Start by marking “Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1)” as Want to Read:
Love Means... No Shame (Farm, #1)

Love Means... No Shame (Farm #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,155 Ratings  ·  211 Reviews
Geoff is in the city, living the gay life to the hilt, when his father's death convinces him to return to the family farm. Discovering a young Amish man asleep in his barn, Geoff learns that Eli is spending a year away from the community before accepting baptism into the church. Despite their mutual attraction, Geoff is determined not to become involved with him, but Eli h ...more
Published September 14th 2009 by Dreamspinner Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Love Means... No Shame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Means... No Shame

Caught Running by Madeleine UrbanPromises by Marie SextonTigers and Devils by Sean KennedyMuscling Through by J.L. MerrowFaith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
Favorite M/M Romance Fiction Comfort Reads
229th out of 485 books — 352 voters
Cut & Run by Madeleine UrbanPromises by Marie SextonAll Play and No Work by Carol LynneTiming by Mary CalmesCaptive Prince by C.S. Pacat
Best M/M Series
12th out of 91 books — 40 voters

More lists with this book...

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
This book started out bad. The MC (I already forgot his name) is an Uber Slut (I think that means like extremely promiscuous, whorey, tramp, skank, no standards his man-hole is so loose it’s like throwing a hotdog down a hallway) and to top that off he is an Uber Drunk Driving Slut or UDDS for short (please note MC will now be called UDDS from now on in this review). It starts off with UDDS waking up with a stranger after drinking too much and driving to stranger’s house where he had sex, probab ...more
Erotic Horizon
Oct 20, 2009 Erotic Horizon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.75 Stars

Geoff is living the life of a young man with few responsibility and full of hormones - and with all the tail he can get in the city, he’s living the life of riley.

The bubble burst on Geoff life of burning the candle at both ends when his dad dies. Coming home to the ranch is alot of things now for Geoff – but most importantly it’s the fact that his dad is no longer there – that is, one of his dad’s. He has two and with a few carefully placed words and some home truth he soon agrees to
Wade
Oct 22, 2011 Wade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I think this is a wonderful book. I love the message. I love the characters. And I love Andrew's style of writing. I read it a few years ago and since then several more times. I own it in paperback. I think Eli's character is my favorite. I loved his tenderness.

I think everyone who deals with predudice and fear should read this book. I think Andrew spells out LOVE in a poignant way. It was a book that meant a lot to me the first time I read it. The theme of "no shame" stupid out in a personal w
A.K.M. Miles
Oct 01, 2009 A.K.M. Miles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book and the whole time I was reading it, I was patting myself on the back for buying 3 others of his at the same time. Really good book, y'all. Really.
¸. • * ° *❧Gwen❧ •°**★
Aww man this read.....

I just did not understand Geoff's treatment shown to Len?

I did not understand the why(s) of the slut'ness of Geoff's persona?

And, I do not recall the use of condum's?

And, why is this book so poorly edited, from DSP, where I pay top dollar for my books?

The Book & What I Loved and Took With Me~

The letter from Cliff *sniffle*
The adorable hospital scene.
The courting and Len's comment about the courting.
The cuddling
The warmpt of the farm" home"
Len's strength
Geoff and El
karlakolumna
2 stars, at best.

Story and its message are nice/OK --> "Love conquers it all!" plus "Noone needs to feel ashamed about loving and caring for another human being."
That is, of course, very true and one can just hope, that all these ignorant and intolerant people out there will figure this out rather sooner than later.

But all in all: Nothing new here, the book and the story were just OK, but what bothered me (besides from this story not being very original, new and inventive) was that the writin
Kassa
Oct 19, 2009 Kassa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Parts of this book are interesting with a deep emotional connection but unfortunately the very uneven pacing drags the action and length of the book out. Also most of the conflict is resolved and told off page so the reader is unable to experience some of the problems and emotions as the characters do. Mostly this is a sweet, easy romance that throws a little texture in by way of bigoted attitudes but really those attitudes impact very little in the main relationship. The writing is average with ...more
Love it all bookworm
Overall book rating: 4 sweet stars
Audio book: Narrator- R. Kirstein 4stars
Book cover: 3.5 Stars

This book is about little Geoff all grown up. This book started out sad but it just shows you to waist no time and to love to the fullest every minute of every day.

Little Geoff finds the love of his life. I truly loved this story.

description

Dreamer
For all those who've not seen Weird Al's 'Amish Paradise' - enjoy!

