Start by marking “Brotherhood of Betrayal” as Want to Read:
Brotherhood of Betrayal

Brotherhood of Betrayal

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  14 reviews
"Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples," Jesus said (John 13:35, NLT). Why then are Christians noted for their hateful judgment of each other? Brotherhood of Betrayal illustrates the ugliness of the betrayal syndrome that festers inside the Christian church. Respected missionary pastor Clay McCain leaves his family and growing church i ...more
Published September 20th 2003 by Multnomah Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Brotherhood of Betrayal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brotherhood of Betrayal

Amanda
I picked this book because the cover looked (and the title sounded) like a cop novel. Which I am all about. If I had taken the time to read the back cover I would have put it back on the shelf and moved on. I rarely read 'religious' fiction. I'm glad I didn't in this case! I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit preachy, but it used a families tragic story to show how churches and pastors can religiously abuse their members. Fear of and actual harsh treatment, lack of care or empathy and shunni ...more
Kristen
For some reason, this book has stuck with me over the years. It may be that the storyline is so realistic and disturbing. It may be that I have many friends that are missionaries. It may be that we can say "that could never happen to me" or "I would never do that" - yet there is no guarantee that I (or someone around me) will yield to temptation in such a way.
Rachel
I thought this book was a great idea...poorly told. The writing was so bad I could not believe a major book company published it. The characters were very one-dimensional and the conversation was very very werid and unrealistic. The story idea was great. I think this book should have had some major help before being published.
Staci
Have you heard about Randall Arthur's newest book, Forgotten Road? If you enjoyed Brotherhood of Betrayal, you are in for a treat. You can watch the trailer for Forgotten Road here:

Wendell
I loved Brother Hood of Betrayal
i just learned that the Wisdom Hunter author is releasing a new novel. i saw it on his website, RandallArthur.com. The reviews look impressive. i see he's also releasing a children's book
Elaine
This book caused me to hurt for the characters. The writer is able to touch you and let you feel the hurt, confusion, and hopelessness and then lift them out of their despair by the wise counsel of Jason.

Recommend this book.
Michelle Polk
A wonderful book meant to stir thoughts about how Christians should treat their "brothers" in the Lord. How they should treat people...PERIOD!

Jason Faircloth is at it again- bringing in the lost sheep!
Hippie
This book was great! I just learned that the Wisdom Hunter author is releasing a new novel. I saw it on his website, RandallArthur.com. The reviews look impressive. I see he's also releasing a children's book.
Staceydz
This book was so slow paced and the writing so basic I just couldn't waste anymore time with it. I got about half way through and called it good.
Vicki
This book grabbed me and I read about 100 pages per night until the last 100 pages. I was a little disappointed with the ending.
Csanderson
Dec 26, 2012 Csanderson marked it as to-read

This book was very good. I was conflicted on the ending as it haunted me for several days!
Regina Kitto
good book must say I enjoyed the other two more than this one. still a goof read.
Dana
good thoughts about not being to far right or left.
David Vanness
Mar 14, 2012 David Vanness marked it as to-read
Shelves: books-i-have
My copy is 470 pages Library Hard-Back binding.
Winefred
Winefred marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Alice Blackwelder
Alice Blackwelder marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Brent Meyers
Brent Meyers marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
Luciana Da silva
Luciana Da silva is currently reading it
Feb 12, 2014
Robert Brunck
Robert Brunck marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2014