Start by marking “Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers, #1)

Passions of a Wicked Earl (London's Greatest Lovers #1)

3.84  ·  Rating Details ·  3,913 Ratings  ·  234 Reviews
“Lorraine Heath’s books are always magic.”
—Cathy Maxwell

With Passions of a Wicked Earl, USA Today and New York Times bestseller Lorraine Heath kicks off a new series of delightfully sinful historical romance novels featuring “London’s Greatest Lovers.” The first romantic adventure involving the titled and rakish sons of a scandalous Dowager Duchess and their tales of passi
Published October 26th 2010 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Passions of a Wicked Earl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Passions of a Wicked Earl

Shawna
3 stars – Victorian/Historical Romance

I’m a fan of Lorraine Heath’s and have enjoyed every book of hers that I’ve read, especially her Scoundrels of St. James series and contemporary romances, Hard Lovin' Man and Smooth Talkin' Stranger. So I was really excited about her new London’s Greatest Lovers series. Unfortunately, I was a bit disappointed with the series debut, Passions of a Wicked Earl, and found it to be just an okay, not great, read and overall rather unremarkable, forgettable, and a
Laurie Garrison
If you like your men tortured this this one is for you. This is a nice quick read that’s full of emotions. This one starts out with Morgan lying with his mistress. Why is he with her instead of his wife? Well you’ll have to read to find out what she done that was so bad. Needless to say this one just didn’t cut it for me in the romance department. The sex is good and this has a great ending. But it got too predictable for me by the middle of the book. I really didn’t like how Claire was treated ...more
Heather
Dec 08, 2010 Heather rated it it was amazing
Have you ever read a book that was SO good that you couldn’t even think of what you’d like to say about it? That was Passions of a Wicked Earl. The story centers on Westcliffe and Claire, engaged from before her birth. In her fear, she does something so awful that she doesn’t interact with him for another three years, when she forces her way back into his life. By this point, he has tried in so many ways to show how little he cares about her, much of which centers around his relationship with ...more
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
Mar 02, 2013 Carol *Young at Heart Oldie* rated it really liked it
Lorraine Heath is one of a select number of authors in the world of Historical Romance whose books are automatic buys for me. PASSIONS OF A WICKED EARL, the first book in her new series, London’s Greatest Lovers, is a deeply emotional story of two people who must look beyond their feelings of hurt, fear and betrayal to discover trust and ultimately love.

Finding his young bride in bed with his own brother on their wedding night was the ultimate betrayal for Morgan Lyons, eighth Earl of Westcliffe
boogenhagen
Dec 23, 2014 boogenhagen rated it it was ok
The writing in this isn't bad but the plot is kinda stupid. Plus I have serious issues with a guy who hooks up with a psycho and can't see it. If that is the kind of chick you're attracted to, what are you seeing in the h? The h had TSTL issues as well, and frankly I just did not believe the HEA. In short, the h was an idiot and the H wasn't the most brilliant either and the whole plot was a disappointment. I don't think these two really belonged together and the HEA part just did not work for ...more
Sandy M
Jul 21, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
Lorraine Heath is one author who, in my eyes, can do no wrong. Her books are full of emotion and passion, characters who take up residence in your heart from page one and who you’d like to know every day of the week, a story that is compelling and heartfelt, and romance that both breaks your heart and then makes it sing. Yes, this author is one of my favorites. She always will be.

Right off the bat we get huge conflict between Morgan Lyons, the 8th Earl of Westcliffe, and his estranged wife, Clai
Hasnamezied
This book is a masterpiece. I give it 5 Excellent stars . Lorraine Heath is one of my favourite writers ever . I read for her beofre Texas Destiny and Just Wicked Enough and they were awesome.
In this book, I had a mixture of feelings such as love , joy , humor and alot of sadness. There were those minutes when I couldnt stop my tears. I liked Clarie and how her character changed from being afraid from every thing to kowning what she want and going for it . The Earl of Wistcliffe had never been l
Zoe
Nov 12, 2015 Zoe rated it liked it
I started this book after a pretty bad day at work and though I'd escape into my romance stories. My expectation was "make me forget what a crappy day it was".

And it did an ok job, albeit being rather abrupt and occasionally, ridiculous. It is full of cliche and features a hero who I cannot say that I respect.

What saved the book was:

1. Lorraine Heath's writing
2. The lead characters, even though Hero was kind of an ass.

Having read quite a few Heath novels I think I respond well to her writing
RomanceNovelNews.com
Dec 08, 2010 RomanceNovelNews.com rated it really liked it
Written by C.M. Lessard for Romance Novel News

A bitter Earl of Westcliffe is outraged when he finds his wife Claire at his London home. He had exiled her three years ago when he caught her in the arms of his younger brother, Stephen, on their wedding night.

In need of her substantial dowry, Westcliffe remained married to Claire but banished her to their country estate without consummating their marriage. She was left alone to manage his estate while he lived the life of a bachelor in town.

