Start by marking “Weird but True! 2: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #2)” as Want to Read:
Weird but True! 2: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #2)

Weird but True! 2: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True #2)

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  357 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Did you know that a great white shark can weigh as much as 15 gorillas? That meteorites the size of basketballs land on Earth about once a month? Kids will devour more than 300 wacky facts in Weird but True! 2—the second installment in a lively new spin-off series from the award-winning National Geographic Kids magazine.
National Geographic Kids is the nation’s largest maga
Published July 27th 2010 by National Geographic Children's Books

To ask other readers questions about Weird but True! 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Weird but True! 2

Bone, Vol. 1 by Jeff SmithBone, Vol. 2 by Jeff SmithBone, Vol. 3 by Jeff SmithBone, Vol. 4 by Jeff SmithBone, Vol. 5 by Jeff Smith
Best Books For Boys
26th out of 59 books — 2 voters
What If You Had Animal Teeth!? by Sandra MarkleNational Geographic Kids Myths Busted! by Emily KriegerWeird but True! 2 by National Geographic KidsWeird but True! 3 by National Geographic KidsWeird but True! 4 by National Geographic Kids
Reluctant Readers - Non-Fiction
3rd out of 8 books — 1 voter

More lists with this book...

Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading*
This may be marketed for kids, but I didn't know most of this stuff either.

Such as this giant pizza some guys made (for what reason? fame? party?) in a supermarket in South Africa of all places. I googled it and the picture is impressive. But the book makes it more simple than it needs to be, saying "A supermarket in South Africa created a pizza that was 122 feet, 8 inches across and weighed as much as two male African elephants." That's all good and such, but why not list the actual weight of t
Renee
Apr 09, 2011 Renee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: 1st-5th
Turtles lived on the earth before dinosaurs did. Did you know that? I didn’t. This small book is packed with little known facts. Most involve animals such as this fact: only female bees sting. Others involve word origins and inanimate objects like: a space suit costs 10 million dollars. Children should enjoy learning about these interesting tidbits (and might even teach their parents a new thing or two). However, the paperback edition won’t stand up to repeated circulation. Includes an index.
Lisa Lou
Wow, so many random things I didn't know! Some were very interesting others just gave me the creepy crawlies!
wjkb
Another really good weird but true book!!!
Liam
Mar 04, 2015 Liam added it
good
Vandy
Feb 14, 2010 Vandy added it
Shelves: boys, non-fic
a mountain climber carried the olympic torch on top of mt.everest.
a church in czech rep. has a chandelier made of human bones.
if about 33 million people eld hands they could make a circle around the equator.
a 100 year old chocolate bar sold for nearly $700.
no one knows the color of dinosaurs.

Isaac L.
The book is full of zany facts. Di you know that Toe wrestling is a sport? Did you know that Earth is the only planet not named after a roman god. These facts and more in weird but true 2!
Jessi
This book is like a coffee-table, gift-book type item for kids. Each page has gorgeous pictures and interesting text placement - a perfect work of art. It's a book that, for some reason, has me thinking about my ADD and ADHD students. I typically encourage students to borrow from my classroom library after finishing an assignment early, and the attention span of some of my students is quite short.

I envision these short, little snippets as being a favorite haunt of the book-browser (aka a kid who
Kaethe
Natasha bought books on our after-Christmas shopping trip. At her request, I read this aloud to her while she got snarlies out of her hair.

Fun stuff. We both enjoyed it.
Vidushi
Amazing facts and many information. A MSUT READ for younger kids...
Jasmine Duong
A book with Weird and Cool facts. Lol. I loved it. Art was adorable.
Kumiko Mae LovingSunshine
this made me sooooo happy! i love trivias soooo much!
Spirit
Sooooooooooooo many facts that I did not know!
Katrina Young
i think that it was pretty funny!
Alistair Kessel
Because there's so much facts.
Lara Ivey
This non-fiction book does what a good non-fiction book should do. It engages the reader and has them wanting more and more! It's the cool facts that will have you "ooooohhhing" and "aaaahhhhing" during each turn of the page.
"Most squid have three hearts."
"Fish can't close their eyes."
"Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated."

