Start by marking “Vampire Knight, Vol. 13 (Vampire Knight, #13)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Knight, Vol. 13 (Vampire Knight, #13)

Vampire Knight, Vol. 13 (Vampire Knight #13)

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  3,979 ratings  ·  67 reviews
Yuki is attacked by another pureblood outside a graveyard for meddling in the ways of the vampire society. Injured, she returns home to Kaname, who shares with her his past memories and the truth behind the Kuran family.
Published October 4th 2011 by VIZ Media (first published December 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Vampire Knight, Vol. 13, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vampire Knight, Vol. 13

Nandar
In volume 13 we get to learn more about Kaname. And some stuff was pretty scary, he is more complicated than you can imagine. And Kaname with long hair isn't a pretty sight. There wasn't much on Zero but we do find out that he still loves Yuki. We get to learn about the history for vampires as well, especially the first vampire hunter. Its really interesting.

I was Team Kaname and Yuki.

But Damn does Zero deserver her more. And he aint going to kill her. He loves her too much to do that.
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
Volume 13 of Vampire Knight is the most confusing volume to date. I had to read it twice to even begin to understand it. By the end of my second go round, I was quite fond of the story and the characters.

We learn a lot more about Kaname in this volume. He shares his memories with Yuki and she essentially lives his past. I am not the rabid Team Kaname fan that I was at the beginning of the series, but I don't hate him either. This volume shows that he is a much more complicated character than I r
Decow S velgrit
Why Zero is so HOT why can;t they add a new amazing character for Zero to fall in love with not that stupid brat, creep, female dog, Yuki!
Sarah Marie
Vampire Knight by Matsuri Hino

Volume 13 in the Vampire Knight series

5 stars

Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. The catch is the Night Class are vampires. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, protecting the Day Class from the Academy’s dark secret. I hadn’t picked up a manga in a year or over a year I’m not sure, but I decided to go out and buy a couple to review and all that. Mangas only take me a day to read and I flew th

PoisonCupcakes
Welllll....excuse the following rant...

What the hell's wrong with Yuki?! "I'll accept any punisment"?! Is this BDSM or something? I like Kaname, but he and Yuki are in what I'd describe as an unhealthy, abusive relationship. Personally, I wouldn't have just sat (lied) there and taken it! I would've kicked Kaname's 10,000 year old balls up his bloodsucking throat!

Yuki's been pissing the hell out of me lately...

As for Zero and Kaname, I continually to feel for them equally. I cried for them both i
Seb
May 03, 2014 Seb rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
My favourite volume in this series, up to date.

The character seem to finally evolve a little bit in this volume. Zero visited Ichiru's grave and wondered the humanity left in him. When he met Yuuki at the cemetery, he seemed less angry at her and his feelings towards her seemed to be similar than what they were before she turned into a vampire. Things were still tense between them, but he did seem calmer.

There was also a part of the book in which Kaname's contradictory nature (how he wants Yuuki
Rebecca
I get that a character can't know something until it's told, but the reader was already told most of the story shared in this volume... Made for a very quick read on a very crowded bus.
Andreia Alves
What can I say about this manga?

Well, the art is beautiful, it's probably one of the reasons why I still stuck around reading the story. All the characters are beautifully drawn and there's a lot of attention to details.
The story itself it's interesting, it has potential, but now things are going a bit downhill. Some plot holes are appearing, things are complicating. And the character development... Things started off well, but now Yuki is just a selfish, desperate girl, with no development.

I'm
Ice Ten Ten
Grace
I feel so confused as to what is going on here.
Naomi
I will say some parts were just confusing in this volume of Vampire Knight and I don't know whether it was because of translation problems or if it was done that way on purpose to keep the reader from guessing what's going to happen next. But for the most part, I loved this novel. Yuki and Zero get to interact, which of course, makes this novel all the more interesting. We also get to see more of our little wolf. Man, I love the wolf. I can say much without spoiling the book or previous books, I ...more
Kereesa
With a new enemy, more secrets that Kaname has hidden, and a meeting between the two people who can't seem to be together yet can't stay apart, volume 13 of the Vampire Knight manga series moves quickly, and picks up the pace compared to the slower 11th and 12th volumes.

