Start by marking “Stargate SG-1: The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1, #2)” as Want to Read:
Stargate SG-1: The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1, #2)

Stargate SG-1: The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1, #2)

3.27 of 5 stars 3.27  ·  rating details  ·  166 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Based on one of the sci-fi channel's most popular shows -- book two in the series!

Colonel Jack O'Neill and his SG-1 team are suddenly stranded on a primitive world where the inhabitants pay homage to the Goa'uld by providing their best specimens as host bodies for their young. While a new payment is about to be sent, the team must rescue a terrified populace that does no
Mass Market Paperback, 199 pages
Published July 1st 1999 by Roc

To ask other readers questions about Stargate SG-1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stargate SG-1

Adam
Like with the other Stargate novels by this author there are a lot of inconsistencies and errors throughout the book, like descriptions of characters, dialogue and so on; but the actual plot is quite interesting and fairly easy to read.
Denise
Another quick, fun read set in season 1. Reads pretty much like an average TV episode - entertaining but not outstanding. 3.5/5
Kellyanne Lynch
More poor characterisation and another week plot for McConnell
John
Being a fan of the series when I saw this had to read it - fun
Andrew
This is the second of my stargate novels - I will pin my colours to the mast and declare I am a fan of both the film and the TV series - however reading this book - didn't feel like either - the characters didn't feel right and in fact in key moments and conversations it was utterly wrong - it was like a pastiche where someone has tired to connect to characters but not quite. I don't want to give too much away but this didn't feel like the stargate I enjoy so much
Jason
Two stars only because it was Stargate SG-1. The story was riddled with errors, both with respect to the show, and with respect to it's self. Character names accidentally switched, paragraphs that seem out of place or don't make any sense. Plenty of jarring typos. This could have been a really interesting story if the novel had been edited properly.
Miss Clark
Best SG-1 book by McConnell. And that is not saying a whole lot, since that whole line of novels wasn't very impressive. I didn't feel that they grasped the dynamics of the team or the show very well, but this one was the best of the lot.
Hope
I wish for a more closed ending than the book has, but it seems more realistic to end it the way McConnell did. Nothing in life ends perfectly, why should this story?
Tara
It was okay. It was kind of like reading really bad fanfiction though, as she didn't really know the voice of the characters and canon. I've read better.
Julie
Apr 21, 2010 Julie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Stargate fans
Shelves: 2010, science-fiction
This is probably the best TV-show-to-book adaptation I've ever read. It really had the feel of watching an episode of SG-1. So, kudos to you, Ashley McConnell!
Douglas
A fun little book clearly written in the early days of the show. I really enjoyed the dynamics of SG-1 from the first few seasons.
Natasha
I finished this years ago, when I was still at school.
Nicholas
Nicholas marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Carol
Carol marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Clarissa Villalobos
Clarissa Villalobos marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Sean Johnston
Sean Johnston marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Amy Sjoquist
Amy Sjoquist marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
B K
B K is currently reading it
Dec 05, 2014
Susanne
Susanne marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Rafel Ortiz
Rafel Ortiz marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Matthew Latimer
Matthew Latimer marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Stargate SG-1: The Cost of Honor (Stargate SG-1, #9)
  • Stargate SG-1: Siren Song (Stargate SG-1, #10)
  • Stargate SG-1: Survival of the Fittest (Stargate SG-1, #11)
  • Stargate SG-1: Relativity (Stargate SG-1, #14)
  • Stargate SG-1: Sacrifice Moon (Stargate SG-1, #6)
  • Stargate SG-1: Alliances (Stargate SG-1, #12)
  • Stargate SG-1: Roswell (Stargate SG-1, #13)
  • Stargate SG-1: The Barque of Heaven (Stargate SG-1, #15)
  • Stargate SG-1: Four Dragons (Stargate SG-1, #20)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Angelus (Stargate Atlantis, #11)
  • Stargate: Retaliation (Stargate, #2)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Brimstone (Stargate Atlantis, #15)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Hunt and Run (Stargate Atlantis, #13)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Death Game (Stargate Atlantis, #14)
These Our Actors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #1) Stargate SG-1 (Stargate SG-1, #1) Quantum Leap: The Novel Quantum Leap: Prelude Quantum Leap: The Wall