Start by marking “Street Boners: 1,764 Hipster Fashion Jokes” as Want to Read:
Street Boners: 1,764 Hipster Fashion Jokes
Preview

Street Boners: 1,764 Hipster Fashion Jokes

3.24 of 5 stars 3.24  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Fifteen years after founding Vice, Gavin McInnes has poured his creative juices into a new endeavor: StreetCarnage.com. Growing in size and influence at an alarming rate, the site's main feature is the new and improved version of Gavin's "DOs and DON'Ts," now tantalizingly called Street Boners.

These Boners have been polished and compounded into a book that takes the best
Published May 27th 2010 by Grand Central Publishing (first published May 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Street Boners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Street Boners

Zengfer
PEOPLE WHO LEAD SHELTERED, CIVILIZED LIVES...
DO NOT READ THIS BOOK.

Otherwise its hilarious. I mean who couldn't like a book about hipsters? Its all photos, but they have hysterically funny captions that are rated in kittens (how awesome is that?!!).
Shel
I will freely admit that there are a lot of people out there who will find this book absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately for me, I am not one of them. I registered for the FirstReads giveaway thinking that it was going to be a mildly snarky fashion do's/don'ts kind of book. This isn't mild snark. It's obnoxious, sometimes offensive (IMHO), commentary on pictures that aren't even all that funny.

Clearly I was not familiar with Gavin McInnes, or I wouldn't have bothered entering the giveaway. I'd
Snorkle
All I did was skim this book, but that was more than enough. If I had paid more attention to the beginning of the title I would not have even put in for this book on the giveaway page, but all I saw was "hipster fashion jokes" and I assumed it would be appropriate. The introduction was the first clue to the foul content with its excessive use of the f-word and graphic picture of the author.

The rest of the book was filled with low-quality pictures that supposedly had witty hipster fashion jokes,
Mary (BookHounds)

This book was such a hit with my son and all of his friends. They are all in their early twenties, but I enjoyed it just as much. I now regularly visit the author's site for daily updates--there are actually some great posts there as well. Since the religion in this household is pretty much sarcasm, it is making a great addition to my son's bathroom humor collection. It is not a book to be taken seriously, so relax and page through this one.
Jennifer Defoy
This was very entertaining. My favorite part of gossip magazines is the fashion sections where we get to see the starts hits and misses. What could be better than a whole book about fashion hits and misses? Not much in my opinion.

There were a few pictures that were just gross, but for the most part it was pretty tasteful. And if you're familiar with Vice Magazine, you're probably expecting that anyway.

There were so many pictures in here that I had to dogear to show other people because I just
William Herschel
Let me type for you part of the blurb on the back:

When cartoonist Robert Crumb sees a stylish woman walk by, he gets so horny it ruins his whole day...

"I would kill myself just to get this girl's attention," he says of a particularly exquisite creature, but when an arrogant metrosexual appears, we're told, "My eyeball's just barped."

If you think pictures that are at most borderline-humorous with captions that could have been pasted from the internet are a good idea for a book this is for you. O
Amar Pai
Funny... Gavin McInnes was always the brains/wit behind Vice Mag's Do's and Don'ts. As soon as he left that column become intolerably dull. But luckily his hilarious fashion critiques live on in the form of 'Street Boners'.

This book is satisfyingly dense and perfect for flipping through at the beach. A really fun read, even though some of his pronouncements are insane and his ideas on what constitutes 'sexy' are frankly bizarre. (Black socks on women = super hot? Really?)
Robert
Jul 14, 2010 Robert rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fashion hipster sycophants
Shelves: art, won
If I had not won this book in a sweepstakes, I would never have bothered with it. If you are a fashion hipster sycophant, you might be entertained. If, however, you are a normal, well adjusted human being, then don't bother with it.

A complete waste of resources and money to produce...and waste of time to read.
Freda mans
I liked this book, but really it is one of those books that I thought would be better. It's mostly a collection of fashion faux-pas in photos. With clever sentences added too. Really there isn't much else to it, no story or content.
I appreciate the photos, but can't recommend for that alone.
John
Jun 25, 2010 John rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: i-own
Good pictures, some funny blurbs.

I think I preferred the dos & don'ts book he did cos it was more black and white. This "kitten rating" is a bit of a cop out.
Kendall Marshe
The pictures were entertaining, but the captions just didn't grab my attention. I thought this was going to be hilarious...but I found it mostly boring.
Vika
I got this book for free through Goodreads First Reads giveaway.

The best coffee table book ever!
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2015
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Chelle181
Chelle181 marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Raphael Hunt
Raphael Hunt marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Will Hailey
Will Hailey marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
treus
treus marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
John  L
John L added it
Sep 18, 2014
Blair Greene
Blair Greene marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Ivana
Ivana marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
How to Piss in Public: From Teenage Rebellion to the Hangover of Adulthood The Death of Cool: From Teenage Rebellion to the Hangover of Adulthood Vice Dos and Don'ts: 10 Years of VICE Magazine's Street Fashion Critiques Completely Pip and Norton: Volume One The Vice Guide to Sex and Drugs and Rock and Roll