HIS LEFT THUMB WAS GONE THEN THEY GOT LOCKED IN A DOOR BY THE CRIMENALS WHO TOOK THE FINGER THEN THEY GOT OUT AND THE CRIMANALS GOT ARRESTED
Sydney
Jan 13, 2004 Sydney rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when the president says that he is going to throw a party he decides that he wants it at lincoln memorial then kc and mitchell see a little problem licoln's thumb is missing.
Sara
Apr 05, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of good describing details.
Elijah Libert
Oct 10, 2016 Elijah Libert rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good book because it gave you like 25 people who could have done it. So this wasn't easy to solve. It was actually a mystery. I am going to give you one hint: they had a red frisbee.
Morgan
Feb 25, 2013 Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it was so good
Anna Mooradian
john
i think is going to be interesting
Gina
Finished 3/10/16
Manu
Jun 10, 2013 Manu marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manu
I want to read the book
Payton
Jun 12, 2013 Payton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its about someone tried to sell Lincoln's thumb for money on the day where the president has to say his speach so KC and Marshall have to find the thumb before the President pays for it.
Sandybear76
a good first mysery for kids.
Johnspenser
i think is going to be cool
Andrea Labonte
Sep 26, 2012 Andrea Labonte rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: juv
Who did break Lincoln's Thumb? Just read to find out what Marshall and KC are up to in this crime action kind of book.
Arya Sabado
Arya Sabado rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2016
Aspen Scafa
Aspen Scafa rated it did not like it
Feb 25, 2011
Amy
Amy rated it liked it
Jun 10, 2016
Jonathan
Jonathan rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2010
Marci
Marci rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2015
Suz Elsasser
Suz Elsasser rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2011
Alaina
Alaina rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2013
Ernie Garcia
Ernie Garcia rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2015
David Ortiz
David Ortiz rated it really liked it
Jan 28, 2016
Yessenia
Yessenia rated it really liked it
Aug 09, 2016
  • Cam Jansen and the School Play Mystery (Cam Jansen Mysteries, #21)
  • Nate the Great San Francisco Detective
  • The Fashion Disaster (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #6)
  • March Of The Ankylosaurus (Dinosaur Cove, #3)
  • Little Giant--Big Trouble (Dragon Slayers' Academy, #19)
  • The Peculiar Pumpkin Thief (Geronimo Stilton)
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Hamster in the Holly (Animal Ark: Holiday Special, #4)
  • The Final Battle (Tales from the Odyssey, #6)
  • The Year of the Fortune Cookie (Anna Wang #3)
  • Cody (The Puppy Place, #13)
  • What Color Is My World?: The Lost History of African-American Inventors
Full name: Wallace Ronald Roy
Most known for the children's mystery series "A-Z Mysteries" and "Calendar Mysteries"
More about Ron Roy...

Capital Mysteries (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Who Cloned the President? (Capital Mysteries #1)
  • Kidnapped at the Capital (Capital Mysteries #2)
  • The Skeleton in the Smithsonian (Capital Mysteries #3)
  • A Spy in the White House (Capital Mysteries #4)
  • Fireworks at the FBI (Capital Mysteries #6)
  • Trouble at the Treasury (Capital Mysteries #7)
  • Mystery at the Washington Monument (Capital Mysteries #8)
  • A Thief at the National Zoo (Capital Mysteries #9)
  • The Election-Day Disaster (Capital Mysteries #10)
  • The Secret at Jefferson's Mansion (Capital Mysteries, #11)