Start by marking “One Tiny Miracle” as Want to Read:
One Tiny Miracle

One Tiny Miracle

3.71 of 5 stars 3.71  ·  rating details  ·  1,537 ratings  ·  103 reviews
Dr. Ben Richardson is trying to make yet another new start, this time in the emergency department at a Melbourne hospital. It's been nearly four years since he lost his wife and unborn child--and he still hasn't let go. So it comes as quite a surprise to him when his eye is drawn to a beautiful pregnant woman on the beach.

When Ben realizes Celeste is a nurse at the hospita
Published November 2009 by Mills & Boon

To ask other readers questions about One Tiny Miracle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Tiny Miracle

Paula Legate
This was an emotional heartwarming story. Ben had lost his wife, and his daughter years ago. He never had the chance to hold his daughter, so he never grieved for the loss of his daughter.

He met Celeste on the beach. They found out that they were neighbors, and also coworkers. Ben was a doctor, and Celeste was a nurse. Celeste was pregnant, with no support system. She didn’t have many friends, and her parents kind of disowned her when she found out she was pregnant. Ben was always there when sh
Shannon
This book was totally Harlequin.. I am reminded why I really try to avoid these types of books, unless others have read them and assured me they are okay..

Ben is a doctor who lost his wife and unborn child.. He clearly is having a very hard time moving on with his life, and when he meets Celeste he is unsure of why he has feelings for her right off, and is on a mission to avoid them..

Celeste is a single girl who is about to have a baby.. She is in her 7th month I think when she meets Ben, and s
Dawn
It was an ok book, but it is a Harlequinn and I find their books leave me wanting more, like the story is hurried or something. It had a good story line. Just wanted something more.
Kate McMurry
Pretty good unwed-mother romance

Dr. Ben Richardson lost his beloved wife, a fellow doctor, and his unborn child four years ago, and he is still in mourning. He is making a new start at the emergency department at a hospital in Melbourne, Australia. Since being around pregnant women recalls traumatic memories, Ben is both drawn and repelled by his beautiful, extremely pregnant neighbor. Then he learns that Celeste is a nurse in his department at the hospital, and it is difficult to maintain his d
Kathie (katmom)
An older book, but one that still gave my heart a tug.

Dr. Ben Richardson lost his pregnant wife four years ago. He doesn't "do" children, or relationships. And a relationship with someone pregnant? Just no.

Of course his heart is telling him something different when he meets Celeste, a nurse at the hospital he's now working at...A pregnant nurse with no one else to watch out for her.

Celeste is a bit ditzy, except when it counts. She's a kind woman and totally freaked over being a single mom. But
Becky ♡The Bookworm♡
I thought this was a heartwarming story about grief, recovery, and moving on to find love again. I was touched by Ben's history and the sadness he lived with after losing his wife and unborn child. I really felt for him and understood his hesitation to become involved with Celeste. I thought Celeste was strong, despite being lied to by a married man. She was determined to raise her child on her own, but she believed that took her off the market for any decent eligible bachelor. When she learns B ...more
Shyann
The name of the book I’m writing this report on is One Tiny Miracle. I’ve been reading this book for a while now. So far it’s been a very interesting book. Some parts are harder to understand than others. It was really easy to relate to although not all the situations are the same. I would recommend this book to anyone who is good at keeping track of several stories at once. In all, it’s a very good story with a lovely plot that many people can understand and relate to.
In this book there are man
Brianne
I liked the book for the first three quarters. Thought the ending was too rushed for the issues the characters were dealing with
Julianna
was a good read. liked how they both had doubts and worries to work through and that she stood up for herself and her baby.
Dinjolina
Oh! What a cute book!
i loved it. it was sweet
Tonileg
Contemporary medical romance set in Australia near a beautiful beach where two people unlikely (and not looking for love) find it anyway.
Dr. Ben Richardson has more baggage then the usual man at this young age because he lost his wife while she was pregnant with their child almost four years ago, but his heart is too scared to move on and find a new life-mate. So when he finds a hugely pregnant lady on the beach near his new apartment, he figures that he can just help and be friends because no o
Rachelle Ayala
This was a cute story set in Melbourne Australia. I didn't really get the local color of the place, so other than the place names, it could have been anywhere. There was a lot of head-hopping and telling which distracted me. I had to go back and figure out whose head we were in every few paragraphs. But I liked the theme about letting love grow rather than forcing it.

The setting is an emergency room where the hero is a doctor and the heroine is a pregnant nurse. The hero has an aversion to babie
IMHO~C
3 Sweet Stars for One Tiny Miracle
I downloaded this book for free and thought it was a very sweet story. An emergency room doctor, whose pregnant wife died tragically four years ago, and a naive young nurse who finds herself pregnant and alone live in the same apartment complex. Brought together by proximity at home and at work they find themselves naturally drawn together. While Ben has come to accept the death of his wife, he has never been able to fully grieve for his unborn child. After Cele
Tina
Apr 09, 2013 Tina rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
Romance novels are definitely my guilty pleasure and this one had everything I love! Ben has gone through so much in his life, losing his wife and unborn child. We watch him struggle with his emotions while trying to move. It's really heartbreaking to watch/read. Then he meets Celeste and we all fall in love with her. She's a soon-to-be single mom who is also struggling with her life. She doesn't have a lot of money and no family or friends to turn to besides Ben. Through their friendship, we wa ...more
Lesley Nowlin
Jul 07, 2013 Lesley Nowlin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance
This book was free on kindle. I was drawn to the beautiful baby on the cover and decided to check this one out. It was well worth the read.

