Start by marking “That Kiss In The Rain” as Want to Read:
That Kiss In The Rain

That Kiss In The Rain

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  1,147 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Love Is The Weather Of Love..
Published December 1st 2009 by Srishti Publishers & Distributers

To ask other readers questions about That Kiss In The Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That Kiss In The Rain

Saburi
This book sucks! Worst than Ekta Kapoor's worst daily soaps! Don't even try wasting your precious time reading this! Not Good!
Aks
Aug 29, 2011 Aks added it
Shelves: i-own

The characters failed to hold ground..

Personal Take: Waste of 205 pages!!
Ankita
the pages opened up my thinking to how a girl`s life can turn wrong like in a jiffy...How a girl has to protect herself frrom getting polluted in every step of life
But A very sad n frustrating story...Pallavi`s life is sad from start to end..She z enjoying it in her own way...But we dont want a girl having to go through that much.Swadha`s start was sad...but her life looked hopeful towards end...Haasil`s life sad..Palki z alive.Hopefully she gets cured totally n hopefully she gets to meet Haasil
Misha Dcruz
Unbelievably touching.

I didn't want the book to end at all. I enjoyed every bit of it. Haasil & Palki's love, Pallavi's upsetting love, Swadha's...... Uff !

Am just too much in love with the book and the way Novoneel thinks, feels and expresses.

And one more thing, I've read this book almost 6-7 years ago... But the goosebumps I felt when I read the story was beyond compare.
Sukesha Dutta
I'm still having the hangover... "Pallavi" is brilliant...the characters are like real flesh n blood...but want some brighter hues of life...it made me feel only the "grey"...life is not all about gloom.

Thanks a lot for giving the chance 2 experience such instances...
Mridani Pandey
the story line was perfect...all d characters were really sharp n attractive.....a book that takes a while for u to understand n ones u do u ganna love it...its a treat worthwhile....
Tanvi Deshpande
its kinda OK..i really felt sad for pallavi...it gets boring in the middle..its not sooo gud..worth of reading 1nce..i think its draagged..bt fyn
Madhura
a good one to read..
" LOVE IS THE REASON TO REMAIN SANE ALL LIFE AND YET IT IS AN EXCUSE TO BE INSANE IN ALL THE MOMENTS THAT MAKE UP A LIFE . "
Panditbalaguruji
love story of three girls with one boy. Almost the story is predictable
Kanika Narula
really niuce
must read
Kunal Bhardwaj
Its a 3.7 from my side.
Krishna Kumar
With so much of clarifications in writing, this author, I feel has given his best. I could easily put myself in the author's shoes and I could understand that he wanted this novel to be perfectly written that is without any grammatical or editing errors. His choice of words are excellent. I personally love all his status upates that he used to share in facebook. Each one an unique and that made me to buy his novel eventually. He didnt want to overload his novel with same words again and again. B ...more
Sreesha Divakaran
I guess I was too carried away with “how about a sin tonight”, which I have given 3 stars to, but I will probably be taking some points out of it, due to the terrible book that this one is. In fact, how about was also just average, but some of the author’s ideas reflected some of mine, hence the “carried away” feeling.
This one is just an immature piece of writing. In Swadha, I have found a wet tissue paper of a female character, mooning over a married boss waiting for his wife to die. In Pallavi
Abhilash Ruhela

