Start by marking “My Name Is Chloe” as Want to Read:
My Name Is Chloe

My Name Is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl #6)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  1,176 ratings  ·  52 reviews
Chloe, Josh Miller's younger sister, is a free spirit with funky clothes and dramatic hair. She struggles with her own identity, classmates, parents, boys, and -- her biggest question -- whether or not God is for real. But this unconventional high school freshman definitely doesn't hold back when she meets Him in a big, personal way. Refusing to change her image to fit int ...more
Published January 27th 2010 by Multnomah Books (first published January 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about My Name Is Chloe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Name Is Chloe

Heidi
WOW! This author REALLY hit home. I think she stalked me and took my life as an example for this book. (At least the first part of it) Most certainly one of my all time favorites.
Allison
I hate to say this, but I actively disliked this book. If I wasn't reading it for a class, I would have put it down after the first page. I was really trying to keep an open mind since I don't read much Christian/Inspirational fiction, but I just couldn't ignore the poor quality of writing. The dialog felt soooo forced and stiff and…unnatural. And I really didn't buy Chloe's narrative voice. It felt too much like an author trying to fit certain themes into a character's mouth rather than the wor ...more
Jaedyn
Another really great book. This book is about a young girl who is sort of a rebel. She does what she want's and doesn't care for anything but herself. Chloe is a great guitar player, she plays and it's sort of her passion. Her friend does witchcraft, really scary, her friend believes that the witchcraft will make her life better, but so far she's snot doeing so good. One day when Chloe was walking in the cemetary she fell to her knees and asked God for forgivness and asked Christ to come into h ...more
Books and Literature for Teens
After reading the Kim series I decided to pick up a Chloe book.
Chloe looks like your average rebel: she's got piercings, dyed hair, and those black clothes. She freaks her mom out and makes others keep away. She likes being different, but now all she wants is a friend-and some answers.
But after a close encounter with God and meeting up with some "different" liking friends, wouldn't you know it? Chloe Miller is starting a rock band-but where is it going? All the way to stardom or just the neighb
Charlotte Analise
this book is probably the best book I have read all year, I choice this book because I was browsing though the library and found this book, I was attracted to the front cover so I read the back and I could help myself, it is about a girl named Chloe who has gone though so much, lost everything and as soon as she is about to give up she is confronted by god, with her guitar in her hand she is determined to spread the word of god to other people who were in her shoes before god came alone and save ...more
Rachel
May 01, 2007 Rachel rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Any teenage girl
Shelves: totallyteenage
This was a really good book. Seriously, just like Who I Am, this book is written in diary form. It's really, really good.The book sorta starts with Chloe.....this teenage girl who has gone through alot of hurt and she's seen as rebellious. Through the help of her teenage mentor (Caitlin O' Conner who is Chloe's brother's ex-girlfriend), Chloe eventually becomes a Christian and decides to start a sort of punk rock band with her friends. Well, I'll stop there, but this is a really good book.
Alexa
Did not like it at all.. Talks about religion way to much, I felt like it was trying to shove it down my throat. That the book wanted me also to convert into a Christian.
A girl trying to figure out where she belongs. She lost all her friends, but then found a new crowd. Started a girl band and thinks Jesus/god is living her life.. That with Jesus in her heart .. Her life would be better.
Blahblahblah, boring .
Stacy Fetters
This is one of those books where you are cheering on the outcast and then you get what you want.
Was not expecting for a very happy end but that's what you get.
Chloe is a very typical teenager going to high school. She's bullied, has barely any friends and dresses goth. Okay, well not that typical. She loves music. Writes poetry and songs about life. One day she decides to bring Jesus into her heart and let's him do the walking\talking for her. She makes a band with two other girls. Ones a hardc
Jessica
My favorite part about this book is that I learned more about God while reading it. Chloe, although a new Christian, has wonderful incites about God and His love. For more about this, read my post on my blog, God Speaks Through Everyday Things.

