Start by marking “Blameless (Parasol Protectorate, #3)” as Want to Read:
Blameless (Parasol Protectorate, #3)

Blameless (Parasol Protectorate #3)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  28,076 Ratings  ·  2,351 Reviews
Quitting her husband's house and moving back in with her horrible family, Lady Maccon becomes the scandal of the London season.

Queen Victoria dismisses her from the Shadow Council, and the only person who can explain anything, Lord Akeldama, unexpectedly leaves town. To top it all off, Alexia is attacked by homicidal mechanical ladybugs, indicating, as only ladybugs can, t
Mass Market Paperback, 355 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Orbit

To ask other readers questions about Blameless, please sign up.

Danae
Aug 25, 2015 Danae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This series is freaking fantastic. How do you do it, Gail Carriger? You're able to grip me from the first sentence and never let me know go. I applaud you.

This installment would have easily gotten five stars from me if not for the ending. (view spoiler)
Mistress   ~ ♠ Mistral's Kiss ♠ ~ (Mist)
Souless was down right magical. Changeless had it moments but was all over the place. I probably would've have never finished it if a pal hadn't told me a spoiler connected to bk 3; that compelled me to push through so I could read Blameless. Blameless was slightly less irksome than Changeless, but still had whole sections where I had to force myself not to skim.

I'm not a big fan when slews of new characters are introduced, or too much focus on introduced side characters that don't significantly
Katie(babs)
Aug 24, 2010 Katie(babs) rated it liked it
JAIME
Sep 23, 2015 JAIME rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2015, vampires
Huge as F cliffhanger at the end of book 2, so come at me, book 3

(view spoiler)
Ashley
This series continues to be witty, fluffy fun. It’s really difficult not to just read one of these books in one sitting. They go down like ice cream on a hot day.

With the exception of this one thing that I’ll get to later, there really isn’t much to say about this book. Carriger’s writing continues to be witty and fun, and sly in all the best ways. Her sense of humor is definitely in line with mine. Her characters are flawed and lovable. Her sense of atmosphere is impeccable.

Basically, if you li
Lightreads
Jul 12, 2011 Lightreads rated it liked it
The Indecisive Cheese Theory of series fiction

See, it’s like when you’re handed a new kind of cheese, right? And you take a nibble and you think, “huh! Cheese! Yeah, okay. Kinda creamy, a little light, nice steampunk flavor as it finishes. I like it!”

So you take a bigger bite, and you think, “well, but hang on, there was something a bit funny going on with the aftertaste. And that sex scene was just absurd. I don’t like that . . . I think?”

But you’re not sure, so you take another bite, because a
The Flooze
David Edmonds
Sep 19, 2010 David Edmonds rated it it was amazing
Gail Carriger, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways: La Diva Tarabotti. Lord Akeldama. Pesto. Formaldehyde. Templars. Biffy. Floote. Lord Maccon. "Parassault." Killer ladybugs. Vampires. Werewolves. Seriously, I could just go on and on and on about how I love Gail Carriger. And what do all of these tidbits (and more!) add up to? The latest, delicious volume in the Parasol Protectorate series.

Spoilers Ahead!

Blameless, the latest offering from Gail Carriger in her Parasol Protectorate series,
valee
Mar 08, 2010 valee rated it it was ok
Shelves: urban-fantasy
This book was just TERRIBLE! Definitely the worst I have read in quite a while. I'm only giving 2 stars to it because I still love the characters and the sense of humor the author has, but seriously this book was so not worth it. Since page 1 to the last one I was praying for it to end faster. It took me forever to finish it and only because I just could not stand any of the pages in it.

First of all, there is NOT any romance in this installment. The previous ones had not much as well but this on
Donna
Mar 25, 2010 Donna rated it it was ok
Faced with private heartbreak and public scandal, Alexia loses her strongest protection just as she needs it the most. She leaves for Italy, hoping to avoid dangerous enemies and learn more about her preternatural state. Alexia's search might get her some answers, but it also leads to a new danger.

I enjoyed the travel and adventure aspects of this one, and it was nice to see the people Alexia left behind in England dealing with the threats on that end. But Conall's behavior at the end of the pre
Nikki
Sep 16, 2010 Nikki rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, vampires
Hm. I wish Conall had been made to grovel rather more than this, after his reaction in the last book; I especially wish that his horrible comments to Alexia weren’t just stupidity and were actually driven by a real fear of betrayal. That would make me feel less annoyed if he had some foundation for the way he treated her. Gah. Still, this book does allow Genevieve, Floote and Professor Lyall to shine. And get up to hijinks.

