Start by marking “Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire, #6)” as Want to Read:
Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire, #6)

Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #6)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  2,320 ratings  ·  65 reviews
Alisa has fought every battle, against evil, against hate, and even against death itself. Now she nears the end of her incredibly long life and another unexpected force emerges to destroy her, or perhaps save her. But this force is unlike anything she has experienced before.
Published March 3rd 1997 by Hodder Children's Books (first published September 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Creatures of Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creatures of Forever

Michelle
Okay, so all of that Reincarnated Baby Jesus/Krishna stuff is done, Sita's daughter Kalika is dead, and we wonder, where do we go from here? Well, back in time apparently.

Hold up wait.

First Sita and Seymour (now a vampire! Fun, I want Vampire Seymour Adventures!), are tricked by a stupid lady that Seymour picked up in a bar that Sita didn't properly read the mind of. Ugh, Sita, tricked again. Lady from the Bar has a ray gun! Sita narrowly defeats her, then decides to get more info on her, disco
Leeanna
The Last Vampire #6: Creatures of Forever, by Christopher Pike

In "Creatures of Forever," Pike's excellent The Last Vampire series goes a little wonky. More science fiction than vampire tale, Pike continues to mix New Age ideas with aliens and time travel.

Continuing with hints dropped in "Phantom (#4)" and "Evil Thirst (#5)," Pike concludes the story of Sita, the last vampire who has roamed the earth for 5,000 years. In "Creatures of Forever," she learns that in the 9th century actions of hers f
PurplyCookie
I started reading "The Last Vampire" series when it first came out, and I remember checking the bookstore every time the next installment was going to be available. Although I'm an adult now (but I was a preteen when the series started), I've still re-read most of the installments. It's truly amazing how Pike manages to flesh out such a complete characterization.

Another amazing thing is how each installment ties in so fluidly with each other and yet they stand alone with their own plot, be it h
Chapter 35
This start getting a bit 'out there' in this book. I get this is fiction blah blah blah, but I just couldnt get on board with quite afew of the aspects of this particular book.... it strayed from the storyline & got a wee bit 'cray cray'! lol

We left of with things starting to get weird.... people from another time or realm, space ships and a destiny to destroy an evil sorcerer from a past many hundreds of years ago that tricked Sita into giving him her blood... All to result in the end of Si
Heather
Again, glad to be back in Sita's world but this book was pretty out there. Better than Book 5, not as good as Book 4. Since this is the final book in the series, it's a must read if you are into the series
Lady Claire, Marchioness of Fancy Pants
This is the last book in the series, and this where the series starts to get spacey and weird.
Kristy Berridge
Well, it's a little unorthodox of me to review six books at once, and admittedly, I wouldn't normally do this because it's not fair to the plot, complexities of character, or the author's hard slog to create individuality within their story. But The Last Vampire series is relatively short, each book no more than about 180 pages in total, and they do follow on right where the last story left off, essentially making it one big novel that I've decided to measure as one.
The six books in question are
Sharon Malcolm
Sami
Erin
I really enjoyed this book. With each addition in the series Sita becomes more and more intriguing. Christopher Pike just has a way of portraying his characters so they seem so real. I especially enjoyed the suspense he made me feel throughout the novel. Also the relationship between Sita and Kalika was very interesting and enjoyable part of the novel. I'd definetley recommend this novel as well as the rest of the series
Belinda
I know there are more books to this series but to me this is the true end of the Last Vampire. The rest is just commercial factors interfering with good storytelling.

I was not a fan of the aliens angle but because Pike has everything in this series, I excused this inclusion. Pike tends to have no boundaries (my favorite quality about him)

I as usual did enjoy venturing into Sita's always interesting past and that was a good story for me.

I hated and cried at the end yet purely satisfied concludin
Aaron
This book was a crap way to end a generally excellent series. Space lizards and time travel was somehow way, way too much for me to buy. I was down with the blood transformation alchemy and the Baby Jesus immaculate conception shit, but this was... I dunno. The story that was told felt essential to Sita, which is where both of the two stars come from - the fact that this at its core is a solid part of Sita's back story. It's just not well told.

Should've been "#0" as a prequel, rather than "#6."
Maybelle Victor
The LaSt Vampire 6: Creatures of Forever begins with another “before” note – Sita introducing who she is and has happened the past few books. She was with Seymour on a bar and was recognizing how she can hear everyone’s thoughts because of the power in Kalika’s blood. Seymour was flirting with a girl called Heidi and Sita, just getting to know her next victim.

The story was reversed when Sita found out that her victim is deliberately bringing her to a trap and who else was the mastermind but Heid
Carly
May 12, 2009 Carly rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Vampire lovers
Shelves: 2009
Kathy Horsman
I....I um....

I'm kind of at a loss for words.

I felt like this book took a hard left turn somewhere between the end of the previous book and this one, and never came back.

