Start by marking “Share No Secrets” as Want to Read:
Share No Secrets

Share No Secrets

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  187 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Along the banks of the Ohio River, the small town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, has been the home of quiet pleasures and safety for Adrienne Reynolds and her fourteen-year-old daughter Skye since the death of Adrienne's husband four years ago. Their sense of safety is shattered, however, when Adrienne and Skye find the body of one of Adrienne's best friends, Julianna, ...more
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published August 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Share No Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Share No Secrets

Lots of twists and secrets! The murderer completely surprised me!
Mary JL
Nov 02, 2010 Mary JL rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any and all mystery/thriller readers
Recommended to Mary JL by: Fan of author
Shelves: mystery-horror
I especially liked this mystery because Adrienne Reynods is not a detective or a private eye. She is an ordinary--though very intelligent and courageous--woman caught up in a mystery when she finds the body of her best friend in a hotel room. (The summary provided by Goodreads gives a good idea of what the book is about, so I will not repeat any of that info.)

As Adrienne struggles to find out what is going on, murders continue to pile up. It seems that instead of no suspects, there are several p
Despite a somewhat slow start, Share No Secrets is a mystery novel about a small town in West Virginia that is suffering from a series of murders. The lovely Julianna Brent is murdered in the town's historic old hotel and childhood best friend Adrienne Reynolds spends the duration of the book trying to solve Julianna's murder, resolve her love life, raise her teenage daughter Skye and avoid becoming a murder victim herself!
Having only recently become a reader of Ms. Thompson's, I have to admit
Nov 04, 2009 Afsana rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: who like tina wainscott, lisa jackson maybe even sandra brown
I enjoyed this book and tried to guess who the guilty party was and guessed wrong.

There seemed suggestions of some of the other characters being guilty and not the actual culprit

the book is about Adrienne Reynolds a singlemother after she finds her best friend dead in a rundown hotel and soon finds that her life is in danger and she is unsure of who to trust

Like all carlene thompson books it is someone close to the main characteer who is the culprit but at least this time they were actually kill
Kris - My Novelesque Life

"Along the banks of the Ohio River, the small town of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, has been the home of quiet pleasures and safety for Adrienne Reynolds and her fourteen-year-old daughter Skye since the death of Adrienne's husband four years ago. Their sense of safety is shattered, however, when Adrienne and Skye find the body of one of Adrienne's best friends, Julianna, in a once-elegant, now abandoned hotel named La Belle Riviere. La Belle has a long history of misfortunes, but Julian
A close friend has asked artist Adrienne Reynolds to paint a picture of a Grand Hotel that has been in her family for years. The hotel is set to be demolished at the end of the week because it has been the scene of many tragedies. While Adrienne and her daughter, Skye, are at the hotel, they discover the body of her best friend, Julianna Brent. The police believe Julianna was killed her meeting her lover. While Adrienne tries to make sense of the murder, strange things begin to happen to her. Sh ...more
Beverly Brooks
Another page turner for Carlene, just love her books. Once I started did not want to put it down, had me guess right to the end.
I enjoyed this, but I didn't love it.
I found the main character of Adrienne fairly likeable, and I was able to understand and sympathise with her.
I liked that Adrienne was just an ordinary person, a mother who wanted to understand what was happening, and keep her daughter safe.
I did not guess who did it. Not even close. I normally do, so I was impressed by the author on that point alone.
I found her writing style enjoyable too.
This is listed on the back of the book as a romantic mystery, but the
Joelle Gilbert
This was a dark horse. I did not expect the murderer to be who it was till the very end. Then the subtle clues throughout made me kick myself for missing them. Thoroughly recommend this.
read when it first came out , always going on a thrill ride
I enjoy Carlene Thompson's books even she usually takes a bit setting up the story and characters at the beginning. They are usually suspenseful with a surprise or two. This one had quite a few twists and turns. The murderer did surprise me on this one. Whenever I thought I had it figured out, I was lead down another path with new clues. I connected with Adrienne and wanted her out of harms way. Ms. Thompson kept me guessing until the final, climatic revelation. Lovers of intelligent murder myst ...more
Beth Withers
I purchased this book while in WV, having never read anything by the author before. I found it quite good. This is a murder mystery that takes place in a small town in WV, centered mainly around an old abandoned hotel. There were so many characters that I did get a bit confused at times, but the excitement never let up. There are multiple murders that occur one after the other, along with some suspicious accidents. In the end? You will never guess who did it!
Tania Manoussaki
when secrets reveal you feel pease and quiet...not this time and not in this book...when the tryth about murders comes up everything that you believed goes down.Rachel is not a murder by accident but a murder by choise-all her life was a big lie.So she kills so se can stop the secret the pain the sorrow and to make herself visible to the others.A TREASYRE OF THRILLER BOOKS A BOOK YOY DON'T WANT TO FINISH READING A UNIQUE MEETING WITH LOVE AND PAIN AT SAME TIME.....
Joyce Yanney
A mystery novel about a small town in West Virginia. A single mother finds her best friend from childhood dead in a hotel room. She tries to figure out who is responsible, as the murders pile up,without becoming a victim herself. A fast paced story, trying to guess who is guilty, and next thing you know that person is a victim also. Well worth your time in reading. I recommend this book.
I'm enjoying the story but the chronic lack of punctuation and typos are killing me. Good grief.

I guessed everyone but the actual The grammar didn't get better but the plot was good.
Mystery with a sympathetic mother as main character. The author kept me guessing until the end … though there was a very over-the-top moment at the end with a jarring surprise twist.
Doreen Ong
share no secrets...but secrets cannot be kept forever...
that being said, the pace of the book is very slow.
Good read. The author does a good job of keeping you guessing and the ending will surpise you.
Beth is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2015
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Jennifer S. Rubin
Jennifer S. Rubin marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2015
Carol Lowe
Carol Lowe marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Shannon marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Nannette Troyan
Nannette Troyan marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
missy marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2015
  • Inferno
  • Midnight Rain
  • Now You Die
  • The Final Kill
  • Haunting Olivia
  • Blind Curve
  • Kiss of Death
  • The Little Death (Louis Kincaid, #10)
  • The Assassin (Selena McCaffrey, #1)
  • Stolen in the Night
  • Dangerous Deception (The Protectors, #27)
  • Kiss Her Goodbye
  • Ice Trap
  • Taking Lives
  • Final Breath
  • The Cloud of Unknowing
  • Dark and Deadly
  • The Perfect Family
Carlene Thompson is an author of suspense thriller novels.

Her first book, Black for Remembrance, was published in 1990 by Little, Brown and was well received. Her books are suspense novels, often with romantic elements and many take place in Thompson's home state of West Virginia. Her books often feature animals, which she bases on animals she knows in real life.
More about Carlene Thompson...