Start by marking “Unlovable, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Unlovable, Vol. 2

Unlovable, Vol. 2 (Unlovable #2)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  120 ratings  ·  10 reviews

Loosely based on a teenager’s diary from the 1980s found in a gas-station bathroom, Unlovable is the remarkable story of Tammy Pierce, as filtered through the pen of Los Angeles artist Esther Pearl Watson. This second and concluding volume picks up where the first volume left off (winter break) and finishes Tammy’s tragicomic sophomore year of high school in 1985.

Tammy ha

Published March 1st 2010 by Fantagraphics Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Unlovable, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unlovable, Vol. 2

David Schaafsma
This is a second collection of a series of comics done by Watson that are still being featured on the back cover of Bust, and are supposedly based on a 1980's diary found in a gas station bathroom. I don't know why the claimed origin seems suspicious to me, but the story and world feels unfailingly real, painfully humiliating at times in its depiction of small town 80's high school life, where Tammy is fat, unattractive, taken advantage of by her peers, tormented by her little brother, and Boy C ...more
Gen
I recommend this book to everyone. I haven't laughed out loud for funniness for ages. Tammy's exploits are so cute, unaware and hilarious. This book deserves 5 stars because it impels obsession. Tammy may have lost her diary but it was a good cause and everyone should at least read it and enjoy her flourishing personality despite the odds. Well, aside from those dreaded mushrooms...
Suzanne
If you went to high school in the 1980s this may be the graphic novel for you. I read both volumes and relived much of the 1980s and teen drama. The author/ artist found a diary in a gas station bathroom and decided to illustrate it. So crazy.
Emily
I'm so grossed out by poor Tammie Pierce's diary, but love her so! I'm sure if I dug out my old Snoopy diary, I'd find stuff almost as embarrassing (although I never kept a visual record of my farts!)
Too good!
Allie
A favorite quote:
Thrown-down dance off -- I battled Cassie Smallwood and lost. The truth is that people can be both hateful-hoe-bags and good dancers.
Kevin Coleman
Totally juvenile, but funny with plenty of high school and Texas-suburb-living realness. As good as Volume 1 if you can believe that!
Erin Tuzuner
More of the same Welcome to the Dollhouse tragicomic 80s teen melodrama.
Christie
This was even funnier than the last one! Oh that Tammy!
Karina
Silly with funny artwork, but that's about it.
Sweet pea
Heeeeeelarious.
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2015
Safi
Safi marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2015
Deby Sihombing
Deby Sihombing marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Camil
Camil is currently reading it
Feb 02, 2015
Sian
Sian added it
Dec 22, 2014
Sailor
Sailor added it
Nov 12, 2014
Scott
Scott marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
K
K marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Madeline Austin
Madeline Austin marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Marina Olivera
Marina Olivera marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Unlovable (2 books)
  • Unlovable
Unlovable The Pain Tree and Other Teenage Angst-Ridden Poems Romeo and Juliet Unlovable: The Complete Collection Unlovable Vol. 3 (Vol. 3)  (Unloveable)