Start by marking “Paragon (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #3)” as Want to Read:
Paragon (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #3)

Paragon (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #3)

3.57  ·  Rating Details ·  2,771 Ratings  ·  82 Reviews

The ruthless cunning of the Sith Order has served the shipwrecked crew of the Omen well on the alien planet Kesh. Subjugating the superstitious Keshiri race by posing as its fabled overlords has ensured the Sith's survival—while they struggle in secret to return to the stars. But after fifteen years on their adopted world, some among the lost tribe have grown restless and

Published February 9th 2010 by LucasBooks (first published February 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Paragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paragon

Leeanna
May 06, 2010 Leeanna rated it liked it
Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith #3: Paragon, by John Jackson Miller

Finally, there's some action in this ebook series! Lost Tribe of the Sith is a series to provide back story for the new Fate of the Jedi books. "Paragon" is the third installment.

All Star Wars fans know that if you leave two Sith in a room only one Sith is going to come out. The same is true of the crashed Sith on Kesh - their numbers are slowly dwindling, cut down by mainly by sabotage.

The native population of Kesh are now t
Alex
Mar 17, 2015 Alex rated it it was amazing
Avery Delany
Aug 02, 2012 Avery Delany rated it liked it
The further I get into this series, the more interesting it gets and the more I like it.

I like the fact that there are twists in this series as well, it keeps me from getting bored where I otherwise would be. It was interesting having this book follow Seelah and it brought her character into a new light, especially as at first she was presented as a spoilt, childish woman.

I find it quite interesting that so many SW fans seem to dislike the political aspects of this series (and of other series in
Igor
Mar 17, 2016 Igor rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Loved the hints of Naga Sadow time and the main story develops great... or to be precise Sith like.
Kevis Hendrickson
Feb 19, 2010 Kevis Hendrickson rated it it was ok
I'm a bit torn about my feelings about this series. On one hand, I relish the thought of reading new adventures set in the Star Wars universe. However, I really don't find any of the characters interesting and find that the humanized version of the Sith are paltry replacements for the likes of Darth Maul, Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, and their ilk. Truth be told, I like my Sith Lords wicked, ruthless, and downright EVIL!

Although it's kind of clever to create a cast of Sith Lords who are more like
Amy
What I don’t like about these books is their form – as short stories – what I mean is, that reading them as one book wouldn’t work for me because I want to take it sequentially and therefore I’d have to stop at one point and star another book because the last two stories are after some other books, at least according the time-line. And reading them as separate books is also not the same because they’re too short to build up some atmosphere and suspense, not a very good one, though I admit that t ...more
Sacha Valero
May 16, 2016 Sacha Valero rated it really liked it
In this third installment of the Lost Tribe series we find that fifteen years have passed. Seelah has been in charge of the nursery for new young Sith that have been born since arrival. As part of her job she has taken to learning the blood lines of all of the new children and it's clear she has an adjenda.

Ravalan is sent off by Korsin, the Grand Lord, to investigate an algae for beneficial properties. The following day the uvak riders return telling of a pandemic that has swept the areas Ravala
Julianne Redmon
Oct 25, 2016 Julianne Redmon rated it it was amazing
Paragon is full of intrigue and suspense. So far my favorite book in the series!

The characters are revealing more of themselves as the story progresses. With the Sith it is all about power and domination, not only over the native Keshiri but over each other. Seelah is taking it even farther by trying to "perfect" the way that the Sith look. I have disliked her since she was first introduced in Precipice and in Paragon she is so vile she makes my skin crawl. We find out more about her history and
Ken
Jul 27, 2011 Ken rated it it was ok
This is set a few years after the Sith crash landed in Kesh and they have now taken the place of the Skyborn in the Kesh people. The non-human Siths want to escape but Korsin know well enough that they are stuck on this planet forever.

So Siths being Sith devised a plot to wipe out the native Kesh population but only to have the plan backfired and used by another person to get rid of the non-human Sith. At the same time Adari is beginning to see the true nature of the Siths and is planning a way
Jeff
Aug 08, 2012 Jeff rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, star-wars
Things are heating up in this series. Until now, it seems like John Jackson Miller was kind of setting the scenario, but now we're starting to get a little more conflict, which is what Star Wars is really all about.

