Start by marking “Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple: The Essential How-to Guide to Symptoms, Dosage, Timing, and More” as Want to Read:

The authors of the classice books on menopause andpremenopause bring women an easy-to-use guide on balancing hormonelevels safely and naturally
Published December 14th 2008 by Grand Central Life & Style (first published August 23rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dr. John Lee's Hormone Balance Made Simple

Melissa
Sep 04, 2014 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my god, what a lifesaver. I've read many books on naturally balancing hormones, all of which helped me pinpoint which hormones were in excess/deficient, but the advice for treating the imbalances were changing diet and lifestyle. Now, I FULLY believe that changing diet and lifestyle are crucial, but even after making those changes, I still wasn't achieving hormone balance, and this book has given me vital information to understand why, and more important, a simple action plan that I can start ...more
Anja
Oct 11, 2015 Anja rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finally a book on how to balance hormone levels naturally. I have great respect for Dr. Lee. He spells it out for women in a way that is easy to understand. It seems that a lit of doctors don't know enough about the subject and just disregard hormone levels. This book explains how to notice imbalances and how to treat them. Highly recommend to anybody who thinks they might suffer from an imbalance.
skhart1964gmail.com
Excellent and very informative

My girlfriend recommended I read Dr. Lee's books. I started with this one and found it very informative. Planning to start next one today. A MUST READ for any woman experiencing menopausal symptoms and especially if her current Dr is clueless.
Monica
Mar 21, 2015 Monica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Dr John Lee was ahead of his time when the said decades ago that synthetic hormones in conventional HRT cause breast cancer and stroke in women. He advocated bioidentical hormones esp progesterone and many women have benefitted.

A good read from a courageous and wise man.
Diane Patterson
May 22, 2016 Diane Patterson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice write up of the various hormones we have to keep track of as we get older. Spoiler: aging sucks, but I guess it's better than the alternative.
Liza
Mar 17, 2015 Liza rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a quick, informative read that not only gives the nuts and bolts about hormone balance, but also all-around healthy living.
Yasmin Shiraz
May 13, 2014 Yasmin Shiraz rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learned a lot... I think all women should learn about their hormones. This book helps to give you good info on staying in balance.
Lisa
Mar 22, 2010 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As someone just beginning to navigate the mysterious world of hormone replacement, I am very grateful to have the information in this book. The basics of how hormones work in the body were clearly explained, and I learned quite a bit that my own doctor--who believes in and uses bioidentical hormones herself--did not fully explain to me. I feel like I will be much better informed and able to make intelligent decisions as a result.
Debbie Wells
Mar 05, 2007 Debbie Wells rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any woman, between 15 and 99
This is my favorite of all of Dr. John Lee's books. I have a copy in my car and one in my office as well. So neccesary for separating the wheat from the chaff, when it comes to learn what you need to know about estrogen dominance!
Denise Messenger
Jul 02, 2012 Denise Messenger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book in a series by Dr. Lee. Practical information for any women going through menopause or premenopause.
Neeter L
Mar 03, 2007 Neeter L rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Highly
This book is an over view of Dr. John Lee's other books, but is an easy read and references back to his other books.
Lindsey
Mar 11, 2013 Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This really is a simple and concise look at balancing hormones. Quick to read and I learned so much.
Nathalie Melvin
Jan 12, 2013 Nathalie Melvin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So glad this book was recommended to me!
Kimberly
Apr 07, 2013 Kimberly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Desk reference in my den. Most helpful.
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2016
Tina Milledge
Tina Milledge is currently reading it
Sep 29, 2016
Christopher D. Ingle
Christopher D. Ingle marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2016
Brenna
Brenna rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Joyce
Joyce rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
Tin Zaw
Tin Zaw marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2016
Geenie Yourshaw
Geenie Yourshaw is currently reading it
Aug 28, 2016
RUBEN VILLALPANDO
RUBEN VILLALPANDO marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Lisa Williams
Lisa Williams marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2016
Brad Boone
Brad Boone rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Alisa
Alisa rated it it was amazing
Aug 12, 2016
Trish
Trish rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Veronica
Veronica marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2016
Meha Sreeram
Meha Sreeram marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Feeling Fat, Fuzzy or Frazzled?: A 3-Step Program to: Beat Hormone Havoc, Restore Thyroid, Adrenal, and Reproductive Balance, and Feel Better Fast!
  • Herbal Antibiotics: Natural Alternatives for Treating Drug Resistant Bacteria (Storey Medicinal Herb Guide)
  • Your Cat: Simple New Secrets to a Longer, Stronger Life
  • The Hormone Cure: Reclaim Balance, Sleep, Sex Drive and Vitality Naturally with the Gottfried Protocol
  • Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing
  • The Multi-Orgasmic Couple: Sexual Secrets Every Couple Should Know
  • Ageless: The Naked Truth About Bioidentical Hormones
  • Joyous Health: Eat And Live Well Without Dieting
  • Acupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments
  • Thrive Energy Cookbook: 150 Plant-Based Whole Food Recipes
  • This Is Why You're Sick and Tired: (And How to Look and Feel Amazing)
  • Ancient Secrets of the Fountain of Youth
  • The Healing Code: 6 Minutes to Heal the Source of Your Health, Success, or Relationship Issue
  • Sacred Fire My Journey Into Ashtanga Yoga
  • The Forbidden Religion
  • Tantric Orgasm for Women
  • Dr. Lancer's Anti-Aging Method: The Breakthrough 3-Step Program for Younger Looking Skin
  • Anticlimax: A Feminist Perspective on the Sexual Revolution