So, on the same day, I am done reading Novoneel Chakraborty's second novel- That Kiss in the Rain. This is a 204 pages novel which also has the tagline- "Love is the weather of life". This book is yet another book by Srishti Publication while Novoneel C is one of those writers who turned Bestseller with Srishti and later left it for Random House Publication at the time when his 3rd book was about to come in market. Novoneel has surprisingly done very well since the start of his writing career.
Subhashree Chanda
Awesome work novoneel! really a wonderful work. its one of the best novel I have read till date.
you have gave new meanings to discover love through your story.
there wasn't a single moment when I felt bored while reading. each page was bringing a new twist n surprise.
I am so much carried away with haasil & palki's true luv, and yes Offcourse pallavi's luv too bt felt bad for her in the end.
your story ended up with a continuation, hope to read a sequel of this book quite soon.
Amit Khemka
A light read ...... The only good thing was how haasil describe pallavi when he comes to knw abt the truth ...... Rest the story cud have been interesting but than the logic was missing like bollywood most of the times
Srinivasan
seriously one of the nicest book i ever read till date... the urge to mark my review hear soon after completing with the book.. shows my strong opinion....
the novel was erotic here n there... but in face book there was a gud review esply from girls... i thot that there must b sumthing beyond.. wat i was reading.. well i was only in early stages of the book..... but it was nearly after half the book where the actual story started... at page 11 of the book " dino said u looked like her girlfriend
Girish
Aweome one,

it wont let you distract... by anything
really touching
Aratrika Paul
i read this book when i was in school..i loved it then !
Omkar Phutane
ygeghuihfdsoijm
Garvit Nangia
I rate the book 3.5 out of 5. From the starting it looked like the same old normal romantic love stories you read, certain times felt a story for a Bollywood movie, but as it progressed it showed the various shades of life. It showed what today's generation do when they experience adolescence or during their early 20s. The end was perfect and left me with a feeling, that no matter what life has to go on.
I just want to ask one question from the author, that are you planning for a sequel to it or
Sindhuja Thirunavukkarasu
In the book of 204 pages, the story kicks off from 103rd page!!
Rohan
The best part that i found is the NARRATION..beyond superb!! Every woman wound find both a PALLAVI n a SWADHA in herself! U cn almst alwz feel 4 both des close 2 lyf characters. The timeline has ben maintained aptly. Down d years, the events r wat kip throwing LIGHT on des GREY characters. The tale picks up real pace post d larger dan lyf twist smwer in d middle, n is maintained almst til d end. The last 2 pages only add 4 a difernt phase altogether, much 2 my likin :)
Sapphire
The central character Haasil is suffering from amenesia. Three people Pallavi,Swadha,Palki....three people whom he should remember but doesn't.
He knows he loves his wife to his soul but the twist is when the four life gets involved with each other.
The intresting part of the story is when the lifes of the character intermingle.First half is so-so,but the story picks up pace in the second half and is intresting.
Worth a read for Pallavi's attitude atleast.
Ashish
there is just one moment of thrill in the story and rest is just what we can predict. also the language used is very much of daily usage. its would be easily understood to all the first time readers. but its surely one time book and its also romantic.
Manu
Its an interesting book at first u'll find it difficult to understand bt later u flow accordingly. Pallavi is the character i loved the most and the author described it beautifully.
Meghant Parmar
It starts on a good note but loses the plot midway. It has been tried to make more dramatic but certainly not up to the mark.

Not worth reading.
Akshay Shah
A good book to read..something new and something predictable. overall good book to read for people who love to read wild and naughty books.
That Kiss in the Rain 3 37 Sep 24, 2013 08:32AM
  • OOPS! 'I' fell in love! just by chance...
  • A Dilli-Mumbai Story ...when Love Won Over Terror
  • Love, A Rather Bad Idea
  • Anything Else But Love
  • Love @ Facebook
  • Love Was Never Mine
  • Tea for two and a piece of cake
  • Pink Or Black
  • Almost Single
  • Just Friends
  • Few Things Left Unsaid
  • I'm not twenty four...I've been nineteen for five years...
  • Keep The Change
  • Are You The One For Me
Novoneel Chakraborty's books have touched thousands of souls across India. He is a full time author, screenwriter and a blogger.
More about Novoneel Chakraborty...
A Thing Beyond Forever How About A Sin Tonight? EX ...a twisted love story Marry Me, Stranger EX:...a twisted love story

“half the headaches in a man's life involve woman and half the heartaches in a woman's life are because of a man.” 4 likes
“Half the headaches in a man’s life involve a women and half the heartaches in a women life are because of a men.” 1 likes