Start by marking “Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends, #1)

Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends #1)

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Joshua Neville is a quiet, even-keeled rancher who was just minding his own business when he witnessed a brazen bank robbery in San Antonio, Texas, that leaves three men dead. Even more shocking than the heist itself is that the ringleader looked like a woman!Weeks later, when Josh is on the trail, a lost and confused woman stumbles upon his campsite. He agrees to take "Di ...more
Published August 1st 2010 by Whitaker Distribution (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful Bandit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beautiful Bandit

Jul 18, 2010 Lori rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Lori by: Compliments of publisher -- for review
I haven't read any of Loree Lough's books in quite a few years, but I used to love reading her Heartsong Presents and Love Inspired stories. I gotta tell you -- I really enjoyed Beautiful Bandit! It's a very touching story of heartbreak, forgiveness, and learning to trust again.

The Neville's are a wonderful, easy-to-love family, and I fell for them from the very beginning. It's easy to see why Kate couldn't help falling in love with them, too. Even though she tries her very hardest not to, becau
Jul 15, 2010 Molly rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Molly by: FIRST
Fantastic! That's just one of the many words that come to mind when I describe Loree Lough's new book Beautiful Bandit in her new series, Lone Star Legends. I've read other books by Loree, all of which show her magnificent gift as a write and captured my heart. Beautiful Bandit was one of those such books. God has definitely blessed a wonderful lady with the talent of a heart capturing author.

In Beautiful Bandit, Loree switches the stakes: Kate, a woman on the run, is the bandit while Josh, the
BEAUTIFUL BANDIT by Loree Lough has all the typical plotlines that make up a historical romance – A dashing hero, a heroine in need of help, and an enemy on the horizon. And though, I can’t say that BEAUTIFUL BANDIT is completely unique, Lough does change it up enough to keep the readers interested.

On a return trip from selling some family property, Josh Neville finds a woman near his campsite lost, hungry, and wounded. With her destination, Mexico, he decides to escort her there, no questions a
Trinity Rose
My review
Beautiful Bandit by Loree Lough is a wonderful book full of adventure, love, drama and suspense. I was captivated from the first page and never lost interest at any part of the story.
The characters in this book are so likable or mean and full of angry that you just love to read it.
I like the way Josh treats “Dinah.” When they meet she seems like a crazy person who wouldn’t tell him anything about herself, but Josh still helps her and takes care of her.
When they get to his families
Really great book!!! There are (I think) three main reasons why I loved this book...1.) It is written the way I would have written it if I was telling the story. 2.) Loree writes in a way that feels like your just having a conversation with an old dear friend. 3.) Her style is smooth, even paced, and lovely; filled with her quick wit. Her writing is very clever. The Beautiful Bandit is a unique tale that will make you laugh, cry, and cheer right up til the end. There was a handful of typos, but ...more
Susan Baganz
Loree Lough has written over 100 books . . . so I went to the library to see which ones they had on the shelves. She must be popular because of the many they carried I could only find one, Beautiful Bandit (Lone Star Legends V1), and was instantly hooked. I loved her ebook Jake Walker's Wife which was also had a western feel. Loree didn't disappoint me with this story either.

Joshua Neville is a pretty calm rancher, part of a big family but carrying deep loss inside him. When he travels to San A
**Originally posted at Melissa's Bookshelf.

Beautiful Banditi is the first book I have read by Loree Lough. I'll admit it's been sitting on my e-reader for awhile, probably because though I found the synopsis intriguing, that cover is a bit of a turn-off. And now that I've read the book, I just don't think that image suits "Dinah" (a.k.a. Kate Wellington) at all, not to mention that it just looks too modern, given that this is supposed to be fiction set in the Western frontier. But here we have a
As one of my social network friends, I picked up Loree's book in a bookstore while on a trip in a different state. It was probably the first romance westerns I've ever read, but have to say that it moved along very well. I found the cast of characters to be very captivating and the action moved well. Even thought classified as a romance western I believe guys would find this an interesting read. Loree Lough is a very talented writer who brings to life the written word.
Bluerose's  Heart
I don't know what rock I've been hiding under for this to be my first Loree Lough book! She's definitely on my radar now, though!

I adore a good, sweet romance. I like to feel the looks across the room and the sparks from an innocent hand brush. I love getting to see a bit of the "dating" process of a couple. I got that and so much more from Beautiful Bandit.

