Start by marking “Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)” as Want to Read:
Highland Hellcat (Highlander, #2)

Highland Hellcat (Highlander #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  1,766 Ratings  ·  86 Reviews
He wants a wife he can control...

Connor Lindsey is a Highland laird, but his clan's loyalty is hard won and he takes nothing for granted. He'll do whatever it takes to find a virtuous wife, even if he has to kidnap her...

She has a spirit that can't be tamed...

Mass Market Paperback, 347 pages
Published October 1st 2010 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Hellcat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Hellcat

Angelc
Oct 05, 2010 Angelc rated it liked it
Brina Chattan has spent her whole life preparing to be a nun, while her two sisters would be wed to powerful members of neighboring clans. When her sister, Dierdre, has an affair before her marriage, her betrothed finds out. Connor, the Lindsey laird, doesn't want a disgraced bride, so he steals Brina while on her way to the abbey. Brina fights Connor every step of the way, but she can't deny her attraction to him. When they arrive at his home and she's spoiled by the luxuries she never would ha ...more
Samantha
Oct 07, 2010 Samantha rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
Mary Wine is a skillful storyteller who creates romantic tales full of intrigue, love and just enough flare of drama to keep readers flipping the pages.

Brina Chattan is the youngest of the Chattan daughters. Promised to the church, Brina knows her purpose in life. Of three daughters, Brina has easily accepted the reality of her father’s promise to the abbey. Though she is feisty and strong-willed, Brina believes that she will bring some good to the church and Scotland. But when her sister Deirdr
Lover of Romance
In Highland Hellcat, our story sets off with our heroine Brina Chattan is the youngest of three daughters, and her duty is to go to the Convent and be a bride of the Church. She has always known that this is her duty and honor. She never had the opportunities that her sisters did, not even to be touched by family. She has never known physical affection, or a loving embrace from her sisters or father. When her older sister breaks a betrothal contract by sleeping with another man, Connor Lindsey, ...more
Kathleen
Oct 02, 2010 Kathleen rated it liked it
The beginning was a good start then it went a little down hill from there. I really liked both the hero's and heroines characters but they bickered too much for me. The ending was good as was the bit of action that the story had. The loves scenes where not as hot as most of Mary Wines book's are but they were still well done. All and all I did like this book.
Sandy M
Jun 30, 2011 Sandy M rated it it was amazing
Shelves: historical
I’ve been wonderfully surprised with these Highlander books by Mary Wine. These are the first of her books I’ve read, and now I’d like to pick up others from her backlist. She has a wide variety to choose from. But I’m glad to find another author who writes intriguing Scottish Highlanders. That’s including heroines, despite my love of a totally alpha hero.

Connor has an agreement with the Chattan laird, needing the alliance to strengthen his backing for the eventual release of his young sister, w
Elaine
May 11, 2016 Elaine rated it it was ok
If I had to describe this book in one word I'd simply say boring. The story picks up in the last 50 pages but too little too late. I couldn't really connect with the characters. I think it may be a case of "it's me not you" and it's not really the book's fault.
Gaby
Jan 11, 2011 Gaby rated it really liked it
In Highland Hellcat, Mary Wine introduces the three Chattan daughters. The romantic lead is the third daughter of Laird Chattan - the daughter promised to the Church at birth and raised to be self-sufficient, independent and to do without praise. All her life, her family and clan have been careful not to spoil her - she's rarely complimented, always worn white and rarely given physical affection all to get her ready for the spartan existence expected of nuns.

