Start by marking “Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns” as Want to Read:
Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns

Crochet So Fine: Exquisite Designs with Fine Yarns

Kristin Omdahl's Crochet So Fine takes crocheted clothing from fussy to fashionable! By working with thinner yarns and more flexible stitches, crocheters can produce garments that are stylish and comfortable, figure-flattering without being form-fitting and great for layering. And just because the yarn is thin doesn't mean crocheters need to use the smallest of hooks, fine ...more
Published July 27th 2010 by Interweave Press (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Crochet So Fine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crochet So Fine

Norma
Jan 08, 2014 Norma rated it it was amazing
Lots of great projects. Beautiful designs. Loved this book.
Venus Maneater
Jul 06, 2015 Venus Maneater rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafts
One of my favorite wearable-crochet books! A must read for every crocheter, advanced or novice.

The Petals Wrap Cardigan on the cover looks *very* daunting, but if you take your time to work through the easier projects in this book, learning how to read charts while you're at it, you'll find that it's easier than you thought.

Keep this in mind though:
- It's okay to use some scrap acrylics to practice with, but choose your yarns carefully! These patterns really look best made with thin and natural
Sherry
Aug 03, 2010 Sherry rated it it was amazing
An enchanting compilation of delicate and beautiful patterns that can be accomplished with nothing more than a crochet hook and some fancy string. Although admittedly, it is geared toward the intermediate and expert; there are several patterns that I found would be perfect for the beginner.

“Starry Night Wrap” found on page 17 is perfect for the novice who would like to try their hand at the more delicate side of crochet and the “Willow Bag”, a shopping type reusable tote for those who not only
Anastacia
I've been oogling the designs from the book on Ravelry since it first came out, & I finally borrowed the book from the library to see for myself. I was hoping to have time to actually make something out of it, but alas, that will have to be another time.

There are so many gorgeous designs, I wouldn't have been able to just pick one. If I was doing the Ravelry blogging challenge, where you work through all the projects in a book... this would be the book for me (or maybe one of my sock books,
Monique
Jan 20, 2011 Monique rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
OMG...I read this book over the holiday and as a newborn knitter and even newer babe to crochet these designs were absolutely stunning...I have no idea when I will get good enough to be able to create these works of art, but, I hope to get there maybe in 10 years or so...I got this book from the library and really didn't want to return it...So I guess I'm going to need to buy it so that I can keep it as a reference tool when I become a master at knitting and crocheting...
Miranda
Apr 19, 2011 Miranda rated it it was amazing
Heywu
Nov 09, 2011 Heywu rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting, 2011
If you like lace and want to try crocheting lace, this book is the place to start that journey. The yarns are light weight and will look just as fashionable as knitted lace. Some great patterns in this book. Several patterns are now on my Ravelry que.
Nanci Svensson
Sep 13, 2013 Nanci Svensson rated it really liked it
Shelves: reference, crochet
Beautiful projects, but they are overwhelming and time consuming and I'm after a quick fix, man...
Later: the projects are not overwhelming, they are fun. Thus: I was wrong in my three star review, four stars it is!
Dana Wright
Jul 29, 2010 Dana Wright rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who enjoys crochet
This book is beautiful. It honestly inspires me to learn even more about crochet. I love it.
Nicole
Jul 28, 2011 Nicole rated it really liked it
Shelves: crochet, non-fiction
Lots of great patterns. I'll have to lay hands on the book again to try some more :)
Brenda Kirton
May 13, 2013 Brenda Kirton rated it really liked it
Such gorgeous patterns. I am making one currently and have several more on the list to make. The patterns are written out and charted for whichever. Method you prefer. Both easy to follow.
Kerry
Jul 08, 2014 Kerry rated it did not like it
I was just simply not impressed with the patterns.
Megan
Apr 06, 2014 Megan rated it really liked it
Shelves: library
Many patterns I would love. Buy a copy for home!
GoldenjoyBazyll
Jun 28, 2013 GoldenjoyBazyll rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft, how-to
It is so hard to find patterns that once you make them they do not look homemade. This book has absolutely lovely designs!!!!! I am most attached to the sweater on the cover!
Denise Bradley
Denise Bradley rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2017
Charlotte
Charlotte rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
Demophobe
Demophobe rated it liked it
Feb 15, 2015
Crystal Macritchie
Crystal Macritchie rated it really liked it
May 14, 2016
Bonnie Bishop-dudasik
Bonnie Bishop-dudasik rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Jan 06, 2011
Karen Whooley
Karen Whooley rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
Jul 29, 2014
Sheryl Batson
Sheryl Batson rated it it was amazing
Sep 23, 2015
obrl
obrl rated it liked it
Dec 22, 2016
Amber Shoebridge
Amber Shoebridge rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2014
Merav Hoffman
Merav Hoffman rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2016
Jaleh
Jaleh rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2013
78thStitch
78thStitch rated it it was amazing
Mar 20, 2013
Teri Sanders
Teri Sanders rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • Amazing Crochet Lace: New Fashions Inspired by Old-Fashioned Lace
  • Around the Corner Crochet Borders: 150 Colorful, Creative Edging Designs with Charts and Instructions for Turning the Corner Perfectly Every Time
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Crochet Me
  • Austentatious Crochet: 36 Contemporary Designs from the World of Jane Austen
  • The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic  Original Patterns
  • Cool Crochet: 30 Hot, Fun Designs to Crochet and Wear
  • The Crochet Stitch Bible
  • Harmony Guides: Basic Crochet Stitches (The Harmony Guides)
  • Luxury Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Small Indulgences
  • Crochet Inspiration
  • Blueprint Crochet
  • 200 Crochet Tips, Techniques & Trade Secrets: An Indispensible Resource of Technical Know-How and Troubleshooting Tips
  • Positively Crochet
  • 100 Snowflakes to Crochet: Make Your Own Snowdrift---to Give or to Keep
  • Crochet Boutique: 30 Simple, Stylish Hats, Bags  Accessories
Founder of www.StyledByKristin.com and design company KRISTIN, Kristin Omdahl frequently contributes to the website that bears her name. In addition to showcasing her designs, Kristin serves up terrific articles about knitting, crochet, yarn and even a few sneak peeks at what's new.

Kristin Omdahl designs knit and crochet garments and patterns under her label KRISTIN, and is the author of "Crochet
More about Kristin Omdahl...