Start by marking “Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)

Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  2,877 ratings  ·  181 reviews
Known throughout for his prowess in the bedroom, Morgan Lyons, the eighth Earl of Westcliffe, cannot forgive an unpardonable affront to his honor. Discovering his young bride in the arms of his brother was a staggering blow—so he banished the beautiful deceiver to the country and devoted himself to the pursuit of carnal pleasure.

Claire Lyons was an innocent, frightened gir
Published October 26th 2010 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Passions of a Wicked Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passions of a Wicked Earl

Shawna
3 ½ stars – Victorian/Historical Romance

I’m a fan of Lorraine Heath’s and have enjoyed every book of hers that I’ve read, especially her Scoundrels of St. James series and contemporary romances, Hard Lovin' Man and Smooth Talkin' Stranger. So I was really excited about her new London’s Greatest Lovers series. Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed with the series debut, Passions of a Wicked Earl, and found it to be just an okay, not great, read and overall rather unremarkable, forgettable, and
Laurie Garrison
If you like your men tortured this this one is for you. This is a nice quick read that’s full of emotions. This one starts out with Morgan lying with his mistress. Why is he with her instead of his wife? Well you’ll have to read to find out what she done that was so bad. Needless to say this one just didn’t cut it for me in the romance department. The sex is good and this has a great ending. But it got too predictable for me by the middle of the book. I really didn’t like how Claire was treated ...more
Heather
Have you ever read a book that was SO good that you couldn’t even think of what you’d like to say about it? That was Passions of a Wicked Earl. The story centers on Westcliffe and Claire, engaged from before her birth. In her fear, she does something so awful that she doesn’t interact with him for another three years, when she forces her way back into his life. By this point, he has tried in so many ways to show how little he cares about her, much of which centers around his relationship with hi ...more
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Lorraine Heath is one of a select number of authors in the world of Historical Romance whose books are automatic buys for me. PASSIONS OF A WICKED EARL, the first book in her new series, London’s Greatest Lovers, is a deeply emotional story of two people who must look beyond their feelings of hurt, fear and betrayal to discover trust and ultimately love.

Finding his young bride in bed with his own brother on their wedding night was the ultimate betrayal for Morgan Lyons, eighth Earl of Westcliffe
RomanceNovelNews.com
Written by C.M. Lessard for Romance Novel News

A bitter Earl of Westcliffe is outraged when he finds his wife Claire at his London home. He had exiled her three years ago when he caught her in the arms of his younger brother, Stephen, on their wedding night.

In need of her substantial dowry, Westcliffe remained married to Claire but banished her to their country estate without consummating their marriage. She was left alone to manage his estate while he lived the life of a bachelor in town.

Claire,
Addictive
Morgan Lyons, the Eighth Earl of Westcliffe loved pleasuring women and loved to receive pleasure as well but he could not feel anything beyond what the glide of skin on skin brought, not with any woman except his wife. Claire Lyons, his wife of but a few hours had been caught in their marriage bed with another man, his younger brother Stephen. And to think he had believed her when she had said she had been an innocent, she had even acted the part for years!
Claire Lyons had truly been untouched
4 stars

POV: 3rd Person: Westcliffe, Claire, Ainsley, Anne, Stephen
Sensuality: Hot

The first in a series about 3 brothers.

Morgan Lyons, the Earl of Westcliffe, finds pleasure in many women, but is cold and claims he has no heart. His wife betrayed him 3 years ago on their wedding night with his brother, and he has not forgiven either of them. He banished her to his country estate and has not seen her since.
Claire Lyons has returned to London for her husband's help. Her sister will be forced to mar
Sandy M
Lorraine Heath is one author who, in my eyes, can do no wrong. Her books are full of emotion and passion, characters who take up residence in your heart from page one and who you’d like to know every day of the week, a story that is compelling and heartfelt, and romance that both breaks your heart and then makes it sing. Yes, this author is one of my favorites. She always will be.

Right off the bat we get huge conflict between Morgan Lyons, the 8th Earl of Westcliffe, and his estranged wife, Clai
Christine
Unconvincing.

Claire and Morgan have been married for three years but have never lived together. Claire manages the country estate while Morgan stays in London with a string of mistresses. They had known each other for years before they were married, a long-standing arrangement, but because of their eight year age difference, Claire was closer to his younger brother, Stephen. So when Morgan finds them in bed together on their wedding night, he jumps to the conclusion that they're sleeping togeth
Kinga
The best part of this book is its title. ‘Passions of a Wicked Earl’ – look at all the promise here: there will be passion, wickedness and an earl. Sadly, while this was by no means terrible, it just fails to deliver on this titillating promise.

