Start by marking “211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber” as Want to Read:
211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber

211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber

3.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  241 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
If you’ve ever wanted to walk on stilts, make sloe gin, ride an ostrich, or forecast the weather like your grandmother used to, this is the book you’ve been waiting for. This surprisingly handy and delightfully amusing guide includes instructions for: everyday survival skills and handy household advice.
Published June 8th 2010 by Debate (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber

Andy
May 20, 2009 Andy rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: an advertising department
Do you think Bunty Cutler is a real person?

NO, I am convinced. This book sounds to me like the product of a publisher's marketing department. No picture anywhere, no interviews, no author website, a fictional bio, a supposed brother who, conveniently, also writes a best-seller... Come on!!!

I can just picture a production team combing ehow.com for fun questions and slapping these books together.
Incidentally, the copyright page of my book reads Bunty Butler (not Cutler!) A clue that they couldn't
Mélou
Oct 16, 2014 Mélou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ce livre, était vraiment très plaisant à lire. On apprend plein de chose et en même temps on rit de comment le livre est ridicule. Le vocabulaire était incroyable, moi qui croyais bien connaitre ma langue... j'aimais beaucoup aussi le fait que l'auteur nous explique quoi faire, mais nous explique aussi pourquoi on doit le faire, et le résultat que ça va donner (avec des explication très sympathique et scientifique). Le seul et unique problème, c'était des pages entière à sauter car: on le savait ...more
Aimee
Mar 04, 2015 Aimee rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ivy Read
Apr 20, 2013 Ivy Read rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
La présentation est soignée et agréable. Il y a sept « chapitres » à ce livre et chaque séparation est apprêtée d’un cadre, d’une calligraphie et d’une citation. Chaque chapitre se divise en plusieurs « articles » et des illustrations sont disséminées aux endroits appropriés, ce qui en fait un plus visuellement.
Pour les cuisinières, il y a tout un chapitre consacré à quelques recettes de cuisine, mon don de cuistot s’étant perdu à la naissance, j’ai carrément sauté ce chapitre. Néanmoins, le r
Jared Della Rocca
A very quirky read. I don't know how often I'll find myself riding an ostrich, but somewhere in all of human history at least ONE person must have escaped danger on an ostrich. And if I'm going to be #2, after reading this book I'll be well-prepared. Of course, not all the tips were as helpful as how to ride an ostrich. I pray I'll never find myself doing my own Brazilian wax, but surviving an airplane crash or getting away from a hive of bees are CERTAINLY helpful! More seriously, these and the ...more
Heather
This is a clever little book. Lots of great ideas- some more than others. I did think it was a funny addition to add 'how to build a log cabin- abe lincoln style' as one of the clever things to do. I don't think I am going to try that one or use my panty hose to make homemade cheese (cheese strainer) but it's a great use! This is a fun read and you might actually learn something- like how to descend a spiral staircase in 6 inch stilletto heels. Yep, that's in there. Clever writing with some wit ...more
Tamia
Jan 10, 2015 Tamia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was surprisingly informational. I am now capable of many weird things. This book was hilarious, with the chic narrator and useful, sometimes awkward information.
Vanessa Werkelwut
witty, funny and comes in handy from time to time
Talia
May 13, 2008 Talia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adultnon-fic
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. This is an adult version of "Daring Book for Girls", where we are taught 211 handy tricks. From the useful (how to replace an electrical socket, how to get out of a car without flashing everyone), to the pointless (how to make a little black dress out of a garbage bag, how to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel), to the just plain fun ones (how to walk on stilts, how to make Turkish Delight)!
Carol
Jul 08, 2010 Carol rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
My version is titled: Das Lieblings buch aller Frauen

I was excited to find an easyish-to-read book in german, that i actually understood the humor. Ok, then I looked at the title page and realized it was written by an American, and she must be southern, with a name like Bunty Cutler. So far, the tips are not really useful, but are really funny!

