Start by marking “The Mark of a Druid” as Want to Read:
The Mark of a Druid

The Mark of a Druid

3.73 of 5 stars 3.73  ·  rating details  ·  136 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Have you ever had a dream so real that when you awoke, it didn't leave the recesses of your mind for days? Eve McCormick just did, and this experience will change her life and the lives of those around her permanently. A twenty-six year old hypnotherapist who oversees a research project based on discovering the answer to an age-old question, "Is reincarnation fact or ficti ...more
Published October 13th 2008 by iUniverse (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Mark of a Druid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mark of a Druid

Arlene
Rhonda has successfully woven two worlds together into a believeable search for reasons. A researcher using hypnosis to delve into past lives, starts on her own journey to resolve problems and rebuild relationships that have survived centuries of living and dying.
Ancestral Gael
Rhonda R Carpenter has managed to pack a lot into " The Mark Of A Druid ". It features England, Ireland, the United States, the past, the present, druids, christians, sovereignty, shapeshifting, prophecy, reincarnation, past life regression, hypnosis, murder and drama.

I listened to the book in audio format via the free subscription at iTunes. The story seems slow to start and jumped quite a bit, from past to present, and between characters but, eventually, I was hooked. Towards the end, as all t
Amy
This was a good audiobook. There were a lot of characters, that would be my only complaint. It was a really interesting plot and some nice plot twists.
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
I last read this book in September 2012 and commented that I found the ending a bit rushed so would try it again to see if it made a difference.

IT DID!!!

There is so much detail in this book and it has such a build up to the big finale, with new characters even appearing right at the end, that that is why I felt it was rushed. This book is definitely better second time around as you don't feel so overloaded with characters and you are able to enjoy it more. It is a fantastic story, rich in detail
Tina
Do you believe in reincarnation? Ever meet someone and liked, loved, or hated instantly? Do you believe that the people you were with in a previous life are with you now? The author is a past life regretion hypnotist and a renown psychic and this book is one of the best I've read! It takes you into the life of Eve McCormick, she is doing clinical studies in past life regretion, until she started having very vivid dreams that left her battered, bruised and she had a birth mark she never had befor ...more
David Watson
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the characters and I loved the concept of past lives effecting the present and always meeting the people you knew in past lives again and again.

It was obvious a lot of work wen't into researching this book and I felt that both the past and the present story really came to life. My only complaint was that I wanted to hear more about the past lives and not as much in the present. This book is definitley worth your time.
Sally Witt
Nov 26, 2008 Sally Witt rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Sally by: Author & Book Promotions
Rhonda Carpenter is an amazing author with a wonderful style. She transports you in time and place with this fantastic book and helps you wonder, "Have I lived before"?

You can listen to my radio interview with Rhonda about her book at

Our video interview is at - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGZual...

I highly recommend this wonderful book!
Elayne
A very interesting concept of souls being intertwined in different lives. Eve is the head of a clinic doing research into regression. When she starts to have dreams of another life herself, a story unfolds, involving not only herself, but it seems everyone around her. Treachery and villainy soon come into play, in the past as well as the present and all becomes obvious to the reader who are the players in both "times".
Jodi
I'm totally hooked on this book by Rhonda Carpenter. It is the type of book that you think about during the day and dream about at night.
Good stuff!!!
My only complaint (the reason it gets a 4 instead of a 5) is the author puts pauses in her sentences where there shouldn't be one. It can be very aggravating to listen to at times, but the story is so good that you can overlook it.
I love her writing and will look for more books by her in the future.
Sally
I loved this book! Oddly enough, I read it not long after having some freaky dream experiences myself! There's a lot going on in the story, but not so much to confuse or distract. There were times while reading I was smiling like a cheshire cat and times when I was crying my eyes out. Brilliant book!!
Zaanodes
Almost a 4. Needed some proofing. Ending was...lacking. There were also some what I call 'stutters', phraseology that did not flow well. That said...

If this is her first book, she is off to an amazing start!
K.
It's not often a book brings tears to my eyes but this one did, several times.

The Mark of a druid is a tale of love and revenge played out during the span of two different lifetimes; the characters linked together in the present by their past lives. An inspired story by Rhonda R. Carpenter and one I truly enjoyed, despite it being quite sad/emotional in places.

The reason this book lost a star was due to the formatting issues. Speech paragraphs were oddly formatted in places, meaning the flow of
Kellisa Watkins
Good premise. The book took me a long time to get into it. Initially there seemed to be too many characters. The bouncing back and forth from the past to the present was interesting, but the method was a little too pat. It seemed as if the author had a large idea that needed to be condensed in a hurry which was unfortunate. The ending was rushed leaving many loose ends in the present and the past. I would lists the loose ends, but I don't want to spoil the book for anyone. The Kindle version of ...more
Catherine Green
I really enjoyed this book! At the beginning I struggled to get involved. There are lots of characters, and I became very confused trying to decipher their connections and relationships. This isn’t helped by the fact that the story revolves around past lives, regression, and people remembering themselves in different eras. My advice is to stick with it, because once you get half way through, you will be hooked! I loved the historical references, because it resonated with me personally, as it wil ...more
Karyn
page 101 of 388 and finding the constant erroneous punctuation a pain in the butt trying to understand how the sentences should read and there is not really any great depth of character,fleeting from one to another with very little cohesiveness, but staying with it only to find out how they have all lived these earlier incarnations to meet up again all here together in the present time and for what purpose. A Little too remeniscent of Barbara Eskine's Lady of Hay but we shall see..
Hilarie Joy
I wish the second one was available. This has the making of a great series. Any fans of Bernard Cornwell or Fred Saberhagen would love this. Up and coming author.
Emily
One of the most addicting books I've read in a long time. Mark of the Druid goes on my favorites shelf. Well written & a great read for other Pagans.
Raven
Dreams and past lives become entwined. This book will suck you in and keep you enthralled. I couldn't put it down!
Susie
I loved this story. The author did a wonderful job of joining two worlds into one.
Emma
Really loved this book. Proper review to follow.
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Lori Murray
Lori Murray marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Lorraine Gunstone
Lorraine Gunstone marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2015
Christine Peterson
Christine Peterson marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
MJ
MJ marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Heathens, Pagans ...: October / November: The Mark of a Druid 29 51 Dec 04, 2012 01:27AM
  • Night's Knights
  • Druid's Daughter (Garland of Druids, #1)
  • Dark Warrior: To Tame a Wild Hawk (Dark Cloth, #1)
  • The Fox
  • Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles #1)
  • Capitol Reflections
  • Embers (The Guild of the Cowry Catchers, #1)
  • The God's Wife
  • City of Rogues (The Kobalos Trilogy, #1)
  • The Habitation of the Blessed (A Dirge for Prester John, #1)
  • Moonstone (Unbidden Magic, #1)
  • Invisible Justice (Justice, #1)
  • Priestess of the Forest: A Druid Journey
  • Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family #2)
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • Raven's Heart: A Tale from the World of Secramore
  • Shadow of the Sun (Timeless, #1)
  • The Gods of Dream
Rhonda R. Carpenter is an award winning Clinical Hypnotherapist specializing in Past Life Regression as well as a renowned Psychic, the 5th generation in a long line of powerfully clairvoyant women. Her first fiction fantasy novel was released in 2008. She lives and works in the mountains of Southern California. For more information here are her websites where she blogs about life, writing, podcas ...more
More about Rhonda R. Carpenter...
Podioracket Presents - Glimpses The Wickeds: A Wicked Women Writers Anthology (Volume 1)