Start by marking “Luck of the Draw” as Want to Read:
Luck of the Draw

Luck of the Draw

4.31  ·  Rating Details  ·  165 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Friends come and go, but the good ones are hard to let go. Kennedy and her best friend Cherae were like "two peas in a pod," Kennedy's daddy would say because they were tighter than a large man in a medium suit jacket. Although they were totally different in size, personality and back ground, they had been friends and loved each other since the seecond grade.
Tables turned
Published April 23rd 2010 by Delphine Publications (first published March 24th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Luck of the Draw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luck of the Draw

Lady Raven RAVE!
Sep 29, 2012 Lady Raven RAVE! rated it really liked it
http://www.romancenoveljunkies.com for readers

BRIEF SUMMARY
Kennedy and Cherae was the closet of friends. On a girl’s night out with Kennedy, Cherae and Teresa, they met Julian. And with the luck of the draw Cherae becomes extremely jealous. With jealously, comes the test of friendship.

THOUGHTS

Why I hate this book, Cherae. Why I love the book, Kennedy. However, O.M.G! Cherae is trifling, trifling, trifling.. beyond words and the fact that she got good in the end has me so upset. But, I can't ev
Kelley
Mar 01, 2012 Kelley rated it it was amazing
Omg is all i can say! I started reading this book one o'clock this morning at work, I'm just putting it down do to the fact that i am finished. Anna Black you did your thing girl this was my first book by you but not my last!! #team Kenny & Jay big girls rock!!!
Tia
This is my second read by Anna Black. She didn't disappoint with "Luck of the Draw". The book is about Kennedy a spoiled, trusting, sweet woman who loves her best friend like a "sister". However, her friend, Cherae thinks she's a rich, spoiled, fat bitch who's had everything handed to her, an easy life. Ironically, this same sister-friend lives this "good-life" as well because she lives and mooches off Kennedy (always begging for money) as well as Kennedy's family. Kennedy finally meets a "good" ...more
African Americans on the Move Book Club
So I was a fan of Now You Wanna come back, Anna’s first book and when opening up Luck of the Draw I was not disappointed. I loved the drama, the deceit, and the overall depiction of genuine love. One thing I know about Anna Black novel’s is that when I read her work I am going to get a love story like no other, mainly ending the perfect way. This story shows how a friend can be jealous and have self hate without actually admitting it. When Kennedy attracts the perfect man, Cherae would want, all ...more
Carmen
Apr 03, 2012 Carmen rated it it was amazing
So after almost a month of hearing my sister going on and on about this book, I finally decided to read it. It was great from the first page to the very last page. I read it in less than a day because I could never get to a point where I wanted to put it down. The characters were well developed and it didn't portray AA as living the ghetto fabulous lifestyle. The main character, Kennedy, was a successful business owner who, at times, had me wanting to slam my galaxy tab. Her "bestfriend" Cherae ...more
Angelia
Apr 09, 2012 Angelia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, kindle-book
3.5 star rating.....This started with a girl's night out with Kennedy, Cherae and Teresa, they met Julian and all three were attracted to him but with the luck of the draw Kennedy is the lucky winner....Kennedy and Julian become an item and Cherae becomes extremely jealous and with jealously, comes the true test of their friendship.......This is were things get kinda predictable but not so much so that it's not an enjoyable read.......Kennedy was a lil too naive cause she should have seen throug ...more
MZURAQT
Apr 25, 2013 MZURAQT rated it it was amazing
I am so loving the anna black books.This one stared a little slower than the other but im glad I stuck with.As usual this book didn't stop with the drama and these best friends were off the chain.Jealousy is the root of all evil.Charae will definitely have you wondering if you have this type of friend in your group.In he end if something is meant to be it will happen and you might be surprise how things turn out.
Sandra Atueyi
Aug 14, 2012 Sandra Atueyi rated it it was amazing

This is my fifth book read from Anna Black. Anna Black did a really good job put out this book because her book will never disappointed and bored to me. I am happy that Kennedy and Cherae are back to friend even though Cherae did Kennedy wrong. This book and author deserves five stars and I'm looking forward to read another book from this author.
Charnel
Oct 04, 2012 Charnel rated it it was amazing
Kennedy had me upset for some of this book but I love her. Cherae that B* there...she better be happy I'm not Kennedy cause I would have to fight her!!

oh and the cover makes no sense.
Goodread
Jan 06, 2012 Goodread rated it it was amazing
Anna Black, You have done it once more, This is a GREAT READ, THAT CHARAE WAS SOMETHING ELSE WITH HER SELF.
Linda
Sep 10, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it
VERY GOOD BOOK & I LOVED THE ENDING TOO!!!
Slim
Jun 16, 2011 Slim rated it really liked it
Good read!!
Wilki J
Apr 18, 2013 Wilki J rated it it was amazing
Luck of the draw is just how it all went down. Three friends hit the club scene and are all taken back by the fine as wine, Julian. Kennedy, Cherae and Teresa all wanted him, but who had the best hand landed the prize. Too bad everyone can't respect the rules of the game. Friendships get tested when best friends, Kennedy and Cherae go toe to toe in the game of love. Kennedy is playing for keeps while a betrayal of the worst kind creeps in to destroy.

I loved this book. This plot can be seen in e
Theresa
Apr 24, 2012 Theresa rated it really liked it
Good Read
Jo Notary
Feb 15, 2016 Jo Notary marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
275pgs, contemporary, they have been best friends forever, but the evil word 'jealously' came between them over a sexy club owner. When the smoke clears and the truth finally comes to light, they learn a lesson in friendship, love and loyalty.
U.L. Harper
Apr 17, 2011 U.L. Harper rated it liked it
Shelves: dropped
This is a good read. Don't know if it's my thing, though. But everything is executed well. Timing is great, as well as the dialogue. Just not my thing, seeing it is about, women getting men.
Monique
Jul 27, 2011 Monique rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-book
Quick read with a predictable plot but interesting enough to finish. This is why you have to watch your friends and trust your man.
Kimberly
May 21, 2013 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Cherae deserved a fist full to the face...I mean really. Kennedy honey, just don't!
Lindsay
Sep 27, 2012 Lindsay marked it as kindle-i-own-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebie
Amazon Freebie 9/27/2012
Alexis
Alexis rated it it was amazing
Apr 10, 2016
Zachary
Zachary rated it it was amazing
Apr 06, 2016
Phyllis Andrews
Phyllis Andrews rated it liked it
Mar 09, 2016
Sabrina
Sabrina rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2016
Jacque
Jacque marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Ztyu
Ztyu marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2016
Bianca Watts
Bianca Watts marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Lola
Lola rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Begonia Brown: A Philadelphia Story
  • Married to His Lies
  • Another Tear (The Kennards, #2)
  • Twisted Obsessions (Sin City Heat, #2)
  • Say My Name
  • Entangled
  • Strawberry Mansion: A Philadelphia Story
  • When Love Isn't Enough
  • Money Never Sleeps: A Millionaire Wives Club Novel
Anna Black is a native of Chicago and the bestselling author of the Now You Wanna Come Back series. Her desire to become a published author didn’t develop until her late twenties, and she didn’t take her writing seriously until several close friends and family members encouraged her to go for it. After signing with Delphine Publications in November 2009, Anna became a bestselling author for her de ...more
More about Anna Black...