Ok, it's in German, and i didn't finish the book.
Cher
Jul 09, 2008 Cher rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This truly is a book on how to do various things, such as light a fireplae fire, cut the line in the ladies room, or reject an unwanted suitor. Some are absolutely hysterical, some are just wonderfully practical. Laugh your way into DIY genius! I love this book. It's not really one you can ever finish, as you need to go back and look items up.
Lily
Sep 24, 2010 Lily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It had it's funny how-to moments, for instance the 'understanding the zodiac' and 'perfuming a room in 10 seconds'. There were other purely informative how-tos in the book as well, such as cooking. However, I only wanted to read this book for the hilarity, so the informative was uninteresting to me.
Fraenzey
Apr 12, 2014 Fraenzey rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Langweilige, stereotype, sexistische oder komplett sinnlose Tipps, mein Negativfavorit in so vieler Hinsicht war da ja das Abnehmen von 6 Pfund in 6 Stunden (Haare schneiden, Blut spenden, Ohren putzen, ausziehen usw.). Manchmal musste ich etwas grinsen, das macht den Rest aber nicht besser.
Berneen
Dec 31, 2014 Berneen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
J'avoue être déçue par ce livre au titre prometteur. Beaucoup des astuces sont tout simplement du bon sens, d'autres sont totalement inutiles et certaines même niaises.Cela dit l'idée est sympa, tout comme la présentation, les illustrations. J'ai aussi apprécié l'écriture.
Franziska Borrmann
This is by far the best book i've ever gotten as a present. Even if some things are just impossible to do (or not that current) it is brillantly written and really humouros. I enjoy reading this book over and over again.
rebecca
Jun 19, 2008 rebecca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to rebecca by: a borders display
i feel like this should get a 4.5. there are probably even more useful things to learn in order to be clever. and some of those things weren't that clever they were just weird. soooo funny though!
Kelly
Apr 20, 2012 Kelly rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2012
Some interesting ideas but mostly not applicable (identifying british wildflowers or braiding a horse's hair) or out of date.
Sam
Jul 31, 2014 Sam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book, useful yet funny this is a brilliant must have book for all girls/women/ladies
Allanna
Jan 07, 2009 Allanna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chatty, breezy style ... some Brit-humor ... lots of advice.

Quite enjoyable, really.
Cam Tu
Taught me how to build a log cabin by myself. Can't wait to get started.
Manda
May 30, 2011 Manda rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
It was ok, I don't remember much about it. Not the best girl guide I have read.
Nov 25, 2013 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was hilarious and sarcastic! Definitely one of my favorites.
Jane
Jun 21, 2009 Jane added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mary Steele
I just kept thinking of the lovely Meghan B. when I was reading this.
Magdalen Ophelie
Sep 08, 2015 Magdalen Ophelie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: home
Funny, unusual and entertaining, a very nice book for light reading.
Margrét
Sep 12, 2012 Margrét rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
No, just no. I didn't read all of it, but I read enough.
Katie
Sep 14, 2010 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Humorous and even actually quite useful!
betti
May 21, 2011 betti rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny.
Laurence-Gabrielle Fournier
Laurence-Gabrielle Fournier is currently reading it
Aug 12, 2016
Ivy
Ivy marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2016
  • Anxiety, Phobias, and Panic
  • The Great Big Glorious Book For Girls
  • Home Made Vintage: Over 40 Quick And Easy Sewing Projects
  • Etiquette: In Society, in Business, in Politics and at Home
  • The Girls' Book Of Glamour: A Guide To Being A Goddess (Buster Books)
  • The Art of the Steal: How to Protect Yourself and Your Business from Fraud, America's #1 Crime
  • When The Children Came Home: Stories Of Wartime Evacuees
  • The Vintage Tea Party Year
  • The Funniest Thing You Never Said: The Ultimate Collection of Humorous Quotations
  • A Zombie Ate My Cupcake!: 25 Deliciously Weird Cupcake Recipes
  • Home Vegetable Gardening -a Complete and Practical Guide to the Planting and Care of All Vegetables, Fruits and Berries Worth Growing for Home Use
  • New Treehouses of the World
  • Life Is Hard, Food Is Easy: The 5-Step Plan to Overcome Emotional Eating and Lose Weight on Any Diet
  • The Progressive Patriot