Start by marking “You Only Love Once (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #3)” as Want to Read:
You Only Love Once (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #3)

You Only Love Once (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love #3)

Devilishly handsome and absolutely fearless, Nate Avery is in London on an important mission—and paired with an English spy who is meant to watch him as much as aid him. But much to his surprise, that spy turns out to be an alluring and enigmatic temptress.
Angelique Martand may be a beauty, but she's also the most dangerous agent in England—and this job is far beneath her.
Published August 31st 2010 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about You Only Love Once, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You Only Love Once

Mina Khan
May 29, 2011 Mina Khan rated it really liked it
Loved the heroine: strong, smart and vulnerable. Even though this is a romance, she just carries the story. The relationship between the hero & heroine is well-developed. The story is fast-paced and interesting. Only one issue in the final confrontation scene made me roll my eyes, but overall loved the book.
Jody
Aug 02, 2010 Jody rated it really liked it
From the moment she was born, Angelique Martrand's life has been one of danger. Before being sentenced to the guillotine, Angelique's parents entrusted her to the care of their most trusted servant to flee to England to save her life. Through bribes and lies Angelique made it to safety and has based her entire life on making those pay who seek to harm others. To that end she has become a master spy with a deadly reputation. She's smart, strong, and always in control.....until the day she meets h ...more
S
Aug 15, 2010 S rated it really liked it
During the French Revolution, in 1793, a newborn little girl was whisked out of France by her mother's maid Melanie, leaving her parents, the Comte and Comtesse d'Orvelon, to be killed. In 1820 London, Angelique Martand is a spy and assassin who takes her last job before retirement. She is to work with an American, Mr. Nathaniel Avery, to find and apprehend an embezzler, Jacob Dixon. Angelique is given additional instructions: kill Dixon. Angelique is a good character; she's confident yet insecu ...more
P. Kirby
Sep 27, 2011 P. Kirby rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
3.5 It's a pity GR doesn't let you use decimals, because I do think this is a touch beyond a 3, which is my code for "okay, but forgettable." There was a lot to like about You Only Love Once.