The series continues to be absurd, fun, and relatively inconsequential, w
Kaitlin
Mar 17, 2015 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-sff-faves
This book was really, really good and so far definitely my favourite of all of the books in this series so far. I thought that this book started off really well with a much more explosive and fast-paced beginning than the previous books and I definitely felt like I could get back into the story and characters very easily. The story itself follows Alexia once again as she is the main character and in this book we are thrust in to the deep end because the ending of book 2 is truly explosive. Alexi ...more
AH
Mar 27, 2010 AH rated it really liked it
In real life, a ladybug is a small, red, spotted flying insect. In Blameless, a ladybug becomes a most lethal mechanical contraption, able to poison or subdue, and most likely to explode.

Blameless continues where Changeless left us hanging. I really do like this series and I have rated this book rather high, but – I felt that there were a lot of things lacking in this instalment of the story. There were things that were done right as well.

I’ll start with the things done right. First of all, the
colleen the convivial curmudgeon
3.5

Another fun and witty entry, though perhaps not quite as good as the others. Still, couldn't bring myself to give it anything less than 4 stars. I did still quite enjoy it - enough to finish it in two days.

I especially liked seeing so much of Professor Lyall and Floote.

Conall was forgiven too easily, but at least he realized how much of an ass he was and went to some lengths to make amends.

And, best of all, this one did not end in a dreadful cliffhanger, though there are quite enough thread
Wicked Incognito Now
Aug 24, 2010 Wicked Incognito Now rated it liked it
Shelves: own-ebook
Don't read this review if you haven't read Changeless yet.
Okay. So we left off with Alexia, pregnant and outcast by her husband who assumes she must've been cheating!!!! Wha??? How could he????

In this novel, our usually jolly Alexia is replaced by a very disoriented and sad Alexia. It's very heartbreaking. And as it turns out....every vampire IN THE WORLD wants her dead. So, she decides to vacate England and go off in search of information on the history of supernatural/preternatural br
Becca
Aug 05, 2015 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-junkie
HOL LEHET TÖBB CSILLAGOT ADNI??! (Mindig eldugjátok előlem, blee.)

Wíí, hát ez a rész valami eszméletlen volt! Drága habcsókos citromtortáim, kérdem én, mi lesz még ezután?

Leírhatatlanul szeretem ezt a sorozatot. Nem gondoltam volna, hogy a Soulless felülmúlható. De aztán jött a harmadik rész, és bumm, tátva maradt a szám.
Pörgős volt, humoros volt, minden volt benne, ami ahhoz kell, hogy jól szórakozzak.
Ha egy dolgot kéne kiemelnem, mit imádok ebben a könyvben, ebben a sorozatban, akkor azt mon
ᴥ Irena ᴥ
2.5

It's almost impossible to say anything about Blameless and not spoil it because most of the plot is centred around the dreaded thing that happened at the end of Soulless. Alexia is in trouble. Again.
Her friend Lord Akeldama has disappeared and for some reason, the vampires want her dead.

Some of the funniest parts of this book show Professor Lyall's way of dealing with various problems caused by his Alpha's recent behaviour. In case you needed more reasons to like the guy.

To be honest, I am gl
Sara Price.
Mar 28, 2015 Sara Price. rated it it was amazing
Great read! Flew through it, can't wait to get my hands on the next one!
Mason
Apr 05, 2015 Mason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really the only book this year (so far) that's kept me up to finish it. My comfortable bed was calling my name and I had to push through the final 100 pages because I just HAD to know what was going to happen to Alexia.

I adored everything about this installment, but most of all the characters. From the main characters to the side characters, I enjoyed all of them. And I can't wait to see where the next book takes Alexia!
Probably 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up because I love Alexia. Conall still has a lot of making up to do in my eyes!

Please note that although this review is spoiler free for Blameless it will contain major spoilers for previous books in the series so look away now if you've not already read Soulless and Changeless.

The end of Changeless saw Alexia discover that she was pregnant then immediately get accused of infidelity by her husband Conall. She has now returned from Scotland and after Conall tol
Sylvia Sybil
Apr 17, 2010 Sylvia Sybil rated it it was amazing
Shelves: steampunk
Given Ms. Carriger's habit of ending books with a plot twist, this review will contain spoilers for Soulless and Changeless. In other words, go read those right away and come back.
v
So, when we left Lady Maccon she had just discovered she was in a state of infant-inconvenience, which was most distressing given that werewolves were previously thought sterile. Accused of infidelity and worse by her wolf husband, Alexia flees home to her horrible family in disgrace.

Now that the scandal has bro
Christina (A Reader of Fictions)

For more reviews, gifs, Cover Snark and more, visit A Reader of Fictions.

After the monumental betrayal that was the ending of the second Parasol Protectorate book, I started Blameless enraged. We’re not entirely back to being friends yet, but, damn it, even at its most infuriating this series is highly entertaining and hard to resist. I will never ever be okay with the ending to book two or entirely okay with this book because it was unnecessary all around, but whatever. This series is
Melissa Chung
May 02, 2016 Melissa Chung rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! I am writing this review via phone. Excuse any grammatical errors until tomorrow when I can fix them.

Blameless is the third book in this series and although not as gripping as the last two books was very informative.