3.5 stars here. A somewhat bland but likeable m/m romance. Geoff leaves Chicago to return to the family farm upon the death of his (gay) father. He falls for Elijah, a 20 year old Amish boy who is spending a year away from his community.

'If he were honest with himself, he really did like Eli... a lot. The way he looked in the saddle, the way he smiled, the way those eyes danced when he was h
Jenre
Mar 19, 2010 Jenre rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, contemporary, romance
This is a review where I get to eat my words! I've read several Andrew Grey books and stories in the past and had pretty much come to conclusion that whilst I appreciate that he's a well loved author with a large, loyal fan base, his writing just doesn't appeal to me and I wasn't going to read his books any more. Then someone suggested that I read Love Means...No Shame, and so I decided to give the author one more chance. I'm glad I did because I really liked this book.

The story begins with our
Lily
This is a well written story that is populated with characters you can't help but fall in love with and just like in real life with a couple you'd be thankful not to know. It's an emotional story that grabbed my attention right away and kept me interested all the way to the end. The main protagonists at first appear to be an unlikely match but as the story progresses the development of their relationship shows that indeed they are well suited to each other.

At the start of the book Geoff is happy
Indie Reviews
Love Means ... No Shame by Andrew Grey is a touching story of loss and love, family and belonging. It is very well written with strong characters and fluid narration that pulls the reader completely in from the start.

The central focus of the story is the relationship between Geoff and Eli who come from two very different worlds and cultures. Grey takes his time in growing their relationship by exploring many of their differences in a thoughtful and respectful manner. As Geoff gets to know Eli he

Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Mar 24, 2011 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Emanuela ~plastic duck~ by: Jayded
This story was cute and sweet and touching. Geoff and Eli couldn't be more different at the beginning of the story, because Geoff comes back from Chicago to the farm he inherited from his father. In Chicago he was cruising bars for sex and working as an accountant. Eli is Amish and he is spending the traditional time away from his community to see the world of the English.

What they have in common is their caring attitude. Geoff is much more experienced, but Eli's enthusiasm makes up for his lack
Rick Fisher
Dec 12, 2014 Rick Fisher rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, drama
I am torn between calling this story poorly written or poorly edited. So, I think I will go with both. The entire book seems to be missing so much. There is little to no real descriptive narratives. There are no segues between scenes. There is very little continuity to the outline. And, there is zero ingenuity. This one seemed like it was thrown together, haphazardly, without a lot of thought or reworking. It almost comes across like a rough draft.
I hate giving reviews like this. I don't want
Tami (synchro from BL)
Bev
Jan 22, 2013 Bev rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, sugary-sweet
I have enjoyed some of Andrew Grey's other books (The Good Fight was very interesting in view of it's subject matter), but I'm afraid that this book was just a step too far. The previous story in the series (Love means...Courage) was a decent read, but this book, well let's just say that I feel calling your loved one 'Stallion' and 'Tiger' is a little bit far-fetched, and put me off reading any further - I returned the book I'm afraid.
Deeze
Nov 20, 2011 Deeze rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely sweet love story with some very well written emotional parts. Tissues were certainly needed at times lol.

I'm looking forward to re reading the next book and seeing Geoff as a little boy again lol.

My one niggle was Frank and the way he believed the lies without hesitation but then back tracked imediately. That scene just never flowed as smoothly as the rest.

luv2reed
wow, I'm must be in the minority because I had to dnf this book, which I rarely do. The writing was so stilted and boring I just couldn't get into it. Interesting premise but I guess this author's writing style just doesn't do it for me.
Crys Harris
I thought this book was rather boring and the character pretty flat. I just read the book a couple of days ago and I can't remember the name of the main character.
David Sullivan
Alex
Dec 20, 2010 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: queer, romance
Overall
I think this is my favorite of the series, and conveniently the first (although I read it second). Order isn't vital to the stories, unless you want to be surprised by happy endings. So Geoff comes home after the death of his father and decides to stay and take over the family farm. Shortly after his arrival, Eli appears, 100% Amish and straight from the community. He's taking a year break to "diminish his rebel spirit."

Geoff and Eli have a very nice dynamic and are both sweet as sugar. T
J'aime
Aug 08, 2011 J'aime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, m-m
I’ve read a lot of gay cowboy romances, but this one stands out for being more, well, romantic! Usually, it’s lust at first sight, hot sex and finally the requisite “I love you” (whether believable or not). This book surprised me by going nearly halfway through before the characters become lovers. It was actually refreshing.

