Start by marking “A Vow To Love (Men in Uniform)” as Want to Read:
A Vow To Love (Men in Uniform)

A Vow To Love (Vows #6)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  265 ratings  ·  19 reviews
The first time Penny Hayden and Sam Roberts met as teenagers, she stormed off in an outraged huff. The second time, nine years later, she hauled off and kicked him in the shin! It was then that Penny's grandfather knew they were a match made in heaven….

Oh, sure, Penny said that Sam was an insensitive jerk. And Sam insisted that he didn't need anyone in his perfectly solita
Published March 1st 2010 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published January 1st 1994)

To ask other readers questions about A Vow To Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Vow To Love

Anna Marie
Wow. Should've been called 'Why not to Marry a Cop'. A book about two absolutely obnoxious people who can't stand each other for the whole book, and there is nary a brain between the two of them.

It starts out with a 16-year old Penny crushing on 19-year old Sam. Grandma asks him to take her out. Ouch. So he does, doesn't say a word to her the whole date, and admits he was coerced into it. Then when she gets mad about it, he kisses her (roughly), and she runs away, hating him.

Fast forward to when
Paula Hrbacek
A Vow to Love by Sherryl Woods
Men in Uniform Series, Silhouette Books
Paperback $4.99
Sex level: mild with a few expletives
Five stars

Penny Hayden first met Sam Roberts as a teenager. Related by marriage but not by blood, their common grandfather pushed the two together on a date. Their first kiss was one that was never equaled by another man, until the two reunite nine years later.
Penny moves to Boston to take a job as a microbiologist while working on the PhD in English. Sam already lives there,
Erinw
No birth control??? This guy is an arrogant jerk and this story has too many silly moments to be believable. I would suggest you skip it.
Sharon Forbes
It was a somewhat enjoyable,yet predictable book. A short Harlequin novel, I found it rather lacking in some ways, but still readable for a quick, easy read. The main characters,Penny Hayden and Sam Roberts are both stubborn, willful people who refuse to admit to their true feelings about each other very easily. The background characters, such as the young teen Randy, add some depth to their story. The grandfather also adds to the humerous part at times. All in all, a fairly good book if you wan ...more
Deborah Darsie
My first Harlequin book written by Woods. I enjoyed it nearly as much as I have the Chesapeake Bay series.

She has a definite theme of dominant patriarchal figure who manages all the generations (current and upcoming) and their relationships. There are interesting characters, not fully stereotypical.

The twist on the personal danger theme, the personal history between Penny & Sam, past love rediscovered and so on. Not an earth-shattering story, but who really expects that from serial contempor
Sharon
Jul 24, 2011 Sharon rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Kim Lott
Recommended to Sharon by: Harlequin Reader Service
If you like to read romance books, you will like this book. I read it in 6 hours. This book is part of the Men in Uniform series. There are 61 books in this series. Let me know if you have read it. It was a quick read and I loved every minute of it. I donated this book to the Main Virginia Beach Library. I do this with most of my books. I made a copy of the Harlequin Reader Service form to apply for the 8 month service to get all 61 books.
Marjorie
Give me a love story and I am a happy reader! Penny Hayden and Sam Roberts are thrown together by a meddling grandfather. They first met when she was 16 and he was 19. She was in love with him at first sight. Their first date did not go well and she gave him a tongue lashing. However their kiss was something she could not forget. Move forward 10 years and the sparks are still there. Finally grandfather gets his wish!
Cecelia
I'm not sure if this is the same book I read but the A Vow to Love that I read was with the Men in Uniform series and it was pretty good. The two main charachters were Sam and Penny and I could really identify with both which is my favorite part about romance novels. Anyway if it is indeed the same book I would highly recomend it to anyone who likes both intruiging, romance, and cops.
Judine
It's been a while since I read a "traditional" romance novel, and this book reminded me why. Even though I liked Sam a lot (I was iffy with Penny), I wished the book itself would have focused more on the personal rather than physical aspects of their relationship.
Amira
I've read this book so many times, and every time i read it, I seem to like it more. It's a predictable, but good love story.
Serena
This was a good read. The ending came together nicely. I enjoyed the leads I wish it would have came togeather a little sooner so I could have had more time with the leads in happiness.
Patti Powell95
I liked the love hate in this one. And well... I have a thing for men in uniform so it had an automatic advantage.
Karen
Penny and Sam are related distantly by marriage, but when their grandfather Brandon gets involved, sparks fly.
Debra
Just a few pages yet to read and I like it. Some interesting elements to this book, like her books usually.
Rochelle Rudicil
I found this book confusing because the main characters were somehow related but I couldn't follow it.
H2
sexy but honorable bad boy does the right thing and finds love. No new twists, but worth the read.
Emily
Another early book by this author. Again not my favorite, but likable characters with hope.
Zee
i loved it.. tense and stubborn Sam surely needed a kick in the head lol.
Jessica Swint
Jessica Swint marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Ruth Wilson
Ruth Wilson marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Meggin
Meggin marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2015
  • Dear Maggie
  • Whose Baby?
  • A Cold Creek Secret (Cowboys of Cold Creek, #7)
  • A Weaver Wedding
  • Passion to Die For (Silhouette Romantic Suspense #1579)
  • No Ordinary Man
  • Alaskan Hearts
  • Craving Her Rough Diamond Doc
  • The Most Expensive Night of Her Life
  • No Way to Begin
  • Informed Risk
  • Beware of the Boss
  • Hawk's Way Grooms (Hawk's Way #10&12)
  • A Man Like Him
  • His First Noelle (Men Out of Uniform #13)
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • No Ordinary Home
  • The Sweetest Hours
With two other careers to her credit before becoming a novelist and four states in which she's lived for extended periods of time, Sherryl Woods has collected friends and memories, along with way too much unnecessary junk.

"The friends are the only things I've brought with me through the years that really matter," she says. "I could probably live without one more chintz teacup, another tin-litho sa
More about Sherryl Woods...

Vows (6 books)
  • Love
  • Honor
  • Cherish (Vows #3)
  • Kate's Vow
  • A Daring Vow (Vows #5)
The Inn at Eagle Point (Chesapeake Shores, #1) Stealing Home (The Sweet Magnolias #1) Harbor Lights (Chesapeake Shores, #3) Beach Lane (Chesapeake Shores #7) Flowers on Main (Chesapeake Shores, #2)

“of Sam. The last time it” 0 likes