Start by marking “Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns” as Want to Read:
Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns

Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  123 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Kristin Omdahl's Crochet So Fine takes crocheted clothing from fussy to fashionable! By working with thinner yarns and more flexible stitches, crocheters can produce garments that are stylish and comfortable, figure-flattering without being form-fitting and great for layering. And just because the yarn is thin doesn't mean crocheters need to use the smallest of hooks, fine ...more
Published July 27th 2010 by Interweave Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crochet So Fine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet So Fine

Norma
Lots of great projects. Beautiful designs. Loved this book.
Anastacia
I've been oogling the designs from the book on Ravelry since it first came out, & I finally borrowed the book from the library to see for myself. I was hoping to have time to actually make something out of it, but alas, that will have to be another time.

There are so many gorgeous designs, I wouldn't have been able to just pick one. If I was doing the Ravelry blogging challenge, where you work through all the projects in a book... this would be the book for me (or maybe one of my sock books,
Sherry
An enchanting compilation of delicate and beautiful patterns that can be accomplished with nothing more than a crochet hook and some fancy string. Although admittedly, it is geared toward the intermediate and expert; there are several patterns that I found would be perfect for the beginner.

“Starry Night Wrap” found on page 17 is perfect for the novice who would like to try their hand at the more delicate side of crochet and the “Willow Bag”, a shopping type reusable tote for those who not only
Kerry
I was just simply not impressed with the patterns.
Megan
Many patterns I would love. Buy a copy for home!
Monique
OMG...I read this book over the holiday and as a newborn knitter and even newer babe to crochet these designs were absolutely stunning...I have no idea when I will get good enough to be able to create these works of art, but, I hope to get there maybe in 10 years or so...I got this book from the library and really didn't want to return it...So I guess I'm going to need to buy it so that I can keep it as a reference tool when I become a master at knitting and crocheting...
Miranda
Heywu
If you like lace and want to try crocheting lace, this book is the place to start that journey. The yarns are light weight and will look just as fashionable as knitted lace. Some great patterns in this book. Several patterns are now on my Ravelry que.
Nanci Svensson
Beautiful projects, but they are overwhelming and time consuming and I'm after a quick fix, man...
Later: the projects are not overwhelming, they are fun. Thus: I was wrong in my three star review, four stars it is!
Brenda Kirton
Such gorgeous patterns. I am making one currently and have several more on the list to make. The patterns are written out and charted for whichever. Method you prefer. Both easy to follow.
GoldenjoyBazyll
It is so hard to find patterns that once you make them they do not look homemade. This book has absolutely lovely designs!!!!! I am most attached to the sweater on the cover!
Dana Wright
Jun 02, 2011 Dana Wright rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys crochet
This book is beautiful. It honestly inspires me to learn even more about crochet. I love it.
Nicole
Lots of great patterns. I'll have to lay hands on the book again to try some more :)
Angie Kritenbrink
Angie Kritenbrink marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Jo-anne
Jo-anne marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2015
Jessie Cumpson
Jessie Cumpson marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
  • Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Edging Designs with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Crochet Me
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet, 2nd Edition: *All You Need to Know to Crochet *The Essential Reference for Novice and Expert Crocheters *Comprehensive Guide to Crochet Tools and Techniques *Packed with Hundreds of Tips and Ideas *Step-by-Step Inst...
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic & Original Patterns
  • Crochet Inspiration
  • Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences
  • Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides)
  • Loop-d-Loop Crochet: More Than 25 Novel Designs for Crocheters (and Kntters Taking Up the Hook)
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Positively Crochet
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches
  • The Principles of Knitting: Methods and Techniques of Hand Knitting
Founder of www.StyledByKristin.com and design company KRISTIN, Kristin Omdahl frequently contributes to the website that bears her name. In addition to showcasing her designs, Kristin serves up terrific articles about knitting, crochet, yarn and even a few sneak peeks at what's new.

Kristin Omdahl designs knit and crochet garments and patterns under her label KRISTIN, and is the author of "Crochet
More about Kristin Omdahl...
Seamless Crochet: Techniques and Designs for Join-As-You-Go Motifs Wrapped in Crochet The Finer Edge: Crocheted Trims, Motifs & Borders A Knitting Wrapsody: Innovative Designs to Wrap, Drape, and Tie Knitting Outside the Swatch: 40 Modern Motifs