The writing is solid, but sometimes the actions of the characters or their motivations are a little difficult to understand. It could be because I was reading it really quickly, but I would imagine it is due more to the format: short e-books don't lend themselves well to deepening the
Cameron
Jun 14, 2010 Cameron rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Paragon, I must admit, impressed me. While very little happened in the first two entries of this series, this one actually had a lot going on. There are a couple of twists and a cliffhanger ending that has me excited to read the conclusion. I didn't even mind the main character switching again, as following Seelah actually made her an enjoyable character. It's made me excited to see who the main character of the conclusion will be.

While this entry was quite exciting, it relies heavily on the set
logankstewart
Oct 31, 2011 logankstewart rated it liked it
This series is improving as it moves along. This third volume, Paragon, adds a characteristic Sith touch to the story, as well as yet another POV from a different character, the widow Seelah. By now, the Omen has been marooned on Kesh for 15 years, but the Sith are still hoping to get off the planet. During this time, many changes have come to the native Keshiri, some good, some not.

Paragon is the longest of the ebooks so far, taking a bit under an hour to read and enjoy. It accomplishes its ta
Mel
Oct 21, 2013 Mel rated it really liked it
Up until now, I have interpreted the Sith on Kesh as a nationality or a culture, but in this eBook story Seelah is definitely attempting to take them in a more sinister route. And the ending suggests that Adari is beginning to realise this.
I like the way the story is progressing throughout the Ebook series. It still doesn't feel overly like it belongs to the Star Wars universe, the references aren't in your face and so far I think this is a series that even Star Wars dislikers would enjoy purely
Yves
Jan 02, 2012 Yves rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars, sf
Il y a maintenant 15 ans que les Sith sont sur la planète Kesh. Il y exercent leur domination depuis ce temps. Malheureusement, une étrange maladie commence à décimer la population native de la planète. L'inquiétude des Sith apparait lorsque les leurs commencent aussi à mourir.

Voilà une courte histoire intéressante. Ce n'est pas ce qui s'est fait de mieux de Star Wars mais lorsque c'est donné, pourquoi trop s'en plaindre. Comme les deux précédents tomes, les ebooks sont disponibles gratuitement.
Ariel
Mar 01, 2011 Ariel rated it liked it
Plot: The plot in this one was much more intense. It kept me more interested than the past ones, but I still felt like it was too short.

Characters: The characters didn't change much from the past books.

Setting: The place they are at is the same, but they did move around a little and reconstructed their buildings.

Overall: I feel like this series is being hurriedly put together. I don't dislike it, and I do plan on finishing it, but I wish the stories from book to book flowed together better.
Juanctoledo
Sep 10, 2015 Juanctoledo rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars-novels
Los Sith comienzan a hacer de las suyas, no sólo entre los nativos, una extraña enfermedad va acabando con ellos poco a poco. Así mismo, comienzan los movimientos por el poder. La principal protagonista de este volumen es la esposa del Sith al poder, Seelah; cuya trama se mezcla entre vivencias previas al choque del Omen en Keshiri, para llegar al acto final de este capítulo de Las Tribus Pérdidas Sith. Un poco enredado el diferenciar el pasado y el presente en este capítulo.
Christian Smith
Jan 15, 2016 Christian Smith rated it really liked it
As these books continue. They're getting slowly better. The people that live on this planet that the sith have crashed onto our becoming more and more like slaves and less and less servants of God's. At the end we finally get to see them stand up against the sith. It's getting better and better I must say I started the series kind of disappointed. It's getting a lot better. Again I do wish it would improve more
Adam
Aug 17, 2010 Adam rated it it was ok
These ebooks are getting slightly better. That is mostly because they are building off the first two so it finally feels like there is some consistency in what is happening. Still, each one is so short that you can't feel that involved in the characters and time moves very quickly in the series so there isn't that much time to get attached to anyone. But at least some things started happening in this one.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
This is back to being on the same level as the first one was, I found it interesting but not all that great. It took me a second to realize the time skip at the beginning so I was a tad confused, but then after that it became kind of tedious. It also moves to slow in some areas and then too fast in others. I do with that they had more substance so that the characters could be more relate-able. It was interesting reading about Naga Sadow and such though.
Ash Thames
Jul 14, 2011 Ash Thames rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
This book picks up the pace again as you start to see the plans within cunning plans that are characteristic of the Sith. Each has their own ideas of living on the planet Kesh as welk as their own ambitions. We are able to see the result of the struggles here and a glimpse into future plans of this new Sith place.
This was more a tense read than an exciting one, as it promises more self serving machinations to be read in the next story.
Shawn Fairweather
Similar to Skyborn, Paragon starts off with some pretty stationary filler however after the first 2 chapters, things start happening. The suspense continues to build nicely and has turned this series into a bit of a suspense thriller that is getting harder to put down. The storyline does seem to be a bit too simple for a Star Wars piece. At times I do miss some of the complexity that occurs in some of the other stories. Still worth reading though.
Stephanie
Jul 27, 2011 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, star-wars
I'm not even sure what to say about this. I could guess what was going to happen, but the story was still told well enough that I didn't mind. It's almost painful reading this though...reading about the terrible things the Sith do. But I guess that's something I have to get used to if i'm going to be reading this series now. I guess the hard thing about this story arch is that there are no good guys. No Jedi to make the world right. No big battle of good vs evil. Just evil.
Gerold Whittaker
Apr 30, 2011 Gerold Whittaker rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, ebook
It is 15 years after the ship Omen crashed on a remote world and the Sith are still struggling to find a way home. Suddenly, whole villages are dying off without any apparent reason. Are they they dying from natural causes or is someone responsible?