This was way more sci-fi than any of the others and I had this horrible feeling like the whole 6 book series was nothing but a dream within a dream scenario. I wasn't sure where we were, what time period we were in or who was who at any point throughout the whole thing. Then I was completely disappointed by how we got our happi
Tahni
As far as story telling goes, it wasn't horrible. Once it got past the weird extraterrestrial portion of the story (which, apparently, were supposed to be higher spiritual life forms from another dimension?) I did enjoy the story much more. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time getting past the fact that aliens and lazer guns were brought into a story about a vampire. I know that's not something that inherently makes it bad, it just felt hokey, like something which didn't belong, and it felt a l ...more
Lucille
For me, this series went downhill from the first book. By the sixth book, the science fiction and religious elements started to get too much for me. I just wanted a nice vampire story; I didn't expect to end up bogged down with time travel and reincarnations of religious figures from various faiths. Also, it seemed a little to convienient that at almost every book, there is some new and interesting person from Alisa's past that comes back to mess with her. And also that she keeps insisting that ...more
Johi
The ending of Creatures of Forever haunted me for months when I first read it as a teenager. I really liked it then and thought it was a great ending to the series. Reading it again all these years later, knowing what happens, was such a different experience. I enjoyed the book less this second time, because the first half of this book is a little weird and confusing with talks of the harvest (I never quite figured out what the damn harvest would really be), good and evil, aliens and people from ...more
Paige
W-O-W. what an ending. Book was kinda slow at first and Seymour wasn't in at all hardly. When a ]group from Alisa past make themselfs known again she realizes her 5 thousand years maybe coming to a close. For this group is very strong and it may take all she has to defeat them. After a run in with the group Alisa meets Alanda. Who tells her the world is dangerously out of balance and she must go back in time to keep this group from getting her blood. So she travels back in time to change the cou ...more
Vanessa
Very nostalgic for me, I read this book while in high school, and started reading the series while in middle school.
Stacey
An amazing series to read in tandem with some Eastern philosophy. Pike takes some of the most graceful, inspiring ideas from the New Age movement and infuses them into his epic which broaches some really complicated topics considering good/evil, time, and morality. The whole book is grey, which makes me love it even more. It questions the notion of having principles, and I think it may be pointing out that, in so far as we are mortal creatures, we're not meant to think morally on a large-scale. ...more
Jess
If I could I would have given this book 3 and a half star's but I suppose that it got lucky. Creatures of Forever was a little far fetched, with everything like ray guns, UFO'S and trying to fight the demons from the past, I guess you would say this book had everything.... But I will say that everything that Pike wrote in The Last Vampire collection that it all entwined with each other, and I can't imagine that it would have been easy. I was glad there was a bit of a happy ending :)
Pikes books a
Jessica
Not my favorite of the series - the beginning was too widely divergent from the series, so it was difficult to get to the half-way point, when the general tone of the rest of the series picked back up. I also don't know how to feel about the ending - it is simultaneously happy and tragic, but not particularly satisfying. Perhaps because it all happens so quickly. Not sure. I'm keeping the book since it does represent the last of a series and I do enjoy other ones of the series, but this is not g ...more
Batmanfangirl
I loved this whole series and thought it was an amazing journey. Then the last book comes along and the ending ruined the entire story for me. It was basically one of those ridiculous soap opera endings where "It was all a dream." I really expect way more from Mr. Pike. He writes amazing stories and is one of my all time favorite authors.

The only thing I could think of was that he was under pressure from the publicist to finish the last book and threw the ending together. Otherwise? WTF?
lisa
i’m always afraid when i go a while without reading a pike book that the next time i pick one up i will realize that it’s poorly written and badly plotted and just plain old stupid, but i still love these insanely. i mean, a six-book series about vampires and jesus 2.0 and those creepy reptile guys that freak me the fuck out should not be this good, AND YET! there is even time travel! ridiculous, heartbreaking time travel! <3

(review pulled from lj.)
Caroline
I really enjoyed this series as a pre-teen/teen. Looking back, it was pretty cheesy in a whole lot of ways (but Christopher Pike, in general, is just like that), but I loved that the main character was not only kick-ass, but female.

I've been curious about the newest entries to the series, but not enough to risk going back and re-reading these and finding out they aren't nearly as good as myself from 15-ish years ago thought they were.
Stephanie
A great book yet again in Christopher Pike's The Last Vampire series. There are a few themes I was a bit wary about but it all came together very nicely. Sita is, as always, a kick ass heroine. But more than that she is a great thinker with a wealth of knowledge that allows her to see what is good and evil and make cutthroat decisions for the greater good. It is always a pleasure reading from her point of view.
With Butterflies
Loaded this series on my Kindle as it was recommended to me because (don't you judge me) I like vampire books. I went ahead and read the whole series since I was on a 4 week vacation and only wanted to read fluff and fiction. Eh.

I liked the idea of the vampire being SO old, but I felt the writer was a wee bit lazy on some of the storytelling and explanations. Still, I finished all six.
Bmquiram
I just finished Christopher Pike’s “Creatures of Forever.” I am very shocked by the ending.
This story is interesting, but it dives a little deeper into science fiction and the supernatural. I enjoyed it, and I can’t wait to start the next book in the series, but I have no idea what to expect from it. There is no cliff hanger at all in the novel and I am left guessing.
** Spoilers ** Question about Seymour 3 9 Jun 30, 2013 11:13AM
  • Soulmate (Night World, #6)
  • Goodnight Kiss (Fear Street Superchiller, # 3)
  • Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • Crimson Shadows (Crimison, #3)
19954
Christopher Pike is the pseudonym of Kevin McFadden. He is a bestselling author of young adult and children's fiction who specializes in the thriller genre.

McFadden was born in New York but grew up in California where he stills lives in today. A college drop-out, he did factory work, painted houses and programm
More about Christopher Pike...
Thirst No. 1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice (Thirst, #1) Thirst No. 2: Phantom, Evil Thirst, and Creatures of Forever (Thirst, #2) Thirst No. 3: The Eternal Dawn (Thirst, #3) Thirst No. 4: The Shadow of Death (Thirst, #4) Remember Me (Remember Me, #1)

“The desert surrounds your every step and you walk forever a thirsty man.” 24 likes