The hero was a bit of a jerk but not in a sexy wicked way, just in the regular asshole way. Yes, it seems like your bride cheated on you, but a) she didn’t really, did she? b) it was an arranged marriage, she barely knew you. Get over yourself.

That said,
Kelly22
3.00 Stars - Historical Romance/Victorian

Once finding his 17 year old bride in his younger brother’s arms, Morgan Lyons, the eighth Earl of Westcliffe refuses to forgive her even after three years of estrangement. Banishing his wife in a country estate since his wedding night, Westcliffe has openly taken strings of women to his bed. However, now he wishes to divorce his wife of name only and marry his much talented & too beautiful mistress.

But his very innocent wife’s new arrival to his resi
June
I actually read this series backward, with the third book I read first.
Because of it I already know what happened in Claire and Westcliffe's marriage and the black sheep brother. However it didn't make this book less enjoyable.
At first I was skeptical with the series. Based on the blurbs I thought I wouldn't like the three brothers. But Lorraine Heath manage to turn these three somewhat brooding brothers into passionate wicked likeable heroes. Still I think I like youngest brother's story in W
Stella
Feb 16, 2011 Stella rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Stella by: Netgalley
My thoughts: Though I love historical romances, (the cover and) the blurb gave me pause when I picked up this book: to start off a romance with the heroine being discovered on her wedding night in bed with the groom's brother didn't sound something I could just overlook in the heroine of a romance novel. But I put my faith in Lorraine Heath hoping she would honour romances and she did!

You soon learn at the very beginning, that on that ominous wedding night Claire was barely 17 and terrified of t
Beanbag Love
Passions of a Wicked Earl is the first installment in Lorraine Heath's "London's Greatest Lovers" trilogy. Despite a trope I actually like quite a bit, this story has some major problems.

First, the setup. Morgan Lyons, the Earl of Westcliff is married to Claire who was betrothed to him when she was a baby … possibly before. He's eight years older than she is and when they married she was barely 17. Terrified of him, she turned to his younger brother for comfort. Said younger brother being part s
Mojca
I've been dreading this book ever since I received in the mail almost two years ago, read the blurb and read the first chapter. Needless to say, it went directly back on the shelf.

...so he banished the beautiful deceiver [his young (and innocent) bride] to the country and devoted himself to the pursuit of carnal pleasure

Because when a woman just looks at a guy she's not married to she's a slut (she was a naive 17-year-old, she didn't know better) and needs to be banished to the countryside, whi
Ing
Antica
One would think that starting off with the Hero finding the Heroine, his bride in bed with another man ... His brother no less would result in me not enjoying this story so much and hating the characters, especially the Heroine.

However, I decided to indulge and listen to it till the very end and by then, I found myself really liking this book!

Both Westcliff and Claire were great characters! Claire is a compassionate, protective and very loving woman especially towards her sister and the people
Lelyana Taufik
Well okelah Westcliff cinta Claire..tipikal hero2 HR yang ga sadar kalo dia cinta sama istri nya dan istrinya yang "luar biasa sabar dan pengertian" berusaha keras membuktikan cinta nya pada suaminya, dan berusaha "memahami" "kebutuhan" suaminya bersama sang mistress... yang gila pula,sakit jiwa,terobsesi, hingga commited murder....

Mungkin bagi banyak orang cerita ini bagus, 5 bintang bla bla blah...

Tapi aku gak suka tipe hero yang lemah, (istilah Chiko : galauers), dan si Westcliff ini galauer
Linds
This is a historical regency and will be liked by those that love their heroes broody and laconic.

Claire is a seventeen year old in an arranged marriage and terrified on her wedding night to be with a stranger. Being close friends with her husband's little brother Stephen. Stephen says leave it to him, that he will get her a reprieve. Unfortunately Stephen is really drunk when he comes up with an asinine plan.

Stephen hears his brother coming and scoots into bed with her despite her protests, hi
Ana T.
I couldn't resist picking up the other books in Lorraine Heath's trilogy that ends with Waking Up with the Duke. Since "troubled marriages" and "second chance at love" are among my favourite themes in romance novels this seemed right up my alley. Not to mention the angst potential this kind of story has.

