Start by marking “Street Boners: 1,764 Hipster Fashion Jokes” as Want to Read:
Street Boners: 1,764 Hipster Fashion Jokes

Street Boners: 1,764 Hipster Fashion Jokes

Fifteen years after founding Vice, Gavin McInnes has poured his creative juices into a new endeavor: StreetCarnage.com. Growing in size and influence at an alarming rate, the site's main feature is the new and improved version of Gavin's "DOs and DON'Ts," now tantalizingly called Street Boners.

These Boners have been polished and compounded into a book that takes the best
Published May 27th 2010 by Grand Central Publishing (first published May 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Street Boners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Street Boners

Zengfer
Mar 15, 2011 Zengfer rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comedy
PEOPLE WHO LEAD SHELTERED, CIVILIZED LIVES...
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.

Otherwise its hilarious. I mean who couldn't like a book about hipsters? Its all photos, but they have hysterically funny captions that are rated in kittens (how awesome is that?!!).
Shel
I will freely admit that there are a lot of people out there who will find this book absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately for me, I am not one of them. I registered for the FirstReads giveaway thinking that it was going to be a mildly snarky fashion do's/don'ts kind of book. This isn't mild snark. It's obnoxious, sometimes offensive (IMHO), commentary on pictures that aren't even all that funny.

Clearly I was not familiar with Gavin McInnes, or I wouldn't have bothered entering the giveaway. I'd
All I did was skim this book, but that was more than enough. If I had paid more attention to the beginning of the title I would not have even put in for this book on the giveaway page, but all I saw was "hipster fashion jokes" and I assumed it would be appropriate. The introduction was the first clue to the foul content with its excessive use of the f-word and graphic picture of the author.

The rest of the book was filled with low-quality pictures that supposedly had witty hipster fashion jokes,
Mary (BookHounds)

This book was such a hit with my son and all of his friends. They are all in their early twenties, but I enjoyed it just as much. I now regularly visit the author's site for daily updates--there are actually some great posts there as well. Since the religion in this household is pretty much sarcasm, it is making a great addition to my son's bathroom humor collection. It is not a book to be taken seriously, so relax and page through this one.
Jennifer Defoy
Jun 26, 2010 Jennifer Defoy rated it really liked it
This was very entertaining. My favorite part of gossip magazines is the fashion sections where we get to see the starts hits and misses. What could be better than a whole book about fashion hits and misses? Not much in my opinion.

There were a few pictures that were just gross, but for the most part it was pretty tasteful. And if you're familiar with Vice Magazine, you're probably expecting that anyway.

There were so many pictures in here that I had to dogear to show other people because I just
William Herschel
Apr 30, 2010 William Herschel rated it it was ok
Let me type for you part of the blurb on the back:

When cartoonist Robert Crumb sees a stylish woman walk by, he gets so horny it ruins his whole day...

"I would kill myself just to get this girl's attention," he says of a particularly exquisite creature, but when an arrogant metrosexual appears, we're told, "My eyeball's just barped."

If you think pictures that are at most borderline-humorous with captions that could have been pasted from the internet are a good idea for a book this is for you. O
Amar Pai
Aug 16, 2010 Amar Pai rated it really liked it
Funny... Gavin McInnes was always the brains/wit behind Vice Mag's Do's and Don'ts. As soon as he left that column become intolerably dull. But luckily his hilarious fashion critiques live on in the form of 'Street Boners'.

This book is satisfyingly dense and perfect for flipping through at the beach. A really fun read, even though some of his pronouncements are insane and his ideas on what constitutes 'sexy' are frankly bizarre. (Black socks on women = super hot? Really?)
Robert
Jul 14, 2010 Robert rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Fashion hipster sycophants
Shelves: art, won
If I had not won this book in a sweepstakes, I would never have bothered with it. If you are a fashion hipster sycophant, you might be entertained. If, however, you are a normal, well adjusted human being, then don't bother with it.

A complete waste of resources and money to produce...and waste of time to read.
Freda Mans-Labianca
May 15, 2010 Freda Mans-Labianca rated it did not like it
I liked this book, but really it is one of those books that I thought would be better. It's mostly a collection of fashion faux-pas in photos. With clever sentences added too. Really there isn't much else to it, no story or content.
I appreciate the photos, but can't recommend for that alone.
Vika
Apr 02, 2010 Vika rated it it was amazing
I got this book for free through Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

The best coffee table book ever!
Kendall Marshe
May 12, 2010 Kendall Marshe rated it really liked it
The pictures were entertaining, but the captions just didn't grab my attention. I thought this was going to be hilarious...but I found it mostly boring.
Brandon Bellinghausen
Mar 23, 2016 Brandon Bellinghausen rated it it was ok
Crass, dirty, funny fashion jokes. Some fashion advice. That's all.
John
Jun 25, 2010 John rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own
Good pictures, some funny blurbs.

I think I preferred the dos & don'ts book he did cos it was more black and white. This "kitten rating" is a bit of a cop out.
Ashley
Ashley rated it did not like it
Jan 21, 2013
Jeff
Jeff rated it did not like it
May 20, 2012
Chris Connolly
Chris Connolly rated it it was ok
Mar 02, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it did not like it
Oct 27, 2016
Rob
Rob rated it it was amazing
Jun 14, 2010
Gina
Gina rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2010
Scot
Scot rated it it was ok
Jan 13, 2014
Flyingwolfco
Flyingwolfco rated it really liked it
Jan 13, 2013
Laura rated it did not like it
Nov 11, 2010
Emma
Emma rated it did not like it
May 04, 2014
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Kyle Bowen
Kyle Bowen rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2010
John
John rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2013
Erin
Erin rated it really liked it
May 30, 2010
Bryce Hack
Bryce Hack rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Vice Dos and Don'ts: 10 Years of VICE Magazine's Street Fashion Critiques
  • How Clarissa Burden Learned to Fly
  • Sexaholics
  • Babushka's Beauty Secrets: Old World Tips for a Glamorous New You
  • Still the One
  • Tempted by Fate (The Guardians of Destiny, #3)
  • Brooklyn Story
  • Tracy Anderson's 30-Day Method: The Weight-Loss Kick-Start that Makes Perfection Possible
  • How to Never Look Fat Again: Over 1,000 Ways to Dress Thinner--Without Dieting!
  • Wrong: Why Experts Keep Failing Us and How to Know When Not to Trust Them
  • The Happy Home for Broken Hearts
  • Last to Die (Sheridan, #2)
  • Skinema
  • Famous Drownings in Literary History: Essays on 21st-Century Jewishness
  • What to Wear for the Rest of Your Life: Ageless Secrets of Style
  • Vanishing Act
  • Dog House: A Love Story
  • 20th Century Fashion: 100 Years of Style by Decade and Designer, in Association with Vogue.