But when her eldest sister elopes wit
Neus Gutiérrez
Sep 09, 2015 Neus Gutiérrez rated it really liked it
Gracias a dios!
otro libro de maromos con faldas que está A LA ALTURA!
Una alegría pal cuerpo =)
Me he medio enamorado de Connor... lo reconozco x)
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Oct 06, 2010 Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it it was amazing
Brina and Connor make a good couple. Great page-turning read. Full of action, romance, courage, honor, and old Scottish jacobite politics.
Zoe
Jun 19, 2015 Zoe rated it it was ok
Shelves: no-can-do
I give up. I gave this writer's books 3 tries and am sorely disappointed for all 3 times. I guess 3 times is the charm.
Katya
Jul 10, 2015 Katya rated it really liked it
Wonderful story-line, great characters and slow sizzling romance. Great Read!
Booklover1335
Nov 16, 2010 Booklover1335 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Readers first met the hero, Connor Lindsey, in To Conquer a Highlander where he was a charismatic rogue who was setting off to claim his rumored wayward betrothed bride. This book, Highland Hellcat, begins with Connor finding that his bride is no longer pure and in a dilemma of how to keep a critical clan alliance while satisfying the demands of the clan that relies on him to lead them during precarious times.

I was looking forward to this story because of the hero....to see him get his day in t
Blodeuedd Finland
This is book 2 in a series of highlanders, but you can just jump right in here. The hero in this book is mentioned in book 1 since he is a friend of that hero, but the couple from book 1 is not mentioned here. Only the hero that will be in book 3. So, no OCD troubles, you all know I like to talk about that.

Connor Lindsay is planned to marry Deirdre Chattan, but she has been naught and he is upset but still need the alliance but without people doubting if his children are his. So he does what eve
Heather Pearson
Oct 02, 2010 Heather Pearson rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I was having one of those drab days and I didn't really know what to do to lift my mood. Then I spotted a copy of Highland Hellcat . I thought to myself that a man in a kilt and a little romance might be just the remedy I needed.

"Come, my beauty, we shall see if we can impress anyone tonight with our skill."

What a leading first line. Author Mary Wine had my attention. I was envisioning a darkly handsome highlander whispering those words to a bevy of buxom barmaids. Not to be, these were the very
April
HIGHLAND HELLCAT by Mary Wine is a delightful historical romance set in early Scotland. It is well written with depth,details, twists and turns. The characters are enchanting and engaging. It has Scottish lairds, loyalty, passion, romance, sweet sensuality, wit, family loyalty,betrayal, adventure,keeping the peace between rival Scottish clans, friendships and love conquers all. The hero, Connor, is tough, the laird of the Lindsey's clan, a Highlander,,honorable, promised to the eldest Chattan cl ...more
Jackie
Jan 04, 2012 Jackie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Book Synopsis

"He wants a wife he can control..."

"She has a spirit that can't be tamed..."

Brina Chattan has always defied convention. She sees no reason to be docile now that she's been captured by a powerful laird and taken to his storm-tossed castle in the Highlands, far from her home.

When a rival laird's in
Dawn
Mar 06, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it
Connor Lindsay has made a deal to marry Deirdre Chattan as an alliance, but she is no longer pure and has been defiled by Lindsay's enemy which means he cannot marry her because people will not believe their children will be his. So Lindsay kidnaps another sister, Brina, in Deirdre's place but this one was planning to be the bride of Christ so needless to say it is not all smooth sailing.

Most of the book are about Brina adjusting to life with Conner and trying not to break the oath her father ma
Ann  Lorz
Sep 04, 2016 Ann Lorz rated it really liked it
I really enjoy Highland Hellcat. It was so fun when Connor realized that his friends sister wasn't the meek mannered woman that he thought she was. In fact, he was thrilled to learned that she was a hellcat all the way to her toes!

Poor Brina, she works so hard to hide her true nature. She's afraid that no one could love her if they truly knew just how much of a temper she has.

These two together are perfect. They play off one another to make a whole. I found myself laughing more then once while
Jess
Nov 06, 2010 Jess rated it it was amazing
This was a book I just randomly picked up at my library, I haven't read the first book because I didn't know it was a series but I didn't feel lost at any point.

