Start by marking “Health and Light” as Want to Read:
Health and Light

John Nash Ott

Health and Light

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  6 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The story of John Ott's discovery of the role light plays in sustaining physical health is one of the true scientific breakthroughs of the last half century. It is the story of an observant, intelligent man who acted upon his observations and then supported them with scientific exploration. Health and Light has led many people to a greater understanding of the subtle role ...more
Mass Market Paperback
Published by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Health and Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Health and Light

John Augustine
Really liked the narrative. This is a true story, and although it is not a true academic work, it sheds a lot of, sorry, light on the subject of light as it pertains to the human animal: its effects and uses. I assumed this book would be crap, so I was pleasantly surprised by both an actual narrative and information garnered in a mostly scientific way, accidental as the light experiments were.
Abram
This was a very interesting book, although much of it was over my head due to a lack of medical knowledge and biological processes I still gleaned some very neat things about how natural light stimulates and effects our health and overall well being. Now off to the garden to get some light and grow wholesome foods... oh wait its still winter.
Ann West
Ann West marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2015
Lora
Lora marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Callie
Callie marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
N
N marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Dan S
Dan S marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2014
Vanessa Velasquez
Vanessa Velasquez marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2013
Linsey Paik
Linsey Paik marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2013
Stephanie Kreiner
Stephanie Kreiner marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2013
Selina Tarin
Selina Tarin is currently reading it
Feb 03, 2013
Tania Coppel
Tania Coppel marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2012
My Ivory Cellar; [The Story of Time-Lapse Photography] Light, Radiation, And You: How To Stay Healthy Exploring the Spectrum: The Effects of Natural and Artificial Light on Fundamental Biological Processes and Health The Bishop Reformed: Studies Of Episcopal Power And Culture In The Central Middle Ages My Ivory Cellar: The Story of Time-Lapse Photography (Classic Reprint)