Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)

Bought: The Greek's Baby (Harlequin Presents, #2895)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  627 ratings  ·  36 reviews

American beauty Eve Craig fell under the spell of powerful Talos Xenakis in a hot-blooded Athens encounter....
Three months later Eve has lost her innocence--and her memory
But she has aroused Talos's desire and his anger--she has betrayed him. So what better way to punish the woman who nearly ruined him, than marry--and destroy--her? Only she's now carrying his love child...more
Published February 1st 2010 by Harlequin Presents (first published December 18th 2009)

Lynsey A
Jacqueline
WTF??? I picked this up at the library and sucked it down in a couple of hours. Really liked it. Imagine my surprise to find that I had DNF'd this one a while ago. Here is my original review:

too much betrayal and revenge.

So... what's different? I must have been in the mood for it I guess. Big shrug here.

So my review this time around is:

I liked the amnesia bit here. I am a sucker for amnesia stories in general and this one was well done. I loved how she was so changed from her previous personalit...more
Booklover
This is an revenge story with second chance at love.Absolutely enjoyed each second of the book.Talos-Eve both are strong personalities and are bend on revenge on each other,Eve is plotting her revenge for 11 years and Talos for 3 months but cause of the Eve's accident which leads to amnesia and which brings out the real Eve who is warm caring loving selfless person,to the world she has presented that she is cold selfish shallow woman but Talos gets to know the real Eve and when it seems the happ...more
willaful
I'm sick to death of the "you're carrying my child, you must marry me!" romance trope, but adding in amnesia and revenge definitely makes it more fun. I also enjoyed the fact that, after starting with echoes of several other books, this one took a different and (to me) unexpected turn.
Lisa Kay
Greece
[image error]
★★★★☆ I’m not much for “revenge” plots, and not into too much angst. However, I love a good amnesia theme. This one held my attention through-out – maybe because I was in the mood for a little angst. That, and the Hero being an ass-hat more than once, but realizing the error of his ways quite a while before the end. Plus this one has a nice little twist. Ate it up in one day.
Amanda Sheila
How I love reading this type of story. Misunderstanding, marriage for revenge and pregnant heroine! Uuuugh! I. Just. Love it!

Talos's Greek billionaire who happen to be in love with Eve. But Eve has her own plan. She left Talos for some reason and after few months, she's back. Only with no memory after minor accident. Talos determined to have his revenge after she left him out of blue but after a while, love is on its way..

I like the angst, of course. And when Eve find out about what she did, I...more
OceMei Belikova♥
The book begins well and has a very interesting story behind it. It is more complicated than I thought. Both hero and heroine wanted revenge. Talos refused to call it revenge, instead he named it justice. He had spent great months with Eve before she ran away from him without leaving any sign that she would come back. Talos couldn't sleep and eat well since then. He plans to track her down. When he finally found Eve, he wants nothing but revenge justice. But then he finds out that Eve is pregnan...more
Paula Legate
It’s so hard to give a review on this book, without giving away the story. It was filled with twist and turns, romance and suspense. If you read it all, you will find a beautiful love story!

Sample from chapter 5
For the rest of the day, they explored the charms of Venice, from walking beneath the medieval overhangs of the Calle del Paradiso to sharing lunch on the wide outdoor terrace of the Hotel Cipriani. The fog thickened throughout the afternoon as the capricious autumn weather turned melanc...more
Sanya
It was just so... papercut story. It could've been better if the writer knew how to bring out some real emotion. I was so bored in the end.
Netha
Eve Craig terbangun di rumah sakit mendapati dirinya hamil & tidak tahu siapa dirinya sebenarnya.
kedatangan seorang pria tampan bernama Talos Xenakis yang mengenalkan diri sebagai kekasihnya serta ayah dari bayi dalam kandungannya juga tidak menimbulkan perasaan apa2 dalam diri Eve.
benarkah pria yang mengaku kekasihnya ini benar2 adalah kekasih & ayah bayinya?? lalu kenapa Eve tidak bisa mengingatnya sama sekali.
Sekarang Eve hanya bisa menyerahkan dirinya pada pria tersebut, mempercayai...more
Tracie
This was my first amnesia trope and it didn't scare me off of future books with the same theme.

At times the hero was really ugly towards the heroine. Once the backstory was revealed, his attitude was completely understandable. I liked in the end that all was not as it seemed and the heroine had a reason for her actions as well.

