Start by marking “The Unfinished Nation: A Concise History of the American People: Volume 1: To 1877” as Want to Read:
Preview

3.49 of 5 stars 3.49  ·  rating details  ·  71 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Known for its clear narrative voice and impeccable scholarship, Alan Brinkley's best-selling survey text invites students to think critically about the many forces that continually create the Unfinished Nation that is the United States. In a concise but wide-ranging narrative, Brinkley shows the diversity and complexity of the nation and our understanding of its history--o ...more
Published December 1st 2009 by McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages (first published December 28th 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Unfinished Nation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Unfinished Nation

Cara
I read this book for a college history class that I was taking.
The book was very insightful, but I thought it could have held more detail in some more pertinent ares, and left out some of the less insignificant details.
Cynthia Martin
Not a history buff at all, but it's necessary for my US History class. I find it to be easy to read & comprehend. Reads more like a novel than a text.
Kristine Rier
Easy to read and includes the essential information. Read this as a supplement to a much larger APUSH text and found this book gave a very good overview.
Christopher
Pretty standard history book. But it was interesting and kept me reading. (I had to read it for a class, but I would look over it again.)
Nichole
Pretty good for a history textbook.
Becca-Rawr
The average in history textbooks.
Unentschieden
Unentschieden is currently reading it
Apr 13, 2015
Debbie
Debbie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Miriam
Miriam is currently reading it
Feb 21, 2015
Daniela
Daniela marked it as to-read
Feb 17, 2015
Kelli
Kelli is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2015
Alexis
Alexis marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Missy
Missy is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2015
Brin
Brin is currently reading it
Jan 27, 2015
Amanda
Amanda is currently reading it
Jan 19, 2015
Cassandra
Cassandra is currently reading it
Jan 17, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Voices of Protest: Huey Long, Father Coughlin & the Great Depression The End of Reform: New Deal Liberalism in Recession and War The Publisher: Henry Luce and His American Century Franklin Delano Roosevelt American History: A Survey (w/Primary Source Investigator/Powerweb)