Start by marking “The Applause Of Heaven” as Want to Read:
The Applause Of Heaven

The Applause Of Heaven

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  1,832 ratings  ·  94 reviews

It is what you always dreamed but never expected. It's having God as your dad, your biggest fan, and your best friend. It is having the King of Kings in your cheering section. It is hearing the applause of heaven. Max Lucado believes that the Beatitudes provide what we need to discover the the joy of God. Much more than a how-to book on happiness. The Applause of Heaven is

Published February 29th 2000 by Thomas Nelson (first published October 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Applause Of Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Applause Of Heaven

Glscales
If you think you life is worthless and you deserve to see if you belong. Read this book, I so much have felt alone in this world through family failures, friends failures, but no where else have I learned that God loves me so much that the Angels applause when I arrise in the mornings. No matter the messed up hair, the yawning, the circumstance, the Angels themselves loves us through God and we matter in the scheme of things. I was a new christain when I read this book. It gave me a new prospect...more
Alice Julia
I cannot remember the last time I grabbed a book and finished it at a stretch, in few hours, on a single day. That’s because I’ve never stumbled on a book more gripping… more spellbinding… more realistic…

There’s something about Max Lucado’s style that is addictive! His words have a unique blend and taste that when put together is like a water flowing seamlessly and breathtakingly from a waterfall. He narrates stories from the Bible like he’d walked with them and talked with them, like they were...more
Kristi
This is amazing and I can reread the past two pages over and over again with tears in my eyes.
Whymsy Likes Books
You are a child of a King!

The inspiring writing – as always with Max Lucado – in this modern Christian classic is compelling and beautifully phrased. He utilizes amazing examples to highlight his message. Now, I have always thought of the Beatitudes as a list to check off – you know like, 70% or better is a passing grade, but Mr. Lucado shows that is actually a step-by-step progression to rebuild a believer’s heart. And honestly his way makes a lot more sense and is way more productive than my c...more
Estelle
I never really understood the meaning of the Be attitudes. Couldn't even tell you what they meant or how many but I did wonder about their meaning. Max Lucado has helped to clarify. I will do this without the help of the book and see if I get it right. Probably in a mixed order but that's OK.
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit. In the past I just gave it a passing thought that perhaps that meant the indigent. I find however that I am poor in spirit. but guess what? That's a good thing to realize t...more
Sheila
Ok, I am going to have to give this my 5-stars of love rating. Others might not like it, but for me it was a very lovely, special book. I had downloaded a free kindle version a long time ago, and as I read it I fell so in love with the book that I had to order myself a "real" copy for permanent keeping on my real book shelf.

This book is basically a discussion of the Beatitudes, Jesus' sermon on the mount, the "Blessed are those..." sermon. It is written in a beautiful, upbeat, lovely, peaceful...more
Bikewriter
Another terrific volume by Lucado, who writes with such lucidity and simplicity. This book reached me at a low time in my life and served as a great pick-up. Lucado has a keen way of finding us in our vulnerable places and using those places to encourage, rather than berate, us. For example, his description of Robert Reed:

"I have everything I need for joy!" Robert Reed said.
"Amazing!" I thought.
His hands are twisted and his feet are useless. He can't bathe himself. He can't feed himself. He c...more
Kat Valdez
Sacred delight is good news coming through the back door of your heart. It's what you'd always dreamed but never expected. It's the too-good-to-be-true coming true. It's having God as your pinch-hitter, your lawyer, your dad, your biggest fan, and your best friend. God on your side, in your heart, out in front, and protecting your back. It's hope where you least expected it: a flower in life's sidewalk.
Deborah
This book was written in true Max Lucado fashion. Anecdotes of real life mixed with the story of the Sermon on the Mount. I can't wait for God's applause when I get to heaven. Follows are a paragraph and a quote that stirred my soul.

"An ordinary night with ordinary sheep and ordinary shepherds. And were it not for a God who loves to hook "extra" on the front of the ordinary, the night would have gone unnoticed. The sheep would have been forgotten, and the shepherds would have slept the night awa...more
Kelly Derse
This book taught me that I really need to trust God, which most of the time is very hard for me.

"God is wanting us to to trust in the good times and the bad. For if we don't trust when times are tough, we don't trust at all.