In the end this was a lovely story about forgiveness and 2nd chances. The heroine also has backbone in this story which was a refreshing change.
Beate
Like any Harlequin book, it's predictable. You have your Hero and Heroine, you have their troubles, and then they find back to each other for a happily ever after. :D

This wasn't your run of the mill Greek Tycoon story. It was more about the characters and their story, than about his incredible wealth.

A quick read, as always, and a sweet story.
Lady Jaye
One of a few (well, mebbe more than a few) harlequin presents that did not make me want to smack the hero or the heroine till kingdom come. Great hero, flawed but quickly works his way to redemption.
Cute heroine. you totally understand her motivations once you get the story of her past. cute, sappy ending.

I liked it a good deal.
Eve finds herself with no memory and pregnant to a man dark sexy billionaire how is very vague with answers to her questions. Both out for revenge against each other until a car accident and baby bring them together. This book has every heartbreak, lost, revenge, romance, passion, marriage and future promise. Really enjoyed it.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Kathryn
my only problem with this book was the way in which Eve's memories come back immediately after making love, it was too unrealistic.
Pravana
Oh!! So angsty. I still recollect the hero's mental dialogue with himself when he finds out (view spoiler)
Aswathy
its a nice book... the plot is good too... one of the best Harlequin romances I have read !!
Stephanie
Wow this was a different to the usual HP ones we read. It was good different though.
The book started right into the juice of it, so it caught me off guard. The beginning had a lot of hate from the Hero and a lot of confusion from the heroine. When the author cooks them up together - I was in for an all nighter. I really loved the amnesia plot too. What took me by surprise was the twist behind the revenge of the heroine. That got me up from bed.

However, I felt that the story was too short to fee...more
رومولا الن

Pingle McCloud
Jul 24, 2012 Pingle McCloud rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Diah
4,5 stars
this book is quiet good and a page turner.
I had read Jennie Lucas three or more of her books, I'm not sure and enjoy her writing.
I liked when the hero made sacrifice for the heroine it broke my heart :(
also felt sorry for Eve's loss and sacrifice to achieve her goal for revenge in the name of family.
Xondra Day
I didn't like the hero. He came across as borderline psychotic to me. The heroine was more likeable, but in the end I didn't buy the romance that developed between them. I couldn't see why the heroine would want this guy even with his looks and vast fortune.
Kim
when i saw the book i thought it might be boring but when i started to read the book I found it was amazing. Eva being without memories of her past and Talos trying to keep her from her past so that she wont leave him and he will lose his wife and child
Tia
I thought this book was okay but you didn't really find out anything until the end really. That's when it all unfolded and you were given the whole truth. Both the hero and heroine were wrong in what they did but overall a decent read.
sbf20112011
4.5 stars. I liked this one -- definitely got the sense that the hero was head over heels for her. I'm not used to the twist in this one -- (view spoiler) -- but it worked.
R
I did not like the heroine - she was cold and did not deserve the hero even though initially I did not like him but he improved and she got worse.
Tina
Both the h and the H were likable but I thought the story kinda repetitive and dull. Not a great read but it was far from being bad.
Bridie Coleman
Excellent - great story too and it sizzles as well - what more could you ask for?
Akyraa
well...i loved it...the suspense was nice...one of the few HP books i liked...
Prequel? 1 7 Mar 02, 2013 09:13PM
  • The Italian's Revenge (Modern Romance, #18)
  • The Greek's Christmas Baby (Kouros Brothers Duo, #2 & Greek Tycoons, #3)
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • Baby Of Shame
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • Bought: The Greek's Innocent Virgin
  • Reluctant Mistress, Blackmailed Wife
  • The Virgin's Secret (Harlequin Presents, #2932)
  • Untamed Italian, Blackmailed Innocent (Harlequin Presents, #2911)
  • Blackmailed Bride, Inexperienced Wife (Innocent Wives) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #83)
  • Strangers in the Desert
  • Billionaire Prince, Pregnant Mistress
Jennie Lucas had a tragic beginning for any would-be writer: a very happy childhood. Her parents owned a bookstore, and she grew up surrounded by books, dreaming about faraway lands. Her mother read aloud to her in French when she was little; when she was ten, her father secretly paid her a dollar for every classic novel (Jane Eyre, War and Peace) that she read. As a chubby teenager, Jennie covere...more
More about Jennie Lucas...
Virgin Mistress, Scandalous Love-Child (Harlequin Presents, #2831) To Love, Honor and Betray The Christmas Love-Child (Modern Romance, #906) The Greek Billionaire's Baby Revenge (Harlequin Presents, #2690) Sensible Housekeeper, Scandalously Pregnant (Presents Extra)