I was really, really impressed and thankful when I was reading this volume. Why? Because it wasn't the slow, agonizing let's-talk-about-our-feelings-again-redundantly build-up I suffered through in the last two volumes that almo
Summer
Very Good
Γιώτα Παπαδημακοπούλου
Το δέκατο τρίτο τεύχος ανταποκρίνεται στις νύχτες 59 έως 63 και είναι ένα από τα πιο εντυπωσιακά και συνάμα, κατατοπιστικά τεύχη της σειράς. Είναι το τεύχος εκείνο που μας επιφυλάσσει μεγάλες εκπλήξεις και αποκαλύψεις που όχι μόνο θα καθορίσουν την πορεία της ιστορίας αλλά και την ίδια την ταυτότητα των χαρακτήρων, ατομικά και συνολικά καθώς μαθαίνουμε συν τις άλλης, από που προέρχονται και με ποιον τρόπο. Ο Zero αποφασίζει να επισκεφτεί τους τάφους των δικών του, έχοντας μια εκ βαθέων συζήτηση ...more
Lady Entropy
Ah, Matsuri Hino! Very likely giving up into fan pressure against the brother\sister love, and retconning it out of existence by having Kaname pull out another random power from his butt (and what a fine butt, but let's not get distracted).

Admittedly, I might be unfair, and actually the plot twist involving Kaname might have been set up for a long time, seeing he's supposed to be mega powerful\the king of vampires all along (because Yuki is speshul!)

Then again, I really don't care much about the
Lightning
Man I don't even know like
Maybe it's the translator?
Maybe it's the fact that I need to re-visit this series?
Maybe it's just as obvious as me wanting to punch Kaname in the god dam dick.
I DON'T GET HOW ONE MINUTE YUKI CAN BE THIS LIKABLE HEROINE WHO CLEARLY HAS A FLESHED OUT PERSONALITY, LOOKS OUT FOR OTHERS, KICKS LIKE ALL KINDS OF ASS- AND THEN
OH MY GOD KANAME SAMA
NO GO RIGHT AHEAD, RIDICULE ME AND MAKE ME YOUR SLAVE AND CLAIM OWNERSHIP OVER ME.
Listen kids, that's fine in you're in a healthy bd
marcosmangas
Was für ein grandioser Band! Endlich hat man mal was erfahren über die Vergangenheit der Vampire und der Hunter, wie sie vor 10.000 Jahren gelebt und geherrscht haben und wie die Hunter überhaupt zustande gekommen sind. Und das erschreckenste überhaupt: Kaname ist der Urahn der Vampire! Also einer der ersten Vampire überhaupt und somit gar nicht der "richtige" Kaname-sama und somit Yukis Bruder. Ihr eigentlich Bruder, also der echte Kaname, wurde nämlich von ihrem Onkel Rido-sama umgebracht um d ...more
Candy Mercado
So basically...
At first, we all thought that Yuuki and Kaname weren't related by any means, then was revealed that they were siblings, after all. And now... they're not. I like that plot. Really.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Yuki learns what's going on in Kaname's head. And meets a familiar face. Near the end, it got a little creepy and a whoa kind of moment.
Brianna
*Spoiler alert*

This is where things get confusing. Hino has such cryptic dialogue so it's hard to figure things out sometimes.

From what I understand, Kaname isn't really Yuki's brother, he was one of the first vampires and then devoured the baby Kaname...(?) He was raised by Rido incompletely so he had to revert to baby form where Haruka and Juri raised him. At least, this is what I understand.

That's when I get frustrated with Hino's dialogue. It can be really confusing at times and I think wha
Lara
I keep reading this, because I think the story is really interesting, but MAN it is work to figure out what the heck is happening! Too many of the characters look too similar and there are just so many of them! I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I always end up feeling so confused by the time I finish these. There is a pretty big revelation made in this volume, which is definitely intriguing, but there seemed to be very little reaction to it; I just can't figure out if it's poor translation, ...more
Melissa E.
Finally, a volume that actually makes some damn sense! There was continuity and intrigue here, I actually read very quickly once I got into it.