Claire,
Addictive
Dec 10, 2011 Addictive rated it it was amazing
Morgan Lyons, the Eighth Earl of Westcliffe loved pleasuring women and loved to receive pleasure as well but he could not feel anything beyond what the glide of skin on skin brought, not with any woman except his wife. Claire Lyons, his wife of but a few hours had been caught in their marriage bed with another man, his younger brother Stephen. And to think he had believed her when she had said she had been an innocent, she had even acted the part for years!
Claire Lyons had truly been untouched
Christine
Aug 17, 2012 Christine rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
Unconvincing.

Claire and Morgan have been married for three years but have never lived together. Claire manages the country estate while Morgan stays in London with a string of mistresses. They had known each other for years before they were married, a long-standing arrangement, but because of their eight year age difference, Claire was closer to his younger brother, Stephen. So when Morgan finds them in bed together on their wedding night, he jumps to the conclusion that they're sleeping togeth
Beanbag Love
May 20, 2013 Beanbag Love rated it liked it
Passions of a Wicked Earl is the first installment in Lorraine Heath's "London's Greatest Lovers" trilogy. Despite a trope I actually like quite a bit, this story has some major problems.

First, the setup. Morgan Lyons, the Earl of Westcliff is married to Claire who was betrothed to him when she was a baby … possibly before. He's eight years older than she is and when they married she was barely 17. Terrified of him, she turned to his younger brother for comfort. Said younger brother being part s
Aug 23, 2010 Laura rated it really liked it
4 stars

POV: 3rd Person: Westcliffe, Claire, Ainsley, Anne, Stephen
Sensuality: Hot

The first in a series about 3 brothers.

Morgan Lyons, the Earl of Westcliffe, finds pleasure in many women, but is cold and claims he has no heart. His wife betrayed him 3 years ago on their wedding night with his brother, and he has not forgiven either of them. He banished her to his country estate and has not seen her since.
Claire Lyons has returned to London for her husband's help. Her sister will be forced to mar
Kinga
Jul 30, 2013 Kinga rated it liked it
The best part of this book is its title. ‘Passions of a Wicked Earl’ – look at all the promise here: there will be passion, wickedness and an earl. Sadly, while this was by no means terrible, it just fails to deliver on this titillating promise.

The hero was a bit of a jerk but not in a sexy wicked way, just in the regular asshole way. Yes, it seems like your bride cheated on you, but a) she didn’t really, did she? b) it was an arranged marriage, she barely knew you. Get over yourself.

That said,
Kelly22
3.00 Stars - Historical Romance/Victorian

Once finding his 17 year old bride in his younger brother’s arms, Morgan Lyons, the eighth Earl of Westcliffe refuses to forgive her even after three years of estrangement. Banishing his wife in a country estate since his wedding night, Westcliffe has openly taken strings of women to his bed. However, now he wishes to divorce his wife of name only and marry his much talented & too beautiful mistress.

But his very innocent wife’s new arrival to his resi
June
Jul 22, 2013 June rated it really liked it
I actually read this series backward, with the third book I read first.
Because of it I already know what happened in Claire and Westcliffe's marriage and the black sheep brother. However it didn't make this book less enjoyable.
At first I was skeptical with the series. Based on the blurbs I thought I wouldn't like the three brothers. But Lorraine Heath manage to turn these three somewhat brooding brothers into passionate wicked likeable heroes. Still I think I like youngest brother's story in W
Lelyana
Jun 07, 2012 Lelyana rated it did not like it
Well okelah Westcliff cinta Claire..tipikal hero2 HR yang ga sadar kalo dia cinta sama istri nya dan istrinya yang "luar biasa sabar dan pengertian" berusaha keras membuktikan cinta nya pada suaminya, dan berusaha "memahami" "kebutuhan" suaminya bersama sang mistress... yang gila pula,sakit jiwa,terobsesi, hingga commited murder....

Mungkin bagi banyak orang cerita ini bagus, 5 bintang bla bla blah...

Tapi aku gak suka tipe hero yang lemah, (istilah Chiko : galauers), dan si Westcliff ini galauer
Stella
Feb 16, 2011 Stella rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Stella by: Netgalley
My thoughts: Though I love historical romances, (the cover and) the blurb gave me pause when I picked up this book: to start off a romance with the heroine being discovered on her wedding night in bed with the groom's brother didn't sound something I could just overlook in the heroine of a romance novel. But I put my faith in Lorraine Heath hoping she would honour romances and she did!

You soon learn at the very beginning, that on that ominous wedding night Claire was barely 17 and terrified of t
Mojca
Feb 24, 2012 Mojca rated it it was amazing
I've been dreading this book ever since I received in the mail almost two years ago, read the blurb and read the first chapter. Needless to say, it went directly back on the shelf.

...so he banished the beautiful deceiver [his young (and innocent) bride] to the country and devoted himself to the pursuit of carnal pleasure

Because when a woman just looks at a guy she's not married to she's a slut (she was a naive 17-year-old, she didn't know better) and needs to be banished to the countryside, wh
Antica
One would think that starting off with the Hero finding the Heroine, his bride in bed with another man ... His brother no less would result in me not enjoying this story so much and hating the characters, especially the Heroine.