This would be a great addition to any study on animals or just plain ol' good facts.
Hope Mullinax
From the National Geographic Society, this is second of a series of books containing weird and quirky facts. It is an easy read for the reluctant reader. Kids love the unusual and quick information found within each page and are eager to recite the information in later conversations.
Aloysius Adhi
Buku untuk anak-anak tapi sangat menarik buat orang dewasa sebetulnya. Kalo anak kecil dikasih pengetahuan seperti ini, takutnya akan kebingungan dengan fakta sehari-hari. Tapi seru banget buku nya...banyak gambar dan warna warni!
Hadi Wijaya
Just realized that I have read this book but not yet publish it in Goodreads. So I will publish it now. The book contain very interesting facts that you never imagine it's true... but either you believer or not it is true... :D
Asmaa mousa
An awesome book, it's not only for kids!
I'm in love with it!
the way they wrote the information in this book & the designs are just awesome.
tons of cute ways to show you the facts!

Anna Mooradian
I thought this book was really really funny and cool and I learned some new things.
In the book, it said that you cannot sneeze with your eyes open. That's really cool!
Spencer 11-12
Reasons I liked this book...

Reason 1.It was an easy short read.

Reason 2.It had a lot of cool facts.

Reason 3.It made me laugh a couple of times.
Donabilla
Did u know that jellyfish sting even when did?
A funny,light ,with really really good photos ( national geographic) book
Kids will just <3 it
I did!
Alexsia Gillstrom
Weird but True! 2: 300 Outrageous Facts is very interesting since it as a lot of facts. Facts I did not know was even imaginable much less possible.
Panda Bear
I think this was a sort of interesting book. I wish it gave more information on each page. It was sort of a book for younger kids.
Rohan
Awesome!!! This is a very interesting book. It is full of facts and has a lot of knowledge. I recommend this book for ages 9 and up.
Muhammad
I love this book because it shows wacky facts that are true to wow the reader.... And that's how it wowed me :o
Carly Grennan
cool beans! I loved all the very outstanding facts about... Well everything definitely
Add this to your collection!!
Kylee Paulson
Wierd But True 2 is a truly great book. I enjoy all the facts in this great book,I recommend it to all.
Ariana
it was funny and interesting. i didnt know more than 5 things in that book.
  • Hungry, Hungry Sharks!
  • What Makes Day and Night
  • What Is the World Made Of?: All About Solids, Liquids, and Gases
  • Apples to Oregon: Being the (Slightly) True Narrative of How a Brave Pioneer Father Brought Apples, Peaches, Pears, Plums, Grapes, and Cherries (and Children) Across the Plains
  • Dolphins And Sharks (Magic Tree House Research Guide, #9)
  • Dinosaur Days
  • The Cat in the Hat's Learning Library: Inside Your Outside: All About the Human Body (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library)
  • Surprising Sharks (Boston Globe-Horn Book Honors (Awards))
  • Poetry Speaks to Children (Book & CD) (A Poetry Speaks Experience)
  • The book report from the Black Lagoon
  • Biology: Life as We Know It!
  • The Skeleton Inside You
  • Life-Size Zoo: From Tiny Rodents to Gigantic Elephants, An Actual Size Animal Encyclopedia
  • Lincoln Tells a Joke: How Laughter Saved the President (and the Country)
  • Oh, Yuck!: The Encyclopedia of Everything Nasty
  • Wombat Walkabout
  • 100 Most Dangerous Things On The Planet
  • Becoming Babe Ruth
With more than 600 titles—including the popular Weird But True franchise and the New York Times Best Selling National Geographic Kids Almanac—National Geographic Kids Books is the recognized leader in nonfiction for kids. Published in 28 languages, NGK Books reaches approximately 85 million kids every year.

Offering K-12 educators resources that align to and support the Common Core State Standards,
More about National Geographic Kids...

Weird But True (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #1)
  • Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #3)
  • Weird but True! 4: 300 Outrageous Facts
  • Weird but True! 5: 300 Outrageous Facts
  • National Geographic Kids Weird but True! 6: 300 Outrageous Facts
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird but True: 1,000 Wild & Wacky Facts and Photos
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird But True 2: 1,000 Wild & Wacky Facts & Photos!
  • National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird but True 3: 1,000 Wild and Wacky Facts and Photos!
  • National Geographic Kids Weird but True!: Ripped from the Headlines 2: Real-life Stories You Have to Read to Believe
  • Ye Olde Weird but True: 300 Outrageous Facts from History
Weird But True: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #1) Weird but True! 3: 300 Outrageous Facts (Weird But True, #3) Weird but True! 4: 300 Outrageous Facts National Geographic Kids Ultimate Weird but True: 1,000 Wild & Wacky Facts and Photos National Geographic Kids Almanac 2013