Some of the reviewers weren't happy with Carol Marinelli's writing. I would like to offer my two cents. First, Carol Marinelli is a British author. I've read several British authors, and come to realize their writing style and use of words is a little different from American authors. In my honest opinion, I don't this should be held against the author in revi
Rachel
A sweet easy read under 200 pages (it says closer to 200 on here; on my nook it was listed as 128) that was great for in between huge epic sagas. While not Shakespeare, it kept my interest and was perfect for my mood. Was free on nook when I got it a couple years ago but nook books that are free often stay that way so if it sounds good to you and you have a nook or nook app it just might be free; check it out!
Alison
Honestly, I didn't expect to enjoy this book (short + free often equals a waste of time), but there's a lot to like here. The author conveyed deep emotion, whether it was Celeste's anxiety over being single mom to a preemie, Ben's grief over the loss of his wife and daughter, or their growing attraction to each other.

One complaint, and it's a big one: too much head hopping.
Delphius Reads
Kinda boring and predictable. Most of the book was spent with Ben arguing with himself about wanting to be with her. The was no real romance or falling in love. They met, they talked, and suddenly he was a tortured soul over his past loss and wanting to spend his life with this woman. Meh. Very unrealistic. The heart doesn't work that way.
Kathy
I really enjoyed this book. A very heart warming story of a single pregnant girl who doesn't even have the support from her parents. The father of her baby is married and wants nothing to do with her or the baby. She is a nurse and meets widower Ben who is still grieving over the loss of his wife and unborn daughter. what a beautiful story of 2 hurt people who find each other and learn to be more than friends,
The UHQ Nasanta

Liked it but not as much as I liked Emergency: Wife Lost and Found. It got pretty depressing whenever Ben thought about his loss, and then frustrating as he went hot and cold toward Celeste. I admired Celeste for standing up for herself and for her baby even though it would have been easier to quickly accept Ben's declaration of love. I did find Ben's acceptance of Celeste's demand rather sudden.

One thing I do appreciate with this author's medical romances is how real the hospital sett
Dana Martin
Good wholesome reading........

Very well written. moves rapidly and enjoyable!! Very likeable characters that you can relate to. you will find yourself drawn into their lives and caring about what happens with them.
Amanda Chalifoux
Really good story about a woman who becomes pregnant.. The man wants nothing to do with her or baby she is carrying. Her family disowns her kind of because he is pregnant and she doesn't wanna tell them who the baby's father is or where he is. She moves to this place that isn't in the same county as her ex so she doesn't have to work in the same place as him.. She mets this nice dr. at her new job at this hospital she is a nurse is training. He is really nice to her and tells her to try to slow ...more
LaFleurBleue
Not great at all.
I liked the medical context and life of the emergency department. There were a few details that I could have done without in this field, but however it felt realistic and interesting.
Now that's about it. I did not like and did not believe in any of the two lead characters. Both have heavy baggage, but I never could care about it, not about their ability to have a happy ending. They just remained characters, very completely emotionless, which should not have been the case conside
Dawn
This was a very sweet, heartfelt story. There's plenty of sad points as well as those moments where ya wanna just scream at the characters while pulling your hair out. A great read.
Julie
This was a sweet story with ups and downs. A bit of a roller coaster, but I liked how it ended! I loved how the epilogue was a year or two after the story ended because it really gave a final "chapter" for the characters. Thumbs up :)
Tiffany
I thought this book was just ok. Totally predictable, but otherwise like all the other love stories I've read.
Jennifer Flynn
What a story!

I really enjoyed ready this story. It is truly amazing how a heart can heal. Anything is possible if you just let it happen.
Elisabeth
J'ai jamais vu un accouchement aussi express !!! La base de l'histoire est sympa, mais de gros raccourcis !
Liz
Well, it was free. Not a great book or even a great trashy romance, but it was serviceable.
  • Cowboy with a Cause (Cowboy Cafe #3)
  • In His Will (Heartsong Presents #718)
  • No One But You
  • The Wedding Dress Diaries (The Wedding Season, #0.5)
  • Light This Candle
  • The Daddy Pact  (The Coach's Boys #1)
  • Cowboy Dad (The State of Parenthood #3)
  • A Family Forever
  • Can't Let Go
  • The Other Side of Us
  • Steven   (Dallas Billionaires #1)
  • The New Deputy in Town (Whitehorse Montana, #2)
  • The Husband School (Willing to Wed #1)
  • Her Minnesota Man
  • One Night with You (Heart of the City, #1)
  • Bundle of Joy (Christmas Is For Kids #2) (Instant Families, #2)
  • Mistletoe Mischief (Romancing Wisconsin Series, #1)
  • Always Yesterday
Carol Marinelli was born in England to Scottish parents, then emigrated to Australia, where there are loads of Scottish and English people who did exactly the same, so she’s very at home there.

She lives in the outer suburbs of Melbourne—pretty much in her car, driving her three children to their various commitments.

Carol writes for the Harlequin Presents and Medical lines and she also writes conte
More about Carol Marinelli...
Emergency: Wife Lost and Found Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant The Desert King's Housekeeper Bride (The Royal House of Karedes #8) A Legacy of Secrets (Sicily's Corretti Dynasty, #1) Expecting His Love-Child (House of Kolovsky #1)

“I think we can manage a little more than that,’ he promised. His hand was creeping up her top now, her breast soft and warm beneath his fingers. This was so much more than a kiss as his fingers skilfully caressed her nipples.” 0 likes