Start by marking “Little Diva” as Want to Read:
Little Diva

Little Diva

Curtain up! Light the lights!

Nena wants to be a Diva—with a capital D—just like her mommy, who's a star on Broadway. She wants to sing and act and dance, but knows it will take lots of work—and lots of fun—for all her wishes to come true.

Tony Award-winning actress LaChanze and Caldecott Honoree Brian Pinkney present a showstopping story about a day in the life of a little
Published May 11th 2010 by Feiwel & Friends (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Little Diva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Little Diva

Brooke Wagner
Feb 28, 2015 Brooke Wagner rated it really liked it
Little Diva is about a little girl who wants to be a diva (actress) just like her mom. She is a diva in training-d.i.t. She follows her moms routine throughout the day as she gets ready for a show and then goes to theatre and watches her mom's performance. She awaits the day when she can one day perform on stage too.

Not only is this book about a child wanting to perform in theatre is is written like a production:

The cover of the book does not simply have a title and then says by so and so, it sa
Sep 05, 2010 Jami rated it it was ok
Shelves: bedtime-stories
My two little girls weren't really enjoying this one. The accompanying cd was read far too fast with no spacing between pages to really take in the illustrations.
Jul 22, 2010 Rachel rated it liked it
Beautiful swirling illustrations, but the text does not stand out.
Eva Leger
Feb 22, 2011 Eva Leger rated it it was ok
Shelves: julias-books
Part of me feels I'm being generous with the two stars. Julia said it's "nice of me".
We didn't listen to the CD and judging from the few mentions of it here I'm glad. The bad thing is, the book wasn't any better than the CD seems to be.
The illustrations are girly and beautiful. But it's just... flat. Real flat. It's just a bunch of nothingness. Nothing works sometimes. But not when it's also flat.
I can't help but feel that this could have been a really good book, maybe even borderline excepti
Sep 24, 2014 Holly rated it liked it
Shelves: carson-s
Cute. I was able to teach my toddler about Broadway, musicals and acting. Other than that, not a re-read.
Allison Burke
Silly book for younger girls. I probably wouldn't use it in my classroom, but I would recommend it for younger girls who are interested in acting and performing. I don't necessarily like the word diva because sometimes it can be classified as a negative word. Used for grades k-2.
Dec 06, 2010 Katey rated it really liked it
D.I.T. diva in training. If this is you or your child then this is a fun book. It is the day in the life of a Diva, which she wants nothing more than to be. She knows that it will be long road and that she has to learn a lot but she is ready!
Sara Jones
The accompanying read-aloud cd is really bad. It's a little over four minutes long... and I didn't even get through half of it. The story is sweet though. Very girly.
Jun 09, 2010 Natalie rated it really liked it
Shelves: african-american
It's the African-American answer to Fancy Nancy. Not amazing, but it fills a need.
Oct 09, 2011 Annie rated it liked it
2011 Author/Illustrator visit: Brian Pinkney
Read aloud K-1
Jun 21, 2011 Stephanie rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
fans of Fancy Nancy should enjoy this one
Kye marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2016
Juanita Saba
Juanita Saba marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2016
Aiyah added it
Jul 06, 2016
Alice De Deken
Alice De Deken rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2016
Marianne rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Sonia Allison
Sonia Allison rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2016
M added it
Feb 23, 2016
Perla marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016
Haley rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2015
Joy Lane
Joy Lane rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Keir Bridges
Keir Bridges rated it liked it
Oct 03, 2015
Carolyn Whitley
Carolyn Whitley marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2015
JWalton marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2015
Steven Kim
Steven Kim rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2015
Adrianna Barnes
Adrianna Barnes marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014