However, I decided to indulge and listen to it till the very end and by then, I found myself really liking this book!

Both Westcliff and Claire were great characters! Claire is a compassionate, protective and very loving woman especially towards her sister and the people
Beth
Dec 09, 2014 Beth rated it did not like it
Shelves: reviewed
I hated Morgan, HATED him. What a selfish prat. I liked Claire for the most part, but man was slightly stupid at 17. She also just let everything go even as her husband continued to see another woman right in front of her. I shouldn't have read this, I hate cheaters in stories and the gullible lovers that forgive them. I think what I hated most about Westcliffe was how terrible he was to his wife and then how sweet and kind he was to his mistress, that he didn't even like or want anymore. The ...more
Jessi
Jan 21, 2013 Jessi rated it it was ok
Cheater, cheater, cheater! That's the main thing I have to say about this book. I'm actually surprised that I kept reading until the end because it was apparent early on that the hero deals with the issues in his marriage by having lots of monkey sex with women that aren't his wife. Several times through the book, he runs off to his mistress (who turns out to be a psycho btw) when things get tough. I know, I know - his character arch required him to deal with the fact that he was under-loved as ...more
Maria
Aug 02, 2015 Maria rated it it was amazing
Very good!! I loved it!
Zel Polev
Jun 23, 2014 Zel Polev rated it did not like it
Amira
I wanted to love this book because Lorraine Heath is one of my Favorited author, but it was an okay read. I did not love the hero much at all, he was a jerk. I will read the rest of the series to see if it improved.
Leslie
Oct 18, 2010 Leslie rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, arc
When I began reading Claire and Westcliffe's story, I liked both of them but I wasn't sure if I liked them together. Sometimes you can tell right off if the hero and heroine are a good match through their initial interactions. Sometimes it's more of a feeling when they're in a scene without directly interacting. And in the case of Claire and Westcliffe it was a slow build-up. The more I saw them together, the more I liked them together. The more I got them as a couple.

When Claire arrives in Lond
Ing
Dec 15, 2010 Ing rated it it was amazing
Nicole
Oct 31, 2010 Nicole rated it really liked it
Publisher: Avon
Publish Date: 11/1/10
How I got this book: NetGalley

I am on such a historical romance high, and Lorraine Heath kept me on Cloud 9 with this one! The first in her London’s Greatest Lovers Series, Passions of a Wicked Earl tells the story of Westcliffe, and his poor wounded ego. When Westcliffe decided to marry, and took a young wife in his neighbor Claire, things went downhill quick.

Claire was petrified at the thought of her wedding night, and asked that Westcliffe’s younger brother
Ns
Jan 30, 2011 Ns rated it liked it
Passions of A Wicked Earl centers around the passionate and dramatic love affair between Morgan Lyons, Earl of Westcliffe and Claire Lyons, his estranged wife. Foolishness and naivete on both sides have ensured that from their wedding night onward, the first day of the rest of their lives together is anything but calm, peaceful and loving. Instead fury and hurt dominates their relationship, and the inability to forgive and move forward paralyzes the chances for love.

What starts off as a foolish
Ana T.
May 25, 2013 Ana T. rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I couldn't resist picking up the other books in Lorraine Heath's trilogy that ends with Waking Up with the Duke. Since "troubled marriages" and "second chance at love" are among my favourite themes in romance novels this seemed right up my alley. Not to mention the angst potential this kind of story has.

Well it definitely falls within those themes as the h/h have been married for a few years but separated after marrying due to a misunderstanding (I should say that said misunderstanding could hav
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 06, 2015 06:53AM
Passions of a Wicked Earl 11 31 Nov 07, 2014 03:14PM
What is your go to book or author for re-read comfort 4 27 Oct 05, 2013 10:29PM
  • The Way of the Heart
  • Wedding of the Season (Abandoned at the Altar, #1)
  • How to Marry a Duke (How To #1)
  • Barely a Lady (Drake's Rakes, #1)
  • All Night with a Rogue (Lords of Vice, #1)
  • Wicked Nights With a Lover (The Penwich School for Virtuous Girls #3)
  • To Sin With a Scoundrel (Circle of Sin, #1)
  • How to Woo a Reluctant Lady (Hellions of Halstead Hall, #3)
  • After the Kiss (Notorious Gentlemen, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
  • Seducing the Duchess
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
  • Lessons From a Scarlet Lady (Northfield, #1)
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • When Harry Met Molly (Impossible Bachelors, #1)
Also writes Young Adult under Rachel Hawthorne, Jade Parker, and with her son as J.A. London)

Lorraine Heath has always had a soft spot for emotional love stories. No doubt because growing up, watching movies with her mom, she was taught that the best movies "won't half make you cry."

She is the daughter of a British beauty (her mom won second place in a beauty contest sponsored by Max Factor during
More about Lorraine Heath...

London's Greatest Lovers (3 books)
  • Pleasures of a Notorious Gentleman (London's Greatest Lovers, #2)
  • Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3)

“Why couldn't women understand that hate could not hurt if there was no semblance of love?” 12 likes
“Somewhere to take shelter from the elements but not the storms of life.” 1 likes