Start by marking “The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1 #2)” as Want to Read:
The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1 #2)

The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1 #2)

3.41  ·  Rating Details  ·  211 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Based on one of the sci-fi channel's most popular shows -- book two in the series!

Colonel Jack O'Neill and his SG-1 team are suddenly stranded on a primitive world where the inhabitants pay homage to the Goa'uld by providing their best specimens as host bodies for their young. While a new payment is about to be sent, the team must rescue a terrified populace that does no
Mass Market Paperback, 199 pages
Published July 1st 1999 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about The Price You Pay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Price You Pay

Rosie Amber
Jan 21, 2016 Rosie Amber rated it really liked it
The Price You Pay is a companion book to the Stargate TV series and provides a new mission for the SG-1 team. In this book they go to NPR76309 or M'kwethet as the locals call themselves. The gate is in the town square and the team are asked if they are messengers from the Goa'uld.

This planet of people do not fear the Goa'uld, they have chosen to serve them in return for peace. They provide regular amounts of servants and offerings to keep their peace. The planet are in fact preparing the next b
Adam
Jul 27, 2011 Adam rated it it was ok
Like with the other Stargate novels by this author there are a lot of inconsistencies and errors throughout the book, like descriptions of characters, dialogue and so on; but the actual plot is quite interesting and fairly easy to read.
Denise
Jun 24, 2014 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2014
Another quick, fun read set in season 1. Reads pretty much like an average TV episode - entertaining but not outstanding. 3.5/5
Catherine
Feb 19, 2015 Catherine rated it really liked it
Quick read. When I saw this in the store, I had to read it.
Kellyanne Lynch
Mar 01, 2014 Kellyanne Lynch rated it did not like it
More poor characterisation and another week plot for McConnell
John
Dec 20, 2014 John rated it liked it
Shelves: 1fiction, box20
Being a fan of the series when I saw this had to read it - fun
Andrew
Nov 17, 2012 Andrew rated it liked it
This is the second of my stargate novels - I will pin my colours to the mast and declare I am a fan of both the film and the TV series - however reading this book - didn't feel like either - the characters didn't feel right and in fact in key moments and conversations it was utterly wrong - it was like a pastiche where someone has tired to connect to characters but not quite. I don't want to give too much away but this didn't feel like the stargate I enjoy so much
Jason
Apr 02, 2013 Jason rated it it was ok
Two stars only because it was Stargate SG-1. The story was riddled with errors, both with respect to the show, and with respect to it's self. Character names accidentally switched, paragraphs that seem out of place or don't make any sense. Plenty of jarring typos. This could have been a really interesting story if the novel had been edited properly.
Miss Clark
Best SG-1 book by McConnell. And that is not saying a whole lot, since that whole line of novels wasn't very impressive. I didn't feel that they grasped the dynamics of the team or the show very well, but this one was the best of the lot.
Hope
Apr 06, 2011 Hope rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, scifi
I wish for a more closed ending than the book has, but it seems more realistic to end it the way McConnell did. Nothing in life ends perfectly, why should this story?
Tara
Feb 08, 2011 Tara rated it it was ok
It was okay. It was kind of like reading really bad fanfiction though, as she didn't really know the voice of the characters and canon. I've read better.
Julie
Apr 21, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Stargate fans
Shelves: science-fiction, 2010
This is probably the best TV-show-to-book adaptation I've ever read. It really had the feel of watching an episode of SG-1. So, kudos to you, Ashley McConnell!
Douglas
Aug 15, 2011 Douglas rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, stargate
A fun little book clearly written in the early days of the show. I really enjoyed the dynamics of SG-1 from the first few seasons.
Natasha
Feb 13, 2011 Natasha rated it it was amazing
I finished this years ago, when I was still at school.
Vampiress_demitri
Feb 28, 2011 Vampiress_demitri rated it liked it
great plot
Patricia Mckelvy
Patricia Mckelvy marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Ray
Ray marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2016
James
James rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2016
Margo Speerbrecker
Margo Speerbrecker rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Sasha
Sasha marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2016
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
DALLAS MARSHALL
DALLAS MARSHALL rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Gregory W Lawrence
Gregory W Lawrence rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Linda Gilbert-marlow
Linda Gilbert-marlow rated it it was amazing
Feb 24, 2016
louise johnston
louise johnston marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
Kelly Green
Kelly Green rated it really liked it
Feb 17, 2016
Fiona Paton
Fiona Paton rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2016
  • Four Dragons
  • Do No Harm
  • The Barque of Heaven
  • Sunrise
  • Stargate: Retaliation (Stargate, #2)
  • The Power Behind the Throne
  • Valhalla
  • Stargate Atlantis: Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)

Stargate SG-1 (4 books)
  • Stargate SG-1 (Stargate SG-1, #1)
  • First Amendment (Stargate SG-1 #3)
  • The Morpheus Factor (Stargate SG-1 #4)