The writing style for this book was very simple and plain. There were some really slow parts in the book and there did not seem to be a strong central plot. The book is written as a series of diary entries in which Chloe tells about what is happening in he
Sorina
This book alone brought me closer to God it was something I desperately needed at the time and I am so thankful I found this book. Chloe's testimony and how she brought her friends to Christ was more of a lesson to me than I was willing to listen to at the time I was reading this book
Gracie
I thought this book was really good! it spoke alot about Chloes life as a christian and how it can change you and make you a beter person!! i read all of the Chloe series and fell in love with them!! :) :) :) all the books by melody carlson are really good :) :)
Marie
I loved this book! I really enjoyed the Caitlyn series and I was eager to start the Chloe series, and this book was so good! Chloe remind me of how I was before I was saved and ever a little of how I am now. I really love this and I'm excited to read the rest!
Stephanie
This book contains humor and a very good motivating message. it goes through the journey of a girl before Christ and after. It uses her and her friends to decifer life and the hardships. its an awesome quick read that has very humorous pieces to it.
Kim
This is one of my favorite books ever. When I first read it I was a teenager and related so closely to Chloe. Her frustrations and feeling lost, her conversion.... I latched on to this book. Now I'm enjoying following her journey with her band.
The one who laughs alot. :)
It is a very good book! I read two capters in school, then i started reading it when i got home, and i couldent get my eyes away from it! I finished it that night. I was very dissapointed when my school library did not have the second one!
Breana Hollis
I love this book, I mean there is only 1 thing different about the character and me other than appearance and that is she don,t like to have very close friends and i do, have anybody ever felt that way or whatever
Morgan
Apr 24, 2010 Morgan rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: abby, mariah, libby
this was a really good book. it shows the spirtual ride of ups and downs with being a Christian. i love how Chloe is so commited to doing her best to live like Jesus.
I really liked this one! Seeing Chloe grow, make friends, deal with absent parents; it was good. It'll be fun to read and find out what happens in the next books.
Amy
May 03, 2008 Amy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Amy by: No one
This was shockingly good!! I loved watching the transformation of Chloe and how the world around her "changed" with her. Awesome book.
Autumn Pearson
I loved it! I really like how it shows how drastically her life changes after she accepts God and how joyful she becomes from it!
Kayla Mannlein
I think this showed how hard it truly can be to be an individual in middle school and high school... what a nightmare!
Katie Alexandra
this book is such an eyeopener. I learned so much about Christianity. MUST READ. so much about music and punks.
Anna Gibson
Awesome book! Loved it LOved it loved it! i cant find the second book though-i cant wait to read it!
Alice
Finding Jesus can solve your problems, not all since you have to be Christ-like to "make" it work.
Hailey
Nov 06, 2008 Hailey rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Hailey by: kasey
this book is awnsome it has a good message in but it also is true... well most of it
Melissa
I like reading Christian books, for some reason...I don't even go to church.
Angela Sellers
Through reading these books, I was really inspired to write more poems.
Allyson
Sep 24, 2007 Allyson rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Christans, teens
Amazing series that I fell in love with from page one. :]
Bailey Wenger
Good book for the age group (pre-teen girls).
Leslie
Apr 10, 2011 Leslie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone!
Wow What a great book! Love it!
  • A Heart Full of Hope (Christy Miller, #6)
  • Love Rules
  • Staying Pure (Payton Skky, #1)
Melody Carlson is the award-winning author of over two hundred books, several of them Christmas novellas from Revell, including her much-loved and bestselling book, The Christmas Bus.

She also writes many teen books, including the Diary of a Teenage Girl series, the TrueColors series, and the Carter House Girls series.

Melody was nominated for a Romantic Times Career Achievement Award in the inspi
More about Melody Carlson...
Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1) Christmas at Harrington's Dark Blue: Color Me Lonely (TrueColors, #1) Blade Silver: Color Me Scarred (TrueColors, #7) It's My Life (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #2)

“What if?..
What if I am all to see?
What if life is only this? And Ignorance is bliss?
What if love is only pain? And nothing can be gained by living everyday
And there is no better way?
What then?”