Angelique is a spy and sometimes assassin working for a shadowy arm of the British government. When Angelique was just a baby, her nursemaid smuggled her out of France just before an angry mob captured her parents, a count and countess, and hauled them off to the guillotine. Consequently, Angelique believes
Minna
You Only Love Once was pretty darn good. Set in London, it featured a French expatriate female assassin-spy (awesome) and an American government agent in England to retrieve a thief. The actual tracking-down of the thief was almost laughably easy if you think about it; basically Angelique (assassin-spy) and Nate (government agent) only had to talk to two people and search one house to find him.
The 4 stars are earned in the chemistry between Nate and Angelique. Two people with pasts they aren't
Karla
Jun 04, 2011 Karla rated it liked it
This was a good book. While there is a spy plot the focus is really on the relationship and how Angelique will escape her circumstances and have an Happy Ever After. The plot was smart and it was very nice to read a story without aristocratic characters. I also think Caroline Linden does a very good job at action scenes (there's one toward the end). So why the three stars? I just never connected with the characters. Not sure that that was the book's fault as I read this very slowly.
Ada
Jul 17, 2013 Ada rated it liked it
Decent read. It's the third book of the Bow Street series. I enjoyed book 1 a little better but I did really like how Harry, the hero of book 1 made an appearance in book 3. What I really enjoyed was the climax of the book once our hero, Angelique, finally made up her mind about which way she wanted move on with the plan and sided with our hero, Nate. Once it got to that point, the story really started to move and I like how it concluded.
Jackie
Sep 03, 2011 Jackie rated it liked it
2.5 Good writing and historically informed, but the author doesn't construct her characters in a way that allows readers to connect emotionally to them. Linden has half of the character construction piece down -- creating plot events that shape the characters -- but is missing the more vital other half -- creating individualized, unique characters with emotional lives.
Sharyn
May 18, 2014 Sharyn rated it liked it
Oh no the 3rd in a series!! Spy story romance with a wonderful heroine who was whisked out of France by her mothers maid in 1793 as her parents were arrested for being aristocrats. London 1820, she is now a spy for England and is sent to help an American in London find a fugitive. She way underestimates him, as he does her, but the story and the romance build well and make an enjoyable book.
Candace722
Jan 27, 2012 Candace722 rated it liked it
Overall a good book and a pretty good author. This was a first (and not the last) book I've read from Linden. The ending threw me off a bit,but I was able to catch on. This story could easily be turned into a series. I felt like I wanted to know more about the after story with other characters. Again,good stuff.
Janet
Apr 22, 2011 Janet rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Book #4 is leaps and bounds better than #3. This one had a real plot, and dynamite between-the-sheets scenes (and staircase scenes…closet scenes…bedroom scenes…hackney cab scenes…). Only one more to go—dare I hope it’s even better?
Lizzie
Feb 15, 2016 Lizzie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-novels
Now one of my favorite romance novels! What has won me are the equally matched main characters with intelligent and fantastic scenes together. I wish I could read it again for the first time! Loved it.
Nancy Luebke
Nov 05, 2013 Nancy Luebke rated it it was amazing
What's a man to do with a charming, beautiful spy who may or may not be on his side. I was captivated with this book and it was hard to put down. Stayed up to early morning to finish this. And a unusual ending to put the icing on this cake.
Foggygirl
Apr 08, 2015 Foggygirl rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned-read
One of the best romance novels that I have read in a long time, free from juvenile angst and mellow drama instead there is a scorching romance between two dangerous and capable characters. Loved the hero and heroine, Angelique was a badass and did not at any time need rescuing by anyone.
Cik Aini
This is my first book by the author and I'm surprised to find I like the plot. The plot was different, being a spy, such a dangerous, precarious position to be in. I wanted to rate it as 3.5
Jenny
Feb 15, 2012 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Oh my.........this one made up for the boring other two in the series. I LOVED this one. I loved her and I loved Nate. I thought it was a wonderful book.......now I want to read about Ian!!
Bebe Four
Series rating: 3+
I enjoyed the first book much more than the other two. The spying element was a very large part of the stories.
Julia
Nov 27, 2011 Julia rated it liked it
Pretty interesting spy love story. I tend to enjoy those. The sex scenes were hot, though I got bored at the end and wanted to read more about the spies...
Ellyce
Ellyce rated it it was ok
Jul 21, 2012
Jane Mizrach
Jane Mizrach rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Elizabeth Sirk
Elizabeth Sirk rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2014
L
L rated it liked it
Aug 31, 2013
Chetan Shet
Chetan Shet rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2016
Morpmorp
Morpmorp rated it really liked it
May 19, 2016
Darlena
Darlena rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2014
p
p rated it it was ok
Sep 17, 2013
Tonia
Tonia rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2012
Büşra Bal
Büşra Bal rated it liked it
Dec 16, 2012
Saral
Saral rated it liked it
Jun 02, 2015
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Jun 16, 2011
  • My Lord and Spymaster (Spymasters, #2)
  • Seduction is Forever (Lady Spies, #3)
  • A Season to Be Sinful (Grantham, #1)
  • Scandal of the Season (The Spinster Club, #4)
  • Indiscreet
  • The Impostor (Liar's Club, #2)
  • The Courtesan's Secret (The Courtesan Chronicles #2)
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • I Kissed an Earl (Pennyroyal Green, #4)
  • The Devil in Disguise (Regency Rogues, #1)
  • Written on Your Skin
  • A Wedding Wager (Blackwater Brides, #2)
  • Scandal in the Night (The Reckless Brides, #3)
  • An Improper Aristocrat
  • The Viscount's Wicked Ways
Caroline Linden was born a reader, not a writer. She earned a degree in mathematics from Harvard University and worked as a programmer in the financial services industry before realizing writing fiction is much more exciting than writing code. Her books have won the NEC-RWA Readers' Choice Award, the JNRW Golden Leaf, the Daphne du Maurier Award, and RWA's RITA Award, and have been translated into ...more
More about Caroline Linden...

The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love (3 books)
  • A View to a Kiss (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #1)
  • For Your Arms Only (The Bow St. Agents: Spies in Love, #2)