Geoff returns to his family farm after his father dies and realizes this is where he always wanted to be. So, he sets about taking over the business. One day, he finds a man
♥Robin ♥
Jan 13, 2015 ♥Robin ♥ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to ♥Robin ♥ by: Elishia
I was very pleasantly surprised by this book especially being a "newbie" to this genre. I was not expecting to find such an intriguing,beautifully written love story with such loving,well developed,likeable characters.

Andrew Grey has a way of drawing the reader in,pulling on the heart strings while tap dancing on the emotions of one's soul. He does a fantastic job of delivering a great story while teaching some very important life lessons about learning to love yourself, as well as those who lo
Shelby P
Aug 08, 2013 Shelby P rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
The first 50% of the book had promise and I was steadily reading along. Then after Geoff and Eli hooked up, the book went downhill and fast. I got bored. Not sure how old Geoff is but I didn't like that he was able to solve everyone's problems so easily. The sex was not hot at all. And I hope that's not really how the Amish treat their people when they take a break/sabbatical. How the hell was Eli expected to thrive in the English world with no money or place to live???

It would have been nice if
Icyspark
Jul 14, 2014 Icyspark rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me feel all of the emotions. There were a few moments I had tears running down my face.
Richard
Aug 13, 2014 Richard rated it did not like it
Shelves: nope, aaa, disgusted, the-worst
Ah- young love.

A virgin Amish boy meets a more seasoned city boy on the farm and they fall in love.

When the Amish boy discovers the city fellow was very sexually active he sadly pouts and the city fellow tells him it was just sex but with him it’s love making.

City boy then proceeds to have the Amish boy fuck him bareback.

Naively (pre barebacking) I was thinking what a great book for young gay kids to read.

Color me stupid.

Ah-young love, may it survive!
Nichole (Dirrty H)
"Hmm... I'm sick of sleeping around and that guy looks cute, so I think I'll just check and see if he's gay, and then we'll live happily ever after."
Too simple, too easy. Boring.
Jacq
Mar 07, 2015 Jacq rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Geoff and Eli and that darn barn :) Sweet and fluffy read.
Tj
Mar 23, 2015 Tj rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-and-warmth
Andrew Grey writes wonderful stories of love and family with strong characters who are kind, honest and compassionate. This book encompasses all of that. Geoff helps those around him while still letting them maintain their dignity. His compassion and warmth are revealed in this book and grow throughout the series. Eli is loving and kind. He is gentle but has a strong will when it comes to protecting those he loves. This series is like a warm blanket on a cold night. Sometimes you just need that ...more
Pamela Su
A saccharine sweet romance with oodles of melodrama.

I really wanted to like this story. The premise was good. The characters were quite likeable. But it was just a little much for me.

Too much sweetness. Too much melodrama.

I do get the appeal of this book though. There's a sort of innocence and purity of love that shines through the story. A belief that love will absolutely triumph regardless of the obstacles. It's an appealing thought.

I do like my stories sweet, but with just the teeniest bit of
  • Got Mistletoe?
  • Left of Centre
  • The Broken Road
  • The Broken H (Ranch Series, #2)
  • Good to Know (Good to Know, #1)
  • Roughstock: Blind Ride - Season One (Roughstock, #1)
  • Clouds and Rain (Clouds and Rain #1)
  • The Beach House
  • No Going Home (Home, #1)
  • Touch Me Gently
  • Long Tall Drink
  • Morning Report (Morning Report, #1)
  • The Heart of Texas (Texas, #1)
  • Inherit the Sky (Lang Downs, #1)
  • Physical Therapy (St. Nacho's #2)
  • Letting In the Light

m/m romance author
More about Andrew Grey...

Farm (9 books)
  • Love Means... Courage (Farm, #0.5)
  • Love Means... No Boundaries (Farm, #2)
  • Love Means... Freedom (Farm, #3)
  • Love Means... No Fear (Farm, #4)
  • Love Means... Family (Farm, #5)
  • Love Means... No Limits (Farm, #6)
  • Love Means... Patience (Farm, #7)
  • Love Means... Endurance (Farm, #8)

“You always say that I’m beautiful. Will you still love me when I’m old?"
Geoff’s hand made small circles on his stomach.
"Elijah." Geoff rarely called him that, and he turned his head to look into Geoff’s eyes. "I don’t love you because you’re beautiful. You’re beautiful because I love you.”
32 likes
“Anyone who thinks women have a monopoly on gossip has never been to a gay bar. Those queens will rip you to shreds.” 2 likes