Start by marking “Killer on a Hot Tin Roof (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery #3)” as Want to Read:
Killer on a Hot Tin Roof (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery #3)

Killer on a Hot Tin Roof (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery #3)

In 'Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead' and 'Huckleberry Finished', Livia J. Washburn introduced indomitable Southern sleuth Delilah Dickinson. In 'Killer on a Hot Tin Roof', Delilah's literary mystery tour is underway again, and this time Tennessee Williams is the subject - but murder will steal the spotlight.
Published December 1st 2010 by Kensington

To ask other readers questions about Killer on a Hot Tin Roof, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer on a Hot Tin Roof

Angela
Jan 22, 2012 Angela rated it it was ok
In Killer On A Hot Tin Roof a travel agent, Delilah Dickinson, has put together a group of professors and takes them to New Orleans to the Tennessee Williams Literary Festival to do their presentations. All Delilah wants is for this trip to be a success and go off without any major drama or incidence. Well, Delilah doesn’t exactly get her wish for a drama-free trip. One of the professors, Michael, has brought something with him for his presentation on Cat on a Hot Tin Roof that will blow the aud ...more
Judy Iliff
May 31, 2011 Judy Iliff rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Killer on a Hot Tin Roof is the third in Washburn's Literary Tour Agency series. Perhaps it help to be an English teacher to thoroughly enjoy these books, but I don't think so. Each book in the series has become more enjoyable. Every book in the series as interesting plot lines, well-developed characters, and fun, little known information about an author, in this case Tennessee Williams.

Delilah Dickinson, owner of the Literary Tour Agency, takes a group of college English professors to New Orlea
Patricia
Nov 28, 2010 Patricia rated it it was amazing
Delilah Dickinson owns a travel agency in Atlanta. Her agency specializes in literary tours. Killer On a Hot Tin Roof begins at the airport in Atlanta. The professors signed up to go on the tour are tending to act more unruly students than adults. The tour is headed for New Orleans and for the annual Tennessee Williams Literary Festival. Delilah is glad to have Dr. Will Burke along as a member the group. Will is a professor and Delilah’s current romantic interest.

Delilah breathes a sign of relie
Beth Peninger
Jan 23, 2011 Beth Peninger rated it liked it
I like Livia J Washburn. She writes a good murder mystery, not intense like my fave - Mary Higgins Clark - but good nonetheless. She is another one of those themed series writers. This series is based around literary works and the main character, and of course sleuth, is a literary tour guide. Washburn inserts some real facts about each literary work and author the book centers on for its theme so that's a bonus. Especially for someone like me who loves reading, etc.
In this particular mystery T
Versel Rush
Mar 15, 2012 Versel Rush rated it it was amazing
Once again, a Livia Washburn's literary travel agency mystery left me smiling.

Taking place in New Orleans (not one of my favorite places, sorry) during a conference on Tennessee Williams (one of my favorite authors), Washburn presents well thought out characters without sacrificing a good murder mystery plot.

Delilah has gotten a bit of a reputation (and who wouldn't when people keep dying in her tours and she keeps helping the police solve the murders) that does not necessarily help her with th
Kathy Hiester
Dec 16, 2010 Kathy Hiester rated it really liked it
Delilah Dickinson is a single woman who owns her own travel agency in Atlanta, Georgia that specializes in tours focusing on popular Southern literary writers. Her tours, featuring attractions and events from Mark Twain’s and Margaret Mitchell’s classics have been spoiled by shocking occurrences of assassinations and chaos. Delilah has become a novice investigator, though she doesn’t realize or acknowledge it, and she has the aptitude for solving these crimes. She does realize that too much infa ...more
Kara Thorpe
Jan 13, 2011 Kara Thorpe rated it liked it
Recommends it for: cozy mystery readers, people looking for Southern books
I liked Delilah in the beginning, but had a difficult time remaining "in the voice." At times it pulled me out of the story and I had to struggle to get back in. Perhaps the narrative style just isn't for me.

The entire literary tour idea is still wonderful and leads to a great, diverse cast of minor characters. At times they and their petty squabbles were the most enjoyable parts of the book. The book really hooked me at the end of the first chapter, but it the slow pace soon lost me.

It seemed l
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
Sep 21, 2012 Jeannie and Louis Rigod rated it really liked it
Delilah Dickenson finds herself with a rowdy bunch of tourists that are Professors etc. The festival they are going to, Tennessee Williams in New Orleans, LA.

Delilah finds out that there is enmity amongst the group when one Dr.Frazier brings 'his discovery' along. An old wizened man in his 80's that instantly proclaims he was a lover of the esteemed playwright.

Problems commence from the announcement, couples hating each other, marriages going astray, and more. Delilah tries to distance herself f
Nancy Bennett
Jan 20, 2013 Nancy Bennett rated it really liked it
3.5 I didn't "really like it" but I liked it more than a 3 star.