Well it definitely falls within those themes as the h/h have been married for a few years but separated after marrying due to a misunderstanding (I should say that said misunderstanding could hav
Nicole
Publisher: Avon
Publish Date: 11/1/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

I am on such a historical romance high, and Lorraine Heath kept me on Cloud 9 with this one! The first in her London’s Greatest Lovers Series, Passions of a Wicked Earl tells the story of Westcliffe, and his poor wounded ego. When Westcliffe decided to marry, and took a young wife in his neighbor Claire, things went downhill quick.

Claire was petrified at the thought of her wedding night, and asked that Westcliffe’s younger brother
Jessi
Cheater, cheater, cheater! That's the main thing I have to say about this book. I'm actually surprised that I kept reading until the end because it was apparent early on that the hero deals with the issues in his marriage by having lots of monkey sex with women that aren't his wife. Several times through the book, he runs off to his mistress (who turns out to be a psycho btw) when things get tough. I know, I know - his character arch required him to deal with the fact that he was under-loved as ...more
Slavena
I actually really enjoyed this book, sure I understand why some people did not value it as other books by the author but it was enjoyable read for me. Misunderstanding is a major plot in HR so I am not so bothered by it though this story has potential for exploring the villain more.

Claire Lyons has been married to the earl for 3 years but the marriage was never consummated because of a misunderstanding on their wedding night. Morgan Lyons is not one to easily forget or forgive. However out of ne
Sakura
I loved the book because of the ending chapters and because of certain scenes that are too sweet for words. The ending had a great grovel opportunity but Claire decides to forgive Westcliffe. Usually I’d consider that forgiving the hero too easily but in this case, my heart went out to Westcliffe.

The main problem I had with the book is that I felt Lady Anne (Westcliffe’s mistress) was too present throughout the story, she was almost in every chapter. I hated seeing the Earl visit her with gifts
Duchess Nicole
Not horribly impressed with this one. I hate when a woman practically begs the guy to sleep with her. Especially after the way that the earl treats her. I mean, the whole premise of the book is that he mistakenly thinks that she slept with his brother, so he leaves her in the country and goes to London to sleep with as many women as possible. While they are married. She's left a young virgin wife wrongly accused. Then she follows him three years later and starts chasing him around, saying "He wi ...more
Sababa
Sue
Lorraine Heath really adds something to her stories, rarely repeat, aren't filled with ploys that want me to pull my hair out or at least if they occur they are resolved quickly. She writes an entertaining story. The three brothers of this series are quite unique... the oldest and impoverished earl, the youngest a rich Duke who acts far older than his years and in the middle a true rake. But they are all endearing, their mother's story which I'm not sure is ever fully told married two powerful m ...more
Zel Polev
Melody May
Posted on What I'm Reading

So, I decided to reread Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath. I absolutely loved this story. Not because the hero, I wasn't a big fan of Westfield throughout the story. Actually it was Claire who won me over. To my surprise I still get a gut punch with this story, you would think it would ease after the fifth time. I guess I was wrong.

Anyway. Claire has decided to take her place as a wife. However, Westfield doesn't want her anymore. To give a little background
Greselley
I was searching over and over again for a nice read and I stumbled with this one. And nice was understatement. This book was GREAT AND PERFECT! I was glad I didn't miss the opportunity to read such a wonderful story. At first, I was hesitant to go through the story because of the betrayal which didn't even happened for which I was more than relieved. I realized that men who were mostly the one who are unfaithful suffer more pain than women when they demand loyalty and was denied.
I really didn't
Passions of a Wicked Earl 11 27 Nov 07, 2014 03:14PM
What is your go to book or author for re-read comfort 4 27 Oct 05, 2013 10:29PM
  • How to Marry a Duke (How To Series #1)
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Scandal of the Year (Abandoned at the Altar, #2)
  • Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)
  • Barely a Lady (The Drake's Rakes, #1)
  • All Night with a Rogue (Lords of Vice, #1)
  • How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #3)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Seducing the Duchess
  • Lessons From a Scarlet Lady (Northfield, #1)
  • Gabriel's Bride
  • To Sin With a Scoundrel (Circle of Sin, #1)
  • Notorious Pleasures (Maiden Lane, #2)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)
  • The Devil's Love
  • After the Kiss (Notorious Gentlemen, #1)
  • Pride & Passion (The Brethren Guardians, #2)
  • Seven Secrets of Seduction (Secrets, #1)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor® durin
More about Lorraine Heath...
In Bed with the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #1) Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3) Between the Devil and Desire (Scoundrels of St. James, #2) Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) She Tempts the Duke (The Lost Lords of Pembrook, #1)

“Why couldn't women understand that hate could not hurt if there was no semblance of love?” 11 likes
“Somewhere to take shelter from the elements but not the storms of life.” 1 likes