Start by marking “Welcome to Serenity” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Serenity

Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,861 ratings  ·  59 reviews
When Jeanette Brioche helped launch The Corner Spa in Serenity, South Carolina, she found a whole lot more than professional satisfaction. She discovered the deep and loyal friendships that had been missing from her life. But even the Sweet Magnolias can't mend the terrible rift between Jeanette and her family or persuade her that the holidays are anything more than a seas ...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Mira (first published December 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Serenity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Serenity

Jans
Welcome to Serenity is the most recent book in Sherryl Woods' Sweet Magnolias series. This is the most heartwarming, delightful book I've read in ages. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and embraced its characters in the first chapter.

Before I'd read even half the book, I'd already purchased four more of Sherryl Woods' books, including Stealing Home and Feels Like Family, two more of the Sweet Magnolias series.

The Sweet Magnolias are a group of four very close friends who live in the town of Seren
Jeanne
Couldn't get into this one. Characters and action all a bit too forced for me. The ending was even more of a disappointment. I was sorry I plodded through the story to get to that.
Katy M
Sherryl Woods again, as always, delights and entertains.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
Ms. Woods writes absorbing, lively, non-trite romance with fully fleshed characters and plots. The Sweet Magnolias series is fabulous in that the central characters are around 40. This novel has one main romance who's characters are in their 30's and a secondary one who's characters are in their 40's; all Ms. Woods novels have some insight into relationships of all ages, unusual for romance novels. Amazing
Barbara
Great contemporary romance

Sheryl Woods is one of my favorite authors. I love following her series and The Sweet Magnolias is a good one. This one is about Jeanette and Tom; two people who are not fond with the holiday season. They are put together to help with the holiday festivities¬¬ for the town of Serenity. As the story goes, they go through the many differences between the two of them, Tom’s stuffy rich parents’ dislike of Jeanette, many reasons why Jeanette doesn’t want to get involved wit
Tina
I just finished this one this morning. I loved again the friend dynamic and the small town. I always wonder why I wasn't courted with the likes of the sweet magnolia's men, probably because they just exist in books :) The story is set around the holidays in Serenity and I think everyone will enjoy the fast read
Paula Ratcliffe
This is a Christmas themed book. Christmas is gearing up in South Carolina's Serenity. Only two people seem to be in the bah humbug mood Jeanette Brioche and Tom McDonald. Jeanette from suffering a tragic loss many Christmas's ago, and Tom is suffering from a false Christmas's he's spent with his rich family. To him Christmas was all about networking and social situations.

Jeanette swore long ago over 3 years to be exact that no man would be boyfriend to her. She had been put second fiddle for fa
Courtney Voss
I just couldn't get into this book. The plot isn't bad but the characters got on my nerves. The Sweet Magnolias are so feminist that they are sexist. If they were male, readers would be objecting in a big way. At one point they actually get their husbands to confront the male main character because he wouldn't have sex with the "heroine" as JUST a booty-call. God forbid he actually care about her.
Some of the character interactions seemed odd too. The dad shows up to be the hard, don't-go-near-m
Rebecca
Here's another one I didn't finish. There must be something wrong with me, but I just don't understand why I'm supposed to find it romantic for a man to aggressively pursue a woman, to the point of physically restraining her, after she's given him several clear and pointed rejections. I also got fed up with her so-called 'friends,' who could find nothing better to do than drive her towards his bed, smugly ignoring her repeated pleas that she wasn't interested, and just doing everything they coul ...more
Luana Sirbu Blogger
Am so sorry to admit that i have never read any of the books of Sherryl Woods, but i do not regret i have started with this one. The book has a nice plot that will be on the taste of any reader, and love that the writer has used just the "right amount" of romance.
All the story happen in the Serenity city, where Tom McDonald and Jeanette Brioche are giving the "assignment" to work at the Christmas festival. At the beginning they both had a hard working for the event because of each past history
Becky
Jeanette came to Serenity to help the Sweet Magnolia's with their new spa. She found food good people in Serenity and true friends. She became an adopted Sweet Magnolia. She no longer enjoys anything to do with the Holiday season because of family issues, and this year is no exception. So when Maddie tries to convince her to be on the Holiday Festival Committee to promote the Spa, she flatly refuses. Tom McDonald is the new town manager that comes from a very prestigious family in Charleston. He ...more
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This book in the Sweet Magnolias concerns Jeanette who works for the 'Corner Spa,' and the new Town Manager, Tom McDonald. Both Jeanette and Tom are not fond of the Christmas Season due to memories of their personal childhoods.

The match-making Sweet Magnolias assign Jeanette to be liaison between the Spa and the annual Christmas committee, while the Mayor has informed Tom that it is his annual duty to put together the best ever Christmas Town holiday. Both resist but, as we know with this group,
Mareli
I have to admit, Tom left me a bit cold. I didn't envision all this passione between them but they story was good and I was glad to be back in Serenity.

