Start by marking “Love and Rockets, Vol. 25: High Soft Lisp” as Want to Read:
Love and Rockets, Vol. 25: High Soft Lisp

Love and Rockets, Vol. 25: High Soft Lisp (Complete Love and Rockets #25)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  111 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Five six. Hundred twenty-eight pounds. Forty-three twenty-two thirty-six. High soft lisp. Genius level I.Q. That 's how motivational speaker Mark Herrera sums up Rosalba Fritz Martinez, bombshell, former punkette, former psychiatrist, Z movie star in this supremely sexy, constantly surprising graphic novel. And Herrera should know, being only one of many to fall under Frit ...more
Published April 6th 2010 by Fantagraphics Books (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Love and Rockets, Vol. 25, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love and Rockets, Vol. 25

Zack! Empire
I would like to start off by saying that the description of this book is misleading. Rosalba Martinez, better know as "Fritz", is one of the main characters of the book, but I would say it's more about her ex-husband, Mark Herrera. The book deals with their relationship, both leading up to their marriage, and after they are divorced.
I liked that this book presented things in a realistic way. Well, realistic fantasy way. There are people in your life who are in your life and it's not really by c
Kate Savage
This Hernandez bros. offering gives a look at Fritz, the voluptuous, sexy, psycotherapist-turned-B actress- cousin of Luba (see their title Luba for more).

As usual, Gilbert and Beto deliver the story of a woman who makes odd choices. Fritz owns her sexuality but spends it with, frankly, losers. This story is told mostly from the point-of-view of one of her ex-husbands. Fritz is a pretty fascinating character. If you liked Love and Rockets and Luba, you'll enjoy this.
sweet pea
although this book is ostensibly about Fritz, we view her through others' thoughts, mostly her ex-husband Mark. it's entertaining, of course, because it's Beto. but it certainly doesn't have the depth of some of his other work.
Alex
Not quite at the same level, in my opinion, as his usual work, alas. Still very readable, though.
Mejix
One of the sections was included in the Best American Comics book, I believe 2007. First time I read it I really enjoyed it. Reading it in the context of the book it seemed to me less interesting.
Karla
This backstory explores new territory in Fritzie's painful youth and failed marriages. Sometimes hard to read, but worth the pathos.
William Thomas
All too often, the Hernandez Bros work is heart-achingly heartbreaking.
Rolando
Contains one really good story--"Fritz After Dark."
Vee
A cool tale by Gilbert Hernandez. I'm a fan.
Jacqueline
Jacqueline marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Jake
Jake marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Kim Hufford
Kim Hufford marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Jonas Magnusson
Jonas Magnusson marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Pejoti
Pejoti marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2014
Helyn
Helyn marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Gilbert and his brother Jaime Hernández often write together under the name "Los Bros Hernandez".

Gilbert Hernandez, born in 1957, enjoyed a pleasant childhood in Oxnard, California, with four brothers and one sister. In Gilbert’s words, they were “born into a world with comic books in the house.” His childhood enthusiasm for the medium was equaled only by his appetite for punk rock.

Initiated by ol
More about Gilbert Hernández...
Palomar: The Heartbreak Soup Stories Love and Rockets, Vol. 1: Music for Mechanics Heartbreak Soup Love and Rockets: New Stories #1 Sloth