211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber

211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber

3.5 of 5 stars 3.50  ·  rating details  ·  175 ratings  ·  22 reviews
If you’ve ever wanted to walk on stilts, make sloe gin, ride an ostrich, or forecast the weather like your grandmother used to, this is the book you’ve been waiting for. This surprisingly handy and delightfully amusing guide includes instructions for: everyday survival skills and handy household advice.
Published June 8th 2010 by Debate (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 211 cosas que una chica lista debe saber

Andy
May 20, 2009 Andy rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: an advertising department
Do you think Bunty Cutler is a real person?

NO, I am convinced. This book sounds to me like the product of a publisher's marketing department. No picture anywhere, no interviews, no author website, a fictional bio, a supposed brother who, conveniently, also writes a best-seller... Come on!!!

I can just picture a production team combing ehow.com for fun questions and slapping these books together.
Incidentally, the copyright page of my book reads Bunty Butler (not Cutler!) A clue that they couldn't...more
Ivy Read
La présentation est soignée et agréable. Il y a sept « chapitres » à ce livre et chaque séparation est apprêtée d’un cadre, d’une calligraphie et d’une citation. Chaque chapitre se divise en plusieurs « articles » et des illustrations sont disséminées aux endroits appropriés, ce qui en fait un plus visuellement.
Pour les cuisinières, il y a tout un chapitre consacré à quelques recettes de cuisine, mon don de cuistot s’étant perdu à la naissance, j’ai carrément sauté ce chapitre. Néanmoins, le r...more
Meredith
Nothing to what I expected. It is funny as most reviews describe - that's true. But only in places on odd things. They are the only bits which are good for reading. The rest are actually simply things, and how to do them. Wasn't too impressed with the start of the book, an entire chapter on how to cook with flowers... not my kind of thing. It's basically a "how to..." book but they are all stupid, useless, never going to happen, sort of things!

But, on the other hand, there were sections that ac...more
Jared Della Rocca
A very quirky read. I don't know how often I'll find myself riding an ostrich, but somewhere in all of human history at least ONE person must have escaped danger on an ostrich. And if I'm going to be #2, after reading this book I'll be well-prepared. Of course, not all the tips were as helpful as how to ride an ostrich. I pray I'll never find myself doing my own Brazilian wax, but surviving an airplane crash or getting away from a hive of bees are CERTAINLY helpful! More seriously, these and the...more
Heather
This is a clever little book. Lots of great ideas- some more than others. I did think it was a funny addition to add 'how to build a log cabin- abe lincoln style' as one of the clever things to do. I don't think I am going to try that one or use my panty hose to make homemade cheese (cheese strainer) but it's a great use! This is a fun read and you might actually learn something- like how to descend a spiral staircase in 6 inch stilletto heels. Yep, that's in there. Clever writing with some wit...more
Vanessa Werkelwut
witty, funny and comes in handy from time to time
Talia
I was pleasantly surprised with this book. This is an adult version of "Daring Book for Girls", where we are taught 211 handy tricks. From the useful (how to replace an electrical socket, how to get out of a car without flashing everyone), to the pointless (how to make a little black dress out of a garbage bag, how to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel), to the just plain fun ones (how to walk on stilts, how to make Turkish Delight)!
Carol
My version is titled: Das Lieblings buch aller Frauen

I was excited to find an easyish-to-read book in german, that i actually understood the humor. Ok, then I looked at the title page and realized it was written by an American, and she must be southern, with a name like Bunty Cutler. So far, the tips are not really useful, but are really funny!

Ok, it's in German, and i didn't finish the book.
Cher
This truly is a book on how to do various things, such as light a fireplae fire, cut the line in the ladies room, or reject an unwanted suitor. Some are absolutely hysterical, some are just wonderfully practical. Laugh your way into DIY genius! I love this book. It's not really one you can ever finish, as you need to go back and look items up.
Lily
It had it's funny how-to moments, for instance the 'understanding the zodiac' and 'perfuming a room in 10 seconds'. There were other purely informative how-tos in the book as well, such as cooking. However, I only wanted to read this book for the hilarity, so the informative was uninteresting to me.
Franziska Borrmann
This is by far the best book i've ever gotten as a present. Even if some things are just impossible to do (or not that current) it is brillantly written and really humouros. I enjoy reading this book over and over again.
rebecca
Jun 19, 2008 rebecca rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to rebecca by: a borders display
i feel like this should get a 4.5. there are probably even more useful things to learn in order to be clever. and some of those things weren't that clever they were just weird. soooo funny though!
Kelly
Some interesting ideas but mostly not applicable (identifying british wildflowers or braiding a horse's hair) or out of date.
Sam
I loved this book, useful yet funny this is a brilliant must have book for all girls/women/ladies
Allanna
Chatty, breezy style ... some Brit-humor ... lots of advice.

Quite enjoyable, really.
Cam Tu
Taught me how to build a log cabin by myself. Can't wait to get started.
Manda
It was ok, I don't remember much about it. Not the best girl guide I have read.
I thought this was hilarious and sarcastic! Definitely one of my favorites.
Jane
Jun 21, 2009 Jane added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Mary Steele
I just kept thinking of the lovely Meghan B. when I was reading this.
Margrét
No, just no. I didn't read all of it, but I read enough.
Katie
Humorous and even actually quite useful!
Stella
Stella added it
Sep 16, 2014
  • How To Be The Best At Everything (The Girls' Book)
  • The Girls' Book Of Glamour: A Guide To Being A Goddess (Buster Books)
  • The Gaggle: How the Guys You Know Will Help You Find the Love You Want
  • How To Fossilise Your Hamster: And Other Amazing Experiments For The Armchair Scientist
  • How to Sew a Button: And Other Nifty Things Your Grandmother Knew
  • The Art of the Steal: How to Protect Yourself and Your Business from Fraud, America's #1 Crime
  • The Darwin Awards 4: Intelligent Design (Darwin Awards, #4)
  • The Geek Dad's Guide to Weekend Fun: Cool Hacks, Cutting-Edge Games, and More Awesome Projects for the Whole Family
  • The Boys' Book: How To Be The Best At Everything
  • Fame Junkies: The Hidden Truths Behind America's Favorite Addiction
  • Real Simple: Solutions: Tricks, Wisdom, and Easy Ideas to Simplify Every Day
  • Quantum Physics for Poets
  • Forbidden Knowledge: 101 Things NOT Everyone Should Know How to Do
  • Vintage Hairstyling: Retro Styles with Step-by-Step Techniques
  • The Character of Cats: The Origins, Intelligence, Behavior, and Stratagems of Felis silvestris catus
  • The Big Book of Girl Stuff
  • Gothic Charm School: An Essential Guide for Goths and Those Who Love Them
  • The Action Hero's Handbook: How to Catch a Great White Shark, Perform the Vulcan Nerve Pinch, Track a Fugitive, and Dozens of Other TV and Movie Skills
211 Cosas que una chica lista debe saber (Spanish Edition) Das Lieblingsbuch aller Frauen