This is a cozy mystery, #3 in the Delilah Dickinson series, and it delivers exactly what you expect. It was enjoyable, not to long, and not too messy. I read the first two books in the series and for me, those were better. I wouldn't say the endings were totally shocking, but there were some nice twists near the end that you didn't expect and revealed a killer you didn't think. This one, however, you could pretty much guess as to wh
Grey853
Jan 02, 2011 Grey853 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, cozy
Susan
Jan 17, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Delilah Doolittle is a travel agent specializing in tours connected with literature. It's a natural for her to bring a large group of university professors--including the man she's been dating, Will Burke--to New Orleans for the Tennessee Williams festival, where many of them will be speaking. One of the scholars has an old man in tow, a man who claims to have been a friend of Williams himself. As usual, there are disruptions on the tour, and soon Delilah finds herself once more trying to protec ...more
Susan
Feb 16, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Delilah Dickinson is a travel agent who specializes in literary tours, mostly related to authors of the South. In this one, she is leading a tour of literature professors to the Tennessee Williams Literary Festival in New Orleans. Delilah is a little implausible as an investigator, but the setting and the tour group dynamics as well as the academic politics keep the story lively. I liked the appendix, which talks about some of the places that Delilah visits in New Orleans. I'll proabably end up ...more
Carrie Donohue
Jan 23, 2016 Carrie Donohue rated it liked it
I feel like I'm missing some interactions here. The detective is way more surly and irritated with Delilah than their interactions thus far warrant. Also, I'm a redhead and no one ever calls me Red or blames my temper on my hair, (at least not aloud) but this is the 3rd book ands she gripes about it everytime... and it happens often. It's a fast read, always something going on. I give it 4 stars but hope this hair color thing calms down cause it's annoying.
Pat
Aug 09, 2011 Pat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Saw this title after I read an old autobiography of Tennessee Williams so it seemed like a natural fit. Wrong!! Simplistic, predictable and uninteresting! Fortunately, it was short so I read it in one day, but I detest even one day of wasted reading! Reading a much better pick now - The Hypnotist!
Cara Noyes
Aug 07, 2016 Cara Noyes rated it really liked it
Diane S ☔
Jan 09, 2011 Diane S ☔ rated it really liked it
Third book of the series finds Delilah taking a group of professors to the New Orleans literary festivel featuring the workls of Tennesee Williams. Not particulalry deep, but a humorous and lightread. I gave it four stars because it was entertainig.
Jeanne Quigley
Mar 31, 2014 Jeanne Quigley rated it liked it
This was an enjoyable read. It did take a while to get to the murder (the first half of the story is build-up), and the investigation lasted just a few hours. It is a fun series; the literary tour theme is very appealing. I look forward to the next installment.
Katerina
Dec 14, 2010 Katerina rated it really liked it
This was a cute mystery. I am looking forward to reading other books by this author. I didn't know what to expect when I received the book, but it captured my attention from the first chapter. The characters were interesting.
Serena
Oct 05, 2014 Serena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
My Rating System:

Linda
Nov 23, 2010 Linda rated it really liked it
Another great literary tour mystery! This time Delilah Dickinson is leading a group of professors to the Tennessee Williams festival in New Orleans. Lots of craziness ensues and of course a murder! Lots of fun.
Diane
Jan 26, 2011 Diane rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011, first-reads
I won this book from Goodreads and really enjoyed the opportunity to discover a new to me author.
This book was very funny, a nice cozy read that I liked a lot. Delilah was a feisty protagonist, and I learned a little about New Orleans and Tennessee Williams. Recommended to cozy mystery lovers.
Caroline
Feb 11, 2011 Caroline rated it liked it
Good book and I always enjoy Livia Washburn's Literary Tour mysteries but it seemed like this one spent most of the book building up to the murder and the resolution was short and quick at the end of the book. Still a fun read.
Regan
Mar 20, 2011 Regan rated it liked it
I've been so totally enjoying this series. I hope it extends beyond these three.

A slightly different voice than her first two -- easy read.
Brenda Kirton
Dec 26, 2011 Brenda Kirton rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery
Being a tour guide must be alot like herding cats. An entertaining book. This book is as good as it's predecessors. The characters are interesting and the mystery is good. I enjoyed the locale.
VJ
Mar 03, 2013 VJ rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
I didn't like this one as much as the Mark Twain one. Not quite sure why. I think these characters were less likable, maybe? In any case, I will give this series another try.
Charlene
Dec 04, 2010 Charlene rated it it was ok
Very quick fun book to read -- I finished it in 2 hours, skimming it in some places. I liked the New Orleans & Tennessee Williams literary festival setting.
Samantha
Samantha rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2014
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2016
Jennifer Ritz
Jennifer Ritz rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2015
Monique
Monique rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Three Bedrooms, Two Baths, One Very Dead Corpse
  • High Rhymes and Misdemeanors (Poetic Death Mystery, #1)
  • Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)
  • Negative Image (Constable Molly Smith #4)
  • How to Crash a Killer Bash (Party Planning, #2)
  • Murder on the Bride's Side (An Elizabeth Parker Mystery, #2)
  • Wrong Number
  • A Holiday Yarn (A Seaside Knitters Mystery #4)
  • Little Miss Straight Lace
  • Swift Justice (A Charlie Swift Mystery #1)
  • Shear Trouble (A Southern Quilting Mystery, #4)
  • Frame Up (Knight and Devlin, #2)
  • Eggsecutive Orders (A White House Chef Mystery, #3)
  • The Killing Storm (Sarah Armstrong, #3)
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • Silent Partner
  • Phi Beta Murder (Rex Graves Mystery, #3)
  • Death Without Tenure (A Karen Pelletier Mystery #6)
Under the names Livia J. Washburn and L.J. Washburn, Livia Reasoner has been writing award-winning, critically acclaimed mystery, western, romance, and historical novels for more than thirty years. She began to write in collaboration with her husband, author James Reasoner, and soon branched out into telling her own stories. She received the Private Eye Writers of America award and the American My ...more
More about Livia J. Washburn...

A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery (4 books)
  • Frankly My Dear, I'm Dead (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #1)
  • Huckleberry Finished (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #2)
  • For Whom the Funeral Bell Tolls (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #4)