Onto the next one!
Mirella Grace
Nice story... I like Tom McDonald. Yah, dari 4 buku serial Sweet Magnolias, si Tom inilah favorit daku. Makanya dapet bintang 4, hehe. Ceritanya simpel. Yah, baik Jeanette maupun Tom memiliki alasan untuk membenci masa masa Natal dan buatku, ini wajar aja. Sapa juga yang gak trauma kalo punya problem kaya mereka, terutama Jeanette.

Rada gak suka sama akhir ceritanya. Kok menggantung ya?? Pengennya sih, di akhir cerita Tom dan Jeanette menikah. Dari 4 buku, cuma cerita Jeanette dan Tom ini yang ga
Gwynn
So much happening in Serenity. Love it.
Donnajo
Mar 06, 2014 Donnajo marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
used from well read
Jan
Love this series.
Gail
The story of Jeanette, the spa services manager (massages, facials, etc.) at the Corner Spa owned by the Sweet Magnolias. She and the hero are down on Christmas, and both forced to work on the city Christmas committee. Hero is Tom, who is the new city manager. They both have issues with their parents--his are interfering and overbearing, and hers are absent and uncaring, apparently. Parent issues create most of the conflict, if not directly, then indirectly. It's a good read.
Kristi
3.5 stars - Better than average. What I've come to expect from this series so far.
Natalie Wipf
serious roller coaster of emotions in this book. i loved it!!! now where's my christmas miracle romance?
Megan Peterson
Loved this book as I have almost everything else by the author. I loved the relationship between Tom and Jeanette and I have a soft spot for Christmas romance novels. Will definitely read it again along with the other books in the series.
Syeda Nessa
Off all her sweet magnolias I like this book the most. This is because this one has the most depth. I love that there were alot of problems. Not only did the main characters have personal issues they also had relatonship issues as well. At the end I was suprised very much. Usually all the problems are resolved before it ends however not in this case. All the problems weren't solved before the book ended.
S
I simply could not finish this book. I really tried, but the narrator ruined the book for me. Her tone and Southern accent were just too hard to cope with. I read all three books before this one and am reading number 5 now, but this one was simply awful. I never quit reading a book part way through, but this is one that I did. Sherryl Woods, please NEVER use this narrator again.
Tiffany
I've really enjoyed all the books in the series so far. this one not so much. I'm having trouble even finishing it
MaryAnn
I liked the book, but a note to Ms Woods, when you 'end' the book in 2 pages, it makes the reader feel cheated. The plot was interesting, and I think your characters and your readers deserve a more detailed completion! I felt as if I put my faith in this book and you just hit send when you didn't want to write anymore, regardless of where the storyline was.
Patricia Solla
Romance doesn't come easy to the central character of this story but it makes the story interesting. Matchmaking abounds. The setting is fall into winter and Christmas abounds and there are ho ho hos and bah humbugs. What's nice is that it actually works out to be two romances as there is another underlying love story within.
Darcy
This one was ok, Jeanette and Tom were sort of blah, each with their own Christmas issues. I felt like Jeanette had more of a reason for the issues than Tom, who's were more of poor little rich boy. It seemed like for much of this one Tom didn't take in account Jeanette's feelings and just steamrolled over her, especially at the end.
Linda
Another book in the Sweet Magnolia series. This one brings in Jeanette who runs the spa and the town manager, Tom. Both of them have memories of family and Christmas that need resolving. Sometimes I feel that the Sweet Magnolias are a little too nosey and too pushy but they are all friends and love each other very much.
Amy
Part of a series, so you already know many of the characters and it's a bit of a stereotypical light read. Have a major family crisis that resulted in a decade of bad feelings? It's easily resolved in a single conversation that spans less than 2 pages.
Marianne Jay
Just like the other Sweet Magnolia books, this one is very special. I love the Christmas theme. I get very involved with the ladies of Serenity, aka, The Sweet Manolia's.

I can read about these ladies for a very long time to come.
Dalene
This installment was set at Christmas time, well it started in September, but focused on Christmas activities and family. I enjoyed it very much. What happened to Mary Vaughn and Sonny? Maybe it's in the next book.
  • Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5)
  • Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #10)
  • Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin'
  • Almost Home (Chesapeake Diaries #3)
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

The Sweet Magnolias (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1)
  • A Slice of Heaven (The Sweet Magnolias #2)
  • Feels Like Family (The Sweet Magnolias #3)
  • Home in Carolina (The Sweet Magnolias #5)
  • Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6)
  • Honeysuckle Summer (The Sweet Magnolias #7)
  • Midnight Promises (The Sweet Magnolias, #8)
  • Catching Fireflies (The Sweet Magnolias, #9)
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • Swan Point
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)