Kate, aka "Dinah" is tiny and spunky, with a sense of humor that floods the pages. Josh is a man of few words, but you can feel his love an
Jul 24, 2010 Renee rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Renee by: First Wild Card
Beautiful Bandit is a wonderful western romance. I love that Kate aka Dinah is a wanted "outlaw" on the run from ruthless gang leader, Frank Michaels. She's definitely a different kind of heroine! What she had to go through with Frank was indescribable but she was strong enough to run away. In the process she meets Josh Neville, a handsome rancher with a wonderful extended family. I absolutely love Josh and his "Mee-Maw" Esther, she's one of the sweetest characters I've come across in Christian ...more
This was a story set in the old west, and I enjoyed the setting, however, I felt that there wasn't enough interaction and dialogue between the two main characters for me to really invest myself in their lives to make it a really good book.
I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to read Loree's novel, Beautiful Bandit! It was the first novel by her that I have read, and I was not disappointed! Loree Lough is an accomplished writer, with a wonderful talent for drawing you into the story. From the very beginning, I wanted to know what would happen to Kate and Josh, and I enjoyed the journey every step of the way.

This is a beautiful story of love and redemption, written by an author who knows how to hold your interest and keep you tu
I loved this book it was well written with quick wit and done very cleverly. This is a grab you book with the action never stopping. It is a wonderful moving novel with a little suspense with sparks flying from the get go. It is a book I could not put down and a must read for me it will leave you wanting more and not wanting the book to end.

Kate is a woman on the run who is innocent but thinks she is guilty. Kate is a wonderful character you will love. She is given a raw deal but is learning ho
Tricia Bright
Thoroughly enjoyed. Spent the whole book rooting for the "bandit"
Sep 22, 2010 Katie rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2010
I picked this book up off the new release shelf at the library. It sounded like it'd be a really cute love story, but it turned out to be pretty sappy. The characters spent a ridiculous amount of time mooning over each other, and then when they actually did talk, they said ridiculous things that no one would ever actually say. Also, the female character spent the entire book blaming herself for something that wasn't even remotely her fault, which made the major conflict just seem silly. Overall, ...more
Free from Amazon.
I have read this novel with a sole purpose in mind-- to see if it will be just as horrible as "From Ashes to Honor" which I first read by this author. But i have a 2bookrule. I read 2 books before completelly stop reading particular author.
Let me tell you that i was plesantly surprized!! :) this is such a lovelly comedy that i could bearly put it down before I finished it. Defenetly changed my opinion of Loree.
I plan on reading the whole series..
I enjoyed this book for the most part. It was sappy but sweet. It was almost a western. I did not feel the historical connection however, just did not seem like the time period. I felt that Kate spent too much time blaming herself for things that were not her fault and should have confided in at least one person.

The characters were fun though and I did enjoy reading it.
This was an enjoyable story overall; however, I felt like it got a bit redundant in constantly bringing up her thoughts of what took place in her past and rehashing it.
Skeeter Jorgensen
Hats off to Loree Lough for another great book. I loved this book. Inspirational historic romance novel. Kept me interested through to the end.
Carol and Gary Curtis
I like westerns. This interesting story kept my attention throughout but wasn't enough to merit a better rating.
May 25, 2010 Margaret marked it as to-read
Recommended to Margaret by: FIRST
*Thanks to Whitaker House for providing an ARC for review through FIRST Wild Card.*
Very romantic in a western way!!!
This book was just a nice summer read.
Good book! Predictable but good!
Victoria Newman
Is a great book to read
Barbara Hanna
Fun, adventuresome.
I enjoyed it.
Stacie marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2015
Abigail marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
  • Surrendered Hearts
  • All in Good Time (The Gilded Legacy, #2)
  • Trauma Plan (Grace Medical, #1)
  • When All My Dreams Come True (Colorado Runaway, #1)
  • But For Grace
  • Dawn Comes Early (The Brides of Last Chance Ranch, #1)
  • Skip Rock Shallows (Copper Brown, #3)
  • McKenzie (Montana Skies #1)
  • High Desert Haven (The Shepherd's Heart, #2)
  • Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)
  • In Too Deep (Kincaid Brides, #2)
  • Saving Hope (Men of the Texas Rangers #1)
  • Liberty Belle
  • In His Will (Heartsong Presents #718)
  • Josiah's Treasure
  • A Love For Keeps
  • Always Ready
  • Forget Me Not (The Heart's Spring, #1)
With 105 books (nearly 6,000,000+ copies in circulation!), best-selling author Loree Lough's writing style has been compared to Nicholas Sparks and Mary Jo Putney; readers and reviewers call her “a gifted writer whose stories touch hearts and change lives.”

With a long list of industry awards, it isn't likely this prolific author will ever retire...not even to her cozy li'l cabin in the Allegheny M
More about Loree Lough...

Lone Star Legends (3 books)
  • Maverick Heart (Lone Star Legends, #2)
  • Unbridled Hope (Lone Star Legends #3)
Love Finds You in North Pole, Alaska From Ashes to Honor (First Responders #1) Honor Redeemed (First Responders #2) Love Finds You in Paradise, Pennsylvania Love Finds You in Folly Beach, South Carolina