Lady Gaga: Behind The Fame

Lady Gaga: Behind The Fame

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  22 reviews
In little over a year Lady Gaga has rocketed from struggling as a performer in New York to the glamorous life of a worldwide phenomenon. From her outrageous outfits to elaborate live shows and out-spoken politics, her life is one grand performance. In "Lady Gaga: Behind the Fame," Emily Herbert goes behind the costumes and the gossip to find out how Stefani Germanotta, the...more
Published March 9th 2010 by Overlook TP (first published February 1st 2010)

Sherri
Lady Gaga's music has been played a lot in my house. I love her music. This book was a great insight to this strange and very talented woman. It goes from her childhood through her Bad Romance single and meeting the Queen of England. It was nice to see what the story is behind why Lady Gaga does and why she dresses the way she does. She is truely an amazing artist that I hope will be around for a long time, and since she writes her own music it makes her all the more unique!
Forrest
Yeah, I'm a Lady Gaga fan, but this book was choppily put together by piecing interviews and such together. The book informed me of a lot and gave me some good background into Lady Gaga's life, but the interview pieces really screwed up the flow of the book. Overall, I would never re-read this for the writing and wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless you are a fan of Lady Gaga. Then you can say you read it.
Rachel
Apr 10, 2010 Rachel rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: gaga fans: if you can be bothered.
if you're a gaga fan it tells you what you already know. and seeing as she's a relatively new talent, there isn't much to know. focused on her life in the spotlight; her eccentricity and talent. gives little background on her life before fame came knocking. it gives you a good snippet but nothing fantastic. i also didn't really enjoy the writer's style and her lack of originality.
Heidi
Based solely on literary style(not on the fact that I like Lady Gaga), this book was mediocre. The author repeats herself many, many times making this short read a bit of a snoozefest. The book is packed with plenty of pictures which doesn't make up for, but certainly distracts from the repetitiveness.
☠ Ranaar
I feel like Lady Gaga has tooken over my lfe cause i <3 her so much!
I can't remember the concept of this book so fasssssssst!
Julia Batchelder
Apr 26, 2010 Julia Batchelder is currently reading it
I love Lady Gaga!!!!
Pooch MacKenzie
Lady GaGa may be outrageously dressed and her performances may shock and awe. Whether you enjoy her or not, keep in mind that she is both an artist and a fan of art. This book completely changed the way I see Mother Monster as an artist. Everything she does, says, and wears seems to have some sort of underlying meaning, symbolism, or inside joke, all of which adds depth to her work. Her teacup, videos, stage antics, costumes, the fact that she can sing and dance while in heels and not miss a not...more
Patricia
I really enjoyed reading this biography about Lady Gaga because I felt it was one of the best books that really tell you about Stefani Germanotta and her life as a catholic student. This bio was very well written and just the pictures alone are great. This doesn't go very in to detail in her love story and doesn't really go into detail how she goes from being the catholic student to a pop star. It also says a lot of her quotes and parts of interviews. This biography focuses a lot on how shes a w...more
Ashley
This book was very interesting and detailed about Gaga's life. Lady Gaga's life has always interested me, especially how she became famous. The Fame is what made Gaga famous and where she is now. This book is something I would recommend to other fans of Lady Gaga.
Candace
Lame bio that basically rehashes what little is known about Lady Gaga and her rise to fame. Style more than a bit breathless and gushing. This is best suited to the reader who just has to know whatever there is to know about Stefani Germanotta.
Rebecca
I really enjoyed reading this biography of lady gaga and would recommend it to and lady gaga fans. It really gets under the skin of lady gaga and I learnt a lot of things about her that I didn't know. Well worth a read
Benjamin Zabin
This book told the inside story of Lady Gaga. I learned so much about the crazy popstar who isn't crazy at all. I learned that she actually has a facinating life behind her "Poker Face"
Tara Brabazon
Not great. This is a very basic pop biography. The best parts of it are the statements by Lady Gaga herself. But a very basic book and a very low level of interpretation.
Desiree
It's very interesiting and you learn a lot about her ,she even likes the F-Bomb.I'm not done reading it yet but the picyures are also really interesting too!! :)
Stefani
I'v learned SOOO much about her I could only question. Thought A was Gaga myself! I understand everything, It clear, and I just love this book cuz it's GAGA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andre
I love Gaga, but this book felt like a waste of time. Seems more like a collection of tabloid articles than a biography.
Teanna
May 11, 2010 Teanna marked it as to-read
Shelves: own
Birthday present from my best friend because I just might have a Lady Gaga obsession. Oops. :)
Marleyashlyn
I thought it was a goood book and maybe i will read it again when i get time:)
Max
Loved it just because its well GAGA!!!!
Richie Kelly
a really good biography, actually.
Sami Priest
It was awesome.
#1 Litte
love it
Jennifer Fenkanyn
Jennifer Fenkanyn marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Denny Patterson
Denny Patterson marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2014
Lilbookworm
Lilbookworm is currently reading it
Jul 26, 2014
Claudia Lucas
Claudia Lucas marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Oksana Joyce
Oksana Joyce marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Rayann
Rayann marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
2nd Period Langua...: Janelle Book 3 5 6 May 15, 2014 06:08AM
Michael Jackson: King of Pop: 1958-2009 Stephen Gately and Boyzone: Blood Brothers Lady Gaga: Queen of Pop Matt Smith: The Biography Katie and Peter: Too Much in Love: The Inside Story of Their Break-Up