Start by marking “Have Mercy (Project Alpha, #2)” as Want to Read:
Have Mercy (Project Alpha, #2)

Have Mercy (Project Alpha #2)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  78 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Have Mercy N.J. Walters Second in the Project Alpha series. Earth 2133 Logan is an Alpha-a genetically enhanced assassin-who has escaped from the lab that created him. He is now outside the Gate, a high-tech shield that protects the enclosed city from the contaminated and lawless land outside. Shot while evading security forces sent to eliminate him, Logan's only goal is s...more
Published June 27th 2003 by Ellora's Cave (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Have Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Have Mercy

R.E. Butler
Good follow up to Embracing Silence, the first in the Project Alpha series. In book two, we catch up to Logan (aka Alpha Two) who was mentioned in the first book as the only friend of Alpha One, Tienan.

Logan is gravely injured in a battle against the military forces from inside the Dome. He wakes up inside a small, walled city where survivors are eeking out a life. As before, it's very clear that the government/military establishment that created the dome - which seals in the wealthy along with...more
Laura (Kyahgirl)
2.5/5; 3 stars; B-

I'm going to give the same review to all three books in this series. I thought N.J. Walters was a good writer. I liked the story development, dialogue and flow of the words. I guess I've come to realize that when I'm reading a science fiction or fantasy story, I want that story....not an erotica story.
These three stories had the makings of a decent short futuristic sci-fi, but somehow I just felt it was a set up so each story could show two people meet, have some irresistible...more
MK
Compared to the first book, Have Mercy mostly focused on Logan and Mercy's feelings for one another than the supposed to be plot of the book, which is to destroy the inner city. I wish that instead of the erotica, this story should be focused more on the sci-fi part. I have observed that the action scenes are only 3-4 chapters, and the rest on emotions and sex parts.

Anyway, compared to Tienan, Logan is a soppy man, more emotional than what I like. They also fall in love fast just like the first...more
Djg
Book 2 in the futuristic Project Alpha series. 3 1/2 stars.
Logan (Alpha 2) has lost contact with Tienan his fellow Alpha and is wounded by the patrol troops. He's found by a couple of orphans who've formed a family with Mercy, a healer who lives on the northern edge of the area outside the gate. The attraction is instantaneous and intense.
Logan knows he can't stay and endanger Mercy and the kids she's protecting but he's drawn to her anyway and she to him.
Even though N.J. Walters writes shorter...more
Angela
I love this series! Ms. Walters knows how to build a world and make you live in it. I thought after reading Embracing Silence I was enamored with Tienan but, have mercy! Logan, oh Logan! (snickers)

I can't wait to read the next book and am hoping this series continues on. So if you like a futuristic, post apocalyptic world where the genetically enhanced guy gets his girl and tried to save the little people this series is for you!
Latara
Latara marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2014
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Teresa Ayala
Teresa Ayala marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Roo Barb
Roo Barb marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
shms
shms marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Marianthi
Marianthi is currently reading it
Jun 18, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Cheryl Delaguila
Cheryl Delaguila marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Chris
Chris added it
Jun 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Once upon a time N.J. had the idea that she would like to quit her job at the bookstore, sell everything she owned, leave her hometown, and write romance novels in a place where no one knew her. And she did. Two years later, she went back to the bookstore and her hometown and settled in for another seven years.

One day she gave notice at her job on a Friday morning. On Sunday afternoon, she receive...more
More about N.J. Walters...
Alexandra's Legacy (Legacy, #1) Isaiah's Haven (Legacy, #2) Legacy Found (Legacy, #3) Quinn's Quest (Legacy, #4) Finding Chrissten (Legacy, #5)