Start by marking “How to Murder the Man of Your Dreams (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #7)” as Want to Read:
How to Murder the Man of Your Dreams (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #7)

How to Murder the Man of Your Dreams (Ellie Haskell Mystery #7)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  452 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Ellie Haskell once again is on the trail of a killer in Chitterton Fells. Librarian Miss Bunch is found dead among the library stacks. Male romance novel cover model Karisma comes to town for a fund-raiser in her name, but one of his entourage is poisoned.
Published October 1st 1996 by Bantam (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about How to Murder the Man of Your Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Murder the Man of Your Dreams

One for the Money by Janet EvanovichChocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne FlukeAbby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithMurder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie
Best Cozy Mystery Series
415th out of 1,009 books — 1,164 voters
Murder With Peacocks by Donna AndrewsThe No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall SmithThe Alienist by Caleb CarrThe Black Echo by Michael ConnellyFor the Sake of Elena by Elizabeth  George
Best Mysteries from the 1990s
79th out of 186 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

George
Another in the Ellie Haskell of Chitterton Falls, a small English coastal town, mystery. This one deals with the 100th anniversary of the death of a townsman who cursed the town's library because of readers of romantic novels. Romantic novels serve as the basis of the plot as Ellie and other townswomen are avid readers with resulting romantic fantasies. Things are brought to a head when the male model (closely resembling Fabio) for romantic novel covers comes to town setting all female hearts af ...more
Mary
Title is the reason I picked up this book. Giselle "Ellie" Haskell lives in a castle called Merlin's Court with her husband and twin boy and girl Tam and Abbey. She is on the Library League and before a meeting she and the "Brigadier" find the librarian (who ruled the library with an iron fist) dead in the stacks. She died from a virus that attacked her heart. Ellie and the other members of the league decide that they need to raise money for a statue to honor their librarian. It is suggested tha ...more
Pat
A Fabio-type does a library fund raiser.
Ties in well with the matchmaker of The Thin Woman days.
Good, amusing.
Meg Hadley Trager
Fun characters and relationships, well crafted mysteries and always entertaining. Love this series.
Anne Hawn Smith
Another book in the series Ellie Haskell series. This one has a little more plot than the last few, but still not as good as the first. But then, in these books, it isn't really the crime that is most important. It's just fun settling in with an odd bunch of characters, especially Ellie and her housekeeper.

Ellie stumbles upon a body in the library and the romance readers of the town are under suspicion. As usual, Ellie stumbles into the solution as she takes us up and down with her.

Humbledaisy
Not my favorite Ellie Haskell mystery - possibly because it was written in the style of a hackneyed romance novel - but I still love the characters. I read this years ago when it was first released. Right now, I am re-working my way through the Kindle versions from my library.
Carroll
"When Ellie Haskell arrives at the Chitteron Fells Library meeting, she discovers the librarian's corpse sprawled next to an open copy of "The Dream Lover" and must unmask the killer before she meets her own untimely and unromantic fate."
Clare
This book took a while to hook me and even then I didn't have much difficulty putting it down. It did include a couple clever plot twists, which I enjoyed, but overall I would not really recommend it.
Kathie
Pretty good reading. I am getting to know the characters so it is easier to keep the storyline going in my head. This mystery was believeable with a little ghostliness thrown in.
Katie Powell
I love the Ellie Haskell books - None of them are as fun as the first in the series, The Thin Woman, but they all are quick, snappy reads. Highly recommend the series.
Odetta
May 28, 2011 Odetta rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: no one
Recommended to Odetta by: Talking Books
The reader had a British accent & I couldn't understand what was being said, like "the back seat of a Rover …" what's a Rover?
I can't even remember why I stalled out reading the Ellie Haskell series. They are so entertaining and funny.
G
I just LOVE her sense of humore and non stop chatter. Almost Gilmore Girl-esque. But in a British way.
Nancy Anderson
Not my cup of tea
Kathy
This is a great, light-hearted, funny mystery series!
Kathleen
couldn't get into it and didn't finish it.
Kay
Funny, funny, funny, loved it.
S.E. Gilchrist
I love all Dorothy Cannell books.
Helen
Fabio clone gets busted
Tonja
Tonja marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Sharon Cumings
Sharon Cumings marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Kadi
Kadi added it
Feb 28, 2015
Cozy Misstery
Cozy Misstery marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Sherri
Sherri added it
Feb 22, 2015
  • Murder Gets A Life (Southern Sisters Mystery, #5)
  • Set Sail for Murder (Henrie O, #7)
  • Biggie and the Poisoned Politician: A Mystery
  • Murder Can Upset Your Mother (Desiree Shapiro Mystery #8)
  • A Trap for Fools (A Kate Fansler Mystery #9)
  • Sins Out Of School (Dorothy Martin, #8)
  • Preaching to the Corpse (Advice Column Mystery, #2)
  • The Maggody Militia (Arly Hanks #10)
  • False Premises
  • Cankered Roots
  • Getting Old is Criminal (Gladdy Gold, #3)
  • The Alpine Fury (Emma Lord Mystery, #6)
(from Fantastic Fiction online)

Dorothy Cannell was born in London, England, and now lives in Belfast, Maine. Dorothy Cannell writes mysteries featuring Ellie Haskell, interior decorator and Ben Haskell, writer and chef, and Hyacinth and Primrose Tramwell, a pair of dotty sisters and owners of the Flowers Detection Agency.

(from Internet Book List)

Dorothy Cannell, a mother of four, grandmother of te
More about Dorothy Cannell...

Ellie Haskell Mystery (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Thin Woman (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #1)
  • Down the Garden Path
  • The Widow's Club (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #3)
  • Mum's the Word (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #4)
  • Femmes Fatal (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #5)
  • How to Murder Your Mother-In-Law (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #6)
  • The Spring Cleaning Murders (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #8)
  • The Trouble with Harriet (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #9)
  • Bridesmaids Revisited (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #10)
  • The Importance of Being Ernestine (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #11)
The Thin Woman (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #1) The Widow's Club (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #3) Withering Heights (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #12) How to Murder Your Mother-In-Law (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #6) Mum's the Word (Ellie Haskell Mystery, #4)