A free ebook, downloaded through Kobo.
William Allen
Feb 19, 2011 William Allen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone who likes Star Wars
Recommended to William by: Nobody
Actually liked this one quite a bit. Imagine a whole society based on the treachery of the Sith of Star Wars. And I do mean treachery. Plans within plans within plans. The plot actually got very interesting in this one. It's too bad it took two books to get to this point. Keep on keepin on with them. It's actually worth it so keep on reading.
Kristiyan Bonev
May 18, 2016 Kristiyan Bonev rated it liked it
Generally, a good story. It goes deeper and by reading it one can get a clearer vision ot the first two books. I think I might got used to the writing style, so it no longer seems that hard. With every book read from this series, it gets better.
Blain
Jan 21, 2011 Blain rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle
See my review of all books in this series on the page for the first book Precipice

Teri
Jan 12, 2012 Teri rated it it was ok
The books seem to be getting a bit better, but I'm still having a hard time reading them because they're so choppy. Also, I seem to get to an interesting part and suddenly it's done. It's like the focus is on the "small stuff" rather than on the real action.
Petra
Jan 24, 2012 Petra rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-book
I would say - you can add up all "The lost Tribe of the Sith" books to the length of a real book.
After every book (4 Chapter) is a sneakpeak for other StarWars Books, that is about 1/4 of the lenght of the tribe book. So I have the feeling these are mainly advertiser books for the other ones!
Matt
Feb 22, 2012 Matt rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Nerds
Best one of the series yet. Still a little confused as to what's going on. The point of view can very difficult to follow. But still a pretty interesting read. Looking forward to reading the next one.
Arlene Kellas
Jun 26, 2013 Arlene Kellas rated it liked it
Shelves: star-wars
I still don't like how the series is broken up. it should be one book. This was a short story, but so far one of the best.

The deviousness of Seelah in this book is addicting. The twist at the end completely caught me off guard.
  • Jedi Twilight (Star Wars: Coruscant Nights, #1)
  • The Hive (Star Wars: Clone Wars, Short Story)
  • Saboteur (Star Wars:  Darth Maul, #1)
  • Fool's Bargain (Star Wars)
  • Vortex (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #6)
  • Fatal Alliance (Star Wars: The Old Republic, #3)
  • Deceived (Star Wars: The Old Republic, #2)
  • Siege (Star Wars: Clone Wars Gambit, #2)
  • A Practical Man (Star Wars: Boba Fett)
  • Ylesia (Star Wars: The New Jedi Order, #14.5)
  • Allies (Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi, #5)
  • Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (Star Wars: The Lando Calrissian Adventures, #3)
  • Red Harvest
20028
John Jackson Miller has spent a lifetime immersed in the worlds of fantasy and science fiction. He's known for his Star Wars work, including Star Wars: Knight Errant, his national bestselling novel from Del Rey; Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, his e-book series with more than a million downloads; and his long-running Knights of the Old Republic comics series. His Overdraft: The Orion Offensive ...more
More about John Jackson Miller...

Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith (8 books)
  • Precipice (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #1)
  • Skyborn (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #2)
  • Savior (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #4)
  • Purgatory (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #5)
  • Sentinel (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #6)
  • Pantheon (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #7)
  • Secrets (Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith, #8)