Start by marking “Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)

Lead-Pipe Cinch (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #2)

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  217 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The second mystery featuring Georgiana Neverall, plumber's apprentice extraordinaire.

Georgiana Neverall never pictured herself knee-deep in a muddy trench building a moat-part of a state-of-the-art castle that would soon house a retired Microsoft engineer.

She also never imagined being a murder suspect, but that's exactly what happens when a floater in the moat turns ou
Published April 6th 2010 by Berkley (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lead-Pipe Cinch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lead-Pipe Cinch

I read the first book. I had high hopes for the second one. I just didn't like the way the mystery was written in as far as the villian was brought into the story. I read a lot of mysteries. It didn't make sense to me. It didn't follow a logical sequence. I know that there are surprises in mysteries, but usually you're introduced to the character at some point early in the book. I just didn't like it That's my opinon.
A friend lent me both Georgiana Neverall books. I wasn't expecting to like cozies about a lady plumber, but I did. Easy to read, good characters who seemed real to me, and the plots flowed smoothly. The first book was good enough for me to want to grab the second book and start reading it immediately, and I'll for sure buy the next one in the series. If you like cozies and easy/fun reads, these good books.
Nancy Carty Lepri
A great cozy with lots of suspense!
Hmmf... Im not sure this will be a good review, as I had a few beefs with this book.

Although I like the premise of the book, (a plumbers apprentice) this book just felt to "cozy" for me. Georgiana spent over 70% of the book worried about her secret of getting booted out of her old computer business "Samarai Security" Im guessing she felt a lot of shame over this, which is what, IMO dragged the book downward. She seemed overly obsessed with keeping her secret, which she is afraid would be reveale
Even with only two books, this has quickly become one of my favorite cozy series. I love the premise of the main character meandering back home, trying to keep her head up after getting shite-canned from the company she created in California, going to work as a plumber's apprentice. A cool premise, a good reason for the main character to get involved in the solving of the murder, excellent side characters to either help or hinder the main character along the way.
I really liked getting the backs
Overall enjoyable mystery. I didn't see the murderer coming. The one annoying thing was how the dialogue was written, often a couple different paragraphs of the same character talking and that confused me sometimes when I thought it was a conversation between two characters.
So far not so good. I didn't read the first one so I think I might have missed most of the background of the characters. What is bugging me is "the secret". She's been friends with Sue all her life and never told her ANYTHING about her high tech job and fancy pants clothes and rich boyfriend? Ever? Please.
I will finish this just see who was the killer but will not read anything else in this series.
Yup, terrible. Don't waste your time. And the "fun" plumbing tips and tricks aren't fun. They are
Fun to read; follows Sink Trap. Georgiana Neverall, who had her career as originator of Samurai Security stolen from her by Blake Weston, finds herself in trouble when her former boyfriend and partner, Blake, is found dead at the site of a moat where she's been working. Now a plumber, Georgiana becomes the primary suspect and when she tries to solve the crime, she looks at her mother's new boyfriend, a real estate agent/developer who's in trouble financially. Pretty fun to read.
Georgiana Neverall is suspected of murdering her former boyfriend. This is a fun, light-hearted mystery. The second in a series; but you could read this one without reading the first. I enjoyed this book very much; I love how she had strong feelings about what happened in the past and now is confronted with the knowledge that the past isn't always what it seems.

Can't wait to read the next book in the series (and luckily I already have my copy, so can start it immediately!).
Katherine P
A better read than the first one in the series but still a few issues. Georgie's friends actually seemed to be her friends in this book vs in the controlling roles they played in the first book. I also liked that the mystery of Georgie's past was explained and dealt with. I still found Gregory Whitlock's character a little too super villian but it looks like he will be dealt with in #3. All and all an entertaining light read with a good mystery.
Lynn Demsky
I'm enjoying this series of mysteries...Georgiana is more than interesting, intelligent, morale and all the things that make up a good person. Dump in all the other characters of the small town she moved back to, her friends and is truly more than a good read! Plus fun finding more about plumbing while reading --- author puts in good tips for standard household problems also! Have to find the next one!
I like Georgie, but honestly, I struggled with this one. I'm not sure if I've just got too much going on right now, but I really had to put effort into continuing to read it - in many ways, I just didn't care. I also figured out who did it fairly early on which is so rare, I couldn't really believe it until I got to the end and voila, I was right.

I'll still probably continue with the series though.
Better read than the first one in the series but still not that interesting. The characters are not very likeable.
Similar to Sink Trap, the first book in the series, this one has Georgia involved in a murder. This time, however, she's a prime suspect because of a previous relationship.

This book suffered from the same flaws as the first, too much talk and not enough action.
Learning to be a plumber instead of computer security genius seemed to be a great idea since the company Georgians founded was stolen by her former boyfriend until he turns up dead on the worksite.
Karen Fonville
Georgie really has a crash between current and past in this book. It was another stay-up-late book for me. Excellent work, Ms. Christy Evans... can't wait for the next one!
Definitely one of my favorite cozy mystery series. Well written and interesting.
Alyssa White
Oh the castle! This book was so great! I could not put it down!
A good book overall.
Standard mystery.
Susan Moxley
Susan Moxley marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Doward Wilson
Doward Wilson marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2015
Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger is currently reading it
Nov 06, 2015
Pamela Holloway
Pamela Holloway marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Vicki marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2015
Netanella marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2015
Stephanie marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
  • Red Delicious Death (Orchard, #3)
  • French Polished Murder (A Daring Finds Mystery, #2)
  • Murder Grins and Bears It (Gertie Johnson #2)
  • Cut to the Corpse (A Decoupage Mystery, #2)
  • Pretty in Ink (Tattoo Shop Mystery, #2)
  • The Proof is in the Pudding (A Della Cooks Mystery #3)
  • Getting Old Is a Disaster (Gladdy Gold, #5)
  • Tressed to Kill
  • Silent Auction (A Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery #5)
  • Dead Air (A Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • Plaster and Poison (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #3)
  • Delicious and Suspicious (A Memphis BBQ Mystery #1)
  • Death Threads (A Southern Sewing Circle, #2)
  • Motherhood is Murder (A Maternal Instincts Mystery, #2)
  • Murder on the Bride's Side (An Elizabeth Parker Mystery, #2)
  • Short Squeeze: A Mystery
  • Feline Fatale (Kendra Ballantyne, Pet-Sitter Mystery, #9)
  • Last Writes (Forensic Handwriting Mystery, #4)

A Georgiana Neverall Mystery (3 books)
  • Sink Trap (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #1)
  • Drip Dead (A Georgiana Neverall Mystery #3)