The mystery of Kaname's true identity is FINALLY resolved, in a way that is clear and - again - actually makes some damn sense. I definitely get the feeling that Matsuri Hino is totally pulling this story out of her ass as she goes, but this volume was far more inspired and interesting than the last two combined. My faith has been restored enough to conti
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
I am hopelessly drawn to this beautifully drawn series, even though I have to sheepishly admit that I don't always understand what the heck is going on. Make that, I rarely understand what the heck is going on! Still, I keep turning those pretty, pretty pages, latching onto whatever little chunks of understanding I can grab hold of. Some day it will be crystal clear (I can keep hoping) but until then, I will enjoy the gorgeous art, and pretend that I understand more about the plot than I will ev ...more
Lirie
Sep 03, 2013 Lirie added it
Abandono.

Matsuri Hino, es usted una dibujante insuperable pero una guionista pésima.
Su protagonista es insufrible, un ser patético hasta con arma en mano. Su protagonista masculino #1 es machista, manipulador, un hijodeputa al que le arrancaría la cabeza de cuajo con el arma que lleva la insufrible; el #2 no es tan malo, todo sea dicho.

Ande y dedíquese a adaptar gráficamente las historias de otro, porque las suyas... No.

[Y la trato de usted porque pocas veces me he cabreado tanto con un manga. E
Amy Gideon
2.75/5 stars

One of the better volumes. The flashbacks made this volume particularly interesting. The revelation surrounding Kaname is pointless. In fact his entire presence in this series is part of reason I don't care for the series.

I don't understand the author's motives when writing this series. There are so many different and just better directions this series could have taken. Instead we're left with a semi incestuous twilight where werewolves have been replaced with vampire hunters.

Amy
Feb 03, 2014 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
The stor
Killedbydrapery
The story is still a bit muddied with all of the constant flashbacks, but the volume itself is beginning to get better again. The interaction between Yuki and Zero in this one is brief, but meaningful... And all of the secrets around Kaname are starting to come out! I can't wait to see how this news changes things.
Alicia
Yuki, tired of being kept in the Kuran mansion for the past year, chooses to leave, taking the Artemis rod, which Kaname returned to her, with her. She chooses to visit a graveyard where she is attacked by another pureblood via their familiar. Zero steps in, having been at the same graveyard to visit the marker for his brother's grave. Yuki awakens in a Vampire Hunter safehouse and runs away.
Alexis
Yanelly
Este manga lo comencé a leer, y lo seguí durante un largo tiempo, pero la verdad es que termino por aburrirme y mas que todo, confundirme. Así que, para beneficio de mi salud mental decidí, con mucho dolor, abandonar esta lectura, espero que otras si pudieran continuarla, y por supuesto...disfrutaran de ella.
who should be with yuki.? Zero or kaname.? 23 46 May 19, 2014 07:50AM
  • Black Bird, Vol. 10 (Black Bird, #10)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 (Ouran High School Host Club, #17)
  • Rosario+Vampire: Season II, Vol. 3 (Rosario+Vampire: Season II, #3)
  • Skip Beat!, Vol. 25
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 7 (Wild Ones, #7)
  • Fruits basket, Volume 23 (Fruits Basket, #23)
Name in Japanese: 樋野 まつり

Matsuri Hino was born on January 24 in Hokkaido. She was a bookshop keeper who one day decided to become a manga artist, and all of nine months later, in 1995, she published her first manga title, Kono Yume ga Sametara (When This Dream Is Over), in Japan's LaLa DX magazine.
More about Matsuri Hino...
Vampire Knight, Vol. 01 (Vampire Knight, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 04 (Vampire Knight, #4) MeruPuri, Vol. 1 (MeruPuri, #1) Vampire Knight, Vol. 09 (Vampire Knight, #9) Vampire Knight, Vol. 03 (Vampire Knight, #3)