Let's see no spoilers. Alexia and Maccon are fighting again. Her reason is sound...Maccon is an "unfeeling", "traitorous", "mistrusting", "rude"---"booby!" and then there is Maccon's reason "You should have known I didna mean it. You should have realized I needed time to
Catherine
I read the first two books in this series last year and didn’t plan to continue, despite already owning this book. I found the second book too different from Soulless in pacing and character development. Added to that, I was very unhappy with the hero’s behavior at the end of Changeless and couldn’t imagine being able to fall into his character again and enjoy their relationship. Too many burned bridges, you know? But all that changed recently.

Lately, I’ve been using audiobooks to pass the time
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Jul 15, 2011 ♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡ rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, signed-books
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

Continuing the reading of this series, I just finished book 3 of the series. I won't lie, it wasn't the same since Alexia and Conall weren't together in this book, it wasn't the same, but the problems that kept following Alexia wherever she went made up for it.

While trying to stay alive, she tries to find more about the baby she's carrying which isn't easy because already a rare, history doesn't give much about female preternaturals. But we are talking
Megan
Sep 25, 2010 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars, fantasy, fiction
I'm starting to get a clearer picture why I like, but don't love, this series. The wittiness wins me over in each book; I'm not someone who laughs out loud easily, but I average a giggle or an undignified snort of amusement twice a chapter, which makes for a fun read. I love Alexia even more than I did in the beginning of the series, and I really like all the side characters (even the obnoxious ones, and especially Ivy) and find them memorable. I enjoy spending time with them. The worldbuilding, ...more
Denae
I don't know quite how I would explain why I love Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series so much, but I really do. While not so good as the others, Blameless has that same mixture of wit and "d'aww" reaction that I enjoyed in the previous books. As always, Alexia is involved in crazy adventures and Conall rages about wildly. Well, that isn't all, but it does take up a fair amount. Basically, I continue to recommend these books to those who like Regency romances, even though these are set in ...more
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
Oct 03, 2012 Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
Quick review:

Cover:Interesting
Rating: R
Overall: Still enjoying this series as much as the first
Characters: Well done
Plot: Spunky Alexia isn’t one to sit back and whine. She gets into action.
Page Turner: Yes
Series Cont.?Yes
Recommend: Yes
Book Boyfriend: Professor Lyall

SUMMARY (50 words or less)

Does anyone else want a HEA for Professor Lyall. I almost thought for a second something might happen between him and Biffy. Wishful thinking I guess. I admire Alexia and even though she’s
Laurel
Dec 26, 2011 Laurel rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012
Gail Carriger, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways!

A feast of a supporting cast, each more befuddlingly unique and lovable than the last!

A charming style of speech that just gives you a slight grin the entire time you are reading!

A well thought out, and I must say, deceptively clever plot that is unravelling nicely....

Finally, a rip roaring adventuress who is not afraid to be who she is, love whomever she likes, and enjoy life to its fullest.

What a great book!
Kristen
Apr 05, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
Much better. I enjoy how each book focuses on a different plot point with overarching (but not overpowering) themes.
Play Book Tag: Blameless - Gail Carriger - 4 stars 2 8 Apr 13, 2016 07:25AM
A Million More Pages: Romance BR - Blameless - Dec 18 8 12 Jan 05, 2016 04:06PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #70 - Blameless 1 3 Apr 10, 2015 06:32AM
  • Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2)
  • The Janus Affair (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, #2)
  • The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire, #2)
  • The Hidden Goddess (Veneficas Americana, #2)
  • Kiss of Steel (London Steampunk, #1)
  • Brilliant Devices (Magnificent Devices #4)
  • The Osiris Ritual (Newbury and Hobbes, #2)
  • Steam & Sorcery (Gaslight Chronicles, #1)
  • The Rift Walker (Vampire Empire, #2)
  • Clementine (The Clockwork Century, #1.1)
Gail Carriger writes steampunk comedies of manners mixed with paranormal romance. Her books include the Parasol Protectorate, Custard Protocol, Supernatural Society, and Delightfully Deadly series for adults, and the Finishing School series for young adults. She is published in many languages and has over a dozen NYT bestsellers via seven different lists (#1 in Manga). She was once an archaeologis ...more
More about Gail Carriger...

Parasol Protectorate (5 books)
  • Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
  • Changeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2)
  • Heartless (Parasol Protectorate, #4)
  • Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5)

“I have died and gone to the land of bad novels.” 118 likes
“I mean to say, really, I am near to developing a neurosis - is there anyone around who doesn't want to study or kill me?"
Floote raised a tentative hand.
"Ah, yes, thank you, Floote."
"There is also Mrs Tunstell, madam," he offered hopefully, is if Ivy were some kind of consolation prize.
"I notice you don't mention my fair-weather husband."
"I suspect, at this moment, madam, he probably wants to kill you."
Alexia couldn't help smiling. "Good point.”
104 likes