This was a really good Scottish HR. The main character Connor is pissed because his future bride "dishonored" herself by sleeping with someone else. To console himself he steals another woman for his bride who was supposed to be going into the nunnery. Brina is incredulous that some big highlander thought he had a right to steal her, but
Shannon
Oct 26, 2010 Shannon rated it really liked it
Brina Chattan, as a third daughter, was raised to become a nun. When her older sister falls from grace, the sister's intended groom kidnaps Brina for himself. Brina finds that her life will not be the one that she was prepared for.

My only complaint is that the first few chapters of the book unnecessarily listed the Highlander characteristics that are typical in a Highlander romance (honor, watching after their women, fighting, being strong and stubborn, etc.). It was tedious for me.

Otherwise, I
Nicole Laverdure
Nov 19, 2012 Nicole Laverdure rated it it was amazing
HIGHLAND HELLCAT is the second book in Mary Wine's Highland Series.
A beautiful romance emotionally rich with her characters, Connor and Brina.
If your are a fan of Mary Wine and have read the first book "To conquer a Highlander" then you will love this book.
I love this author for her style of writing and the hight drama of her characters in this trilogy.
Mary Wine wrote a sensual, passionate, romantic, intense and breathtaking romance. You will enjoy every minute with this charming and
wonderful st
L.W.
Aug 30, 2011 L.W. rated it really liked it
Another strong female character in a time where women had no rights and were considered property. She pretty much gave as good as she got. That eternal struggle between man and woman was very well written and it kept my interest. My only complaint is it ended and now I have to find another book to read
Samie Kauchis
Nov 28, 2011 Samie Kauchis rated it it was amazing
My only complaint about these books is that the Heroines can be a tiny bit too stubborn and resistant to change... Oh and *Everyone* Snarls at everyone else. Everyone. I swear you could find the word at least once on every single page in the book.
Rebecca
Aug 23, 2012 Rebecca rated it really liked it
I loved this story.I only wished that the ending was more eloborate. it seemed like it was abit rushed.
Tasha
Feb 18, 2013 Tasha rated it it was amazing
I love this book and the characters in it. Mary Wine is swiftly becoming one of my favorite authors.
Gamruk
Jun 13, 2016 Gamruk rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
Vahşi kedicik :D :D :D şekerdi, öyle ahım şahım bir konusu kurgusu yoktu ama okutuyor kendisini. Iskocları seviyorsanız keyifli saatler yaşayacaksınız bu kitapla :D
Kari
Oct 18, 2011 Kari rated it it was amazing
Loved it! This is one of the sweetest love stories I have ever read. The book has substance, great story, if in doubt read it.
Ann Unger
loved it
Patti TheLoveJunkee
Jan 14, 2013 Patti TheLoveJunkee rated it really liked it
I find I really enjoy Mary Wine's highlanders. This one didn't disappoint.
Anissa Nieves
LIKE THE HEROINE AND STORYLINE
  • To Wed a Highlander (The McTiernays, #2)
  • X Marks the Scot (Bad Boys of the Highlands, #2)
  • The Highlander's Heart (Highlander #2)
  • Highland Scoundrel (Campbell Trilogy, #3)
  • A Highlander Never Surrenders (MacGregors, #2)
  • Sins of the Highlander
  • Seduced by the Highlander (Highlander, #3)
  • The Sinner (Return of the Highlanders, #2)
  • Seducing the Highlander
  • Highland Master (Scottish Knights Trilogy #1)
  • Possessed by the Highlander (The MacLerie Clan #3)
207379
Mary Wine has written over twenty novels that take her readers from the pages of history to the far reaches of space. Recent winner of a 2008 EPPIE Award for erotic western romance, her book LET ME LOVE YOU was quoted “Not to be missed…” by Lora Leigh, New York Times best-selling author.

When she’s not abusing a laptop, she spends time with her sewing machines…all of them! Making historical garment
More about Mary Wine...

Highlander (3 books)
  • To Conquer a Highlander (Highlander, #1)
  • Highland Heat (Highlander, #3)