Such a powerful read!!
Donna
What a wonderful book! "The Applause of Heaven" looks at the Beatitudes and brings them to life with stories and lessons for everyone. Two of my favorite passages are:
pg. 51 "But when you mourn, when you get to the point of sorrow for your sins, when you admit that you have no other option but to cast all your cares on Him, and when there is truly no other name that you can call, then cast all your cares on Him, for He is waiting in the midst of the storm."
pg. 66 "And it is when we are out of op...more
Maureen Mcgrath
Reread this book this weekend. Loved just as much the second time as I did the first. Max Lucado has a way of writing that captures so much meaning in just a few words. He gave me a whole new perspective and understanding of the Beatitudes.
Kevin Clouse
Another good one by Max. It seemed to start off a little slow to me, but the content is solid and encouraging. Full of great illustrations and stories.
Judy Short
Great book- I love Max Lucado. His interpretation of the beatitudes was great. Really puts it in plain language and with the study questions one can get a real picture of what Jesus was trying to preach through these scriptures.
Lee Whitney
Lucado is such a writer..I never tire of his always new perspective on the Lord Same message but for everyone else different meanings. WE as Christians reach more this way of biblical porportions.
Thanks for reminding me of the applause I yearn to hear from my Christ!!
Lacedric Williams
Another one of the great books from Max Lucado. I suggest you read this book it is a wonderful worship experience.
Miranda
Not bad, a good quick read.
James Kim
I first read this book in college. loved it then, still love it now. what's there not to love about the grace and the love of God written in beautiful prose. The Beatitudes comes alive through Lucado's masterful writing.
Faith
Enjoyed it - I had actually just studied the beatitudes at my church bible study before reading, not knowing that he goes through them one by one in each chapter. Uses other interesting facts as well to help illustrate his message. Good end bibliography.
Jessica
Jan 06, 2012 Jessica marked it as started-not-finished  ·  review of another edition
I've tried to read a Lucado book before because I assume he's wildly popular for a good reason, but I just wasn't that into his writing style, although I don't know how I would describe it. But this book was free on the Nook website, so if I don't like it, I didn't spend any money on it. But I really want to like it, so I'm going to give the book the fair chance it deserves.
kingfisher
I don't know what took me so long to read something by Max Lucado. I think my son and aspiring author would enjoy this author's ability to bring a story to life and paint such beautiful word pictures. Max beautifully brings to life the Word of God and uses ordinary and extraordinary illustrations to relate it these ancient words of wisdom to our lives today. What a gift!
Julie
Loved this book. Its a very simple look at the Beatitudes,The Applause of Heaven was written in 1990 and was one of the first books Max Lucado wrote. The 200 pages is divided into 18 chapters focused on the Beatitudes found in Matthew 5. Each chapter starts with a picture representing in some way the theme or message of the chapter.
chris davis
Great read!

Max Lucado puts a pen in the grip of his heart when writing this. A beautiful picture of Jesus love.
J. Ewbank
This is a good book by Lucado. Uses his family and experiences to show the Christian faith anld how it works. Was not sure if I would like this type of book because I normally read theology rather than stories, but it was a book well worth reading.
J. Robert Ewbank author "John Wesley, Natural Man, and the 'Isms'"
Dan Archer
I really enjoyed looking through the beatitudes and deciphering what Christ meant by each. They have been a passage that has always been hard for me to grasp, but this book has really encouraged me to remind myself of the patterns that Christ calls us to, and how they affect my life today.
Annie Bailey
Easily one of the best books I've ever read. Max Lucado pulls no puches telling about Beattitudes and what God does for us and what we should be doing to enter the kingdom of heaven. A very well written book and one I could easily read many times over.
Samuel
Feb 01, 2008 Samuel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lucado Fans. People looking for an easy way to start a devotional life.
Lucado always does a good job of giving you stuff that's easy to read and makes you feel like you're getting somewhere. If you take what's being written to heart, it can also be challenging and motivational to growing closer with your creator.
John
This book is an easy-to-digest study of the "be attitudes" in Matthew 5. Some of the parallels he made really hit home for me, and made these well known scripture speak to me in a whole new way. Brilliant writing. Transformation message!
This is not Max Lucado's best book I didn't think but still a good read. Based on the beatitudes with 2 chapters dedicated to each beatitude it is a thought provoking read filled with typical Max Lucado stories and pearls of wisdom
  • Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk
  • The Bait Of Satan: Living Free from the Deadly Trap of Offense
  • In Christ Alone: Living the Gospel Centered Life
  • The Millennials: Connecting to America's Largest Generation
  • Indescribable: Encountering the Glory of God in the Beauty of the Universe
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • Handle with Prayer: Unwrap the Source of God's Strength for Living
  • When I Lay My Isaac Down: Unshakable Faith in Unthinkable Circumstances
  • From the Garden to the City: The Redeeming and Corrupting Power of Technology
  • The Good Life
Max Lucado has touched millions with his signature storytelling writing style. Awards and accolades follow Max with each book he writes. Max is the first author to win the Gold Medallion Christian Book of the Year three times—1999 for Just Like Jesus, 1997 for In the Grip of Grace and 1995 for When God Whispers Your Name. In 2005, Reader’s Digest dubbed him “America’s Best Preacher.” In addition,...more
More about Max Lucado...
You Are Special He Chose the Nails Facing Your Giants In the Grip of Grace: You Can't Fall Beyond His Love Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear