Start by marking “Chesapeake Blue [With Headphones]” as Want to Read:
Chesapeake Blue [With Headphones]

Chesapeake Blue [With Headphones] (Chesapeake Bay Saga #4)

4.16  ·  Rating Details ·  24,456 Ratings  ·  592 Reviews
Seth Quinn is finally home.

It's been a long journey. After a harrowing boyhood with his drug-addicted mother, he'd been taken in by the Quinn family, growing up with three older brothers who'd watched over him with love.

Now a grown man returning from Europe as a successful painter, Seth is settling down on Maryland's Eastern Shore, surrounded once again by Cam, Ethan, an
Audiobook, Digital, 0 pages
Published November 1st 2008 by Playaway (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Chesapeake Blue [With Headphones], please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chesapeake Blue [With Headphones]

The main thing I object is, cliché. Am I that stupid? Yes, I am. I really enjoy romances, quick light fix of alpha male and alpha female, just it’s hard to find an intelligent romance. But it is. Most of them are so badly written, that every time when I see so many 5 stars, I think about the readers and the old lady and her cats metaphor. Don't you have any whatsoever criteria if you rate THIS book 5 stars?

Why do they have to be so transparent? Quick fix doesn't necessarily need to be shallow a
It's always sad when you finish reading a book or a series, to say goodbye to characters you fell in love with, characters that become part of you while reading.
Each character from the Chesapeake Bay Saga became a part of me, made me want to be part of their amazing family and it's so sad to know Chesapeake Blue was the last book.

Chesapeake Blue brings us back to Seth Quinn, the last boy Ray rescued and who Cameron, Ethan and Phillip took care of after Ray died.
Seth's coming back from Europe, h
Jul 29, 2008 jenjn79 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers / Nora Roberts fans
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series / favorite author
The 4th and final book in the Chesapeake Bay / Quinn Brothers series. And yet another highly enjoyable book. I love rereading this one simply for the story (though the romance is good as well).

It's been 18 years since the Quinn brothers took Seth in and gave him a home. Eighteen years since he escaped the horrible life his mother led. He's never forgotten how lucky he is, and how much he owes to Cam, Ethan, Phillip and their wives. For the last few years, he's been traveling the world, painting
Final rating: 4.25/5 stars

It seems it's Nora's thing to end the books suddenly. I'm not fan of that and that makes gets me thrown off the rail. Not really a good idea as all books need some sort of epilogue - especially when most things are sorted out, even if it is just 2 more pages about a week later, month later, year later.

But I came to love her writing and her stories and will definitely read more books by her.

Loved this one too, but it was a bit weaker than the previous three books in the
Nothing But Nora Week, Book 2

Chesapeake Blue is the last book in the Chesapeake Bay Saga. It's the story of Seth Quinn, the youngest of the Quinn brothers, who has just returned home after a few years in Italy. Seth is now an up-and-coming painter who's making waves in art circles, but his heart, as always, lies with his family in St.Christopher, on the Maryland Shore. Soon after moving back, he encounters the fascinating Drusilla Whitcomb Banks, who has just opened a florist's shop in St. Chris
Jacob Proffitt
Definitely the best of the series, but not truly outstanding. I really wish Roberts had grown past the whole Gloria DeLauter nonsense. Those parts dragged this down a whole star, though not just for her appearances. The problem with Gloria in this one that didn't impact the others is that she fundamentally altered Seth as a character. That she still had power over him weakened him in ways that felt untrue. We've spent three books and eighteen years telling Seth that "if you take on one Quinn, yo ...more
Laura V.
Estoy un poco decepcionada con esta serie. Para mí, Aubrey y Seth terminarían juntos en mi cabeza lo hicieron. Se conocen desde niños, tienen una gran amistad, están cómodos con el otro y se aman, se aman, se aman.

Pero para la autora eso no le pareció chispa sufiente y le dio a Drusilla, si el nombre no es un indicio suficiente, puedo describirla como rica, elegante, distante y fría. Otra vez.

Un flechazo a primera vista, una chica que (otra vez) no quiere saber nada de tener relaciones y que p
Brenda (b)
Definitely a keeper - the whole series is. I loved them all, this one included. Chesapeake Blue is a truly fitting conclusion to the original trilogy. The theme of family coming together in love and understanding is just as strong as in the first 3 books. I loved seeing Cam, Ethan, Phillip and their wives again, plus meeting their kids too. And Seth is one terrific guy - gorgeous, talented, considerate. The fact that he survived Gloria and was able to flourish with the Quinns makes him even more ...more
Mar 17, 2016 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roberts-nora, own
Really good. Draws you in from the beginning and me deep into it before I knew what I was doing. Good, strong characters, emotions, fun and humor, aggravation, some touching moments, great family and a good HEA. This definitely has me wanting to read the whole series. Gotta love it!
*Buddy reading with Blacky <333*

Review to come

This turned out to be the best of the bunch for me. I was more into the romance than any of the previous ones. Still could've done without Gloria DeLauter rearing her ugly head again (even though it was expected, I'd still been hoping Roberts would've been done with that part of the storyline but nope) (view spoiler).

And I liked how, when all o
Aug 23, 2016 Maria rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books I have read by Nora Roberts. I felt like I was in the story as one of the characters. I Recommend this book to anyone who loves Nora.
Alex is The Romance Fox
I am so happy that I was able to read Seth Quinn’s story.

From the time I first meet him in Sea Swept (1st book in the Quinn Brothers Saga), I fell in love with the lonely, distrustful abused grandson of Ray Quinn, the amazing man, who with his now dead wife, Stella, had adopted Cam, Ethan and Phillip as broken children and with love and care enabling them to become strong and good men.

Despite the emotional damage in his childhood, with the love and support from his brothers has grown into a fin
QiJia 치쟈
This is a really good book but to enjoy it you must read the Chesapeake Bay series in order
The main theme of family, love and understanding is beautifully portray and I can't help wishing I'm part of the Quinns too!
We see a lot of Anna and Cam , I love their sarcasm and humour and the unconditional love for every Quinn
getting to know Anna,Cam,Ethan,Grace,Phillip and Sybill with their kids made me feel so contented
Aubrey turned into such an amazing woman too!
I really really wish that I'm a Quinn
Nicole R
I always tell people that I never reread books. I'm starting to realize that is a lie. While I do not reread often I do like to revisit some books, especially when they are written by my favorite author and I've read everything she has written! It has been almost 10 years since I last read of the Quinn Brothers, but this has always been my favorite trilogy.

Cam, Ethan, and Philip Quinn are all called home to their fathers unexpected deathbed, and find a surprise: a ten year old boy named Seth who
ชอบความผูกพันธระหวางพีนองและครอบครัวมากๆ แตเรืองราวพระนางไมไดมีอะไรนาตืนเตนเทากับตอนของพวกพีๆไมได โดยเฉพาะตอนของแคมนีคือชอบทีสุด มันคือความเขาใจระหวางคนสองคนทีเปนผูใหญเนอะ ถาคิดกันคนละแบบการคบกันมันกยาก แตสรุปโดยรวมตอนนีกสนุกเปนการปิดชุดไดแบบครอบครัวสุขสันตมากมายเลย ...more
Jun 29, 2015 Yolanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me ha encantado la saga. Cam, Philip,Ethan y Seth son encantadores, cada uno con sus cosas y con lo suyo a su espalda.. me ha gustado muchísimo.. me dan ganas de ir a vivir a la bahía!!!
Nov 06, 2011 valee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cont-romance
God I just love this woman! Nora Robert's cont-romances are just too good to be true. This was the perfect ending for an amazing series, I just couldn't have asked for more.

Be ready to read a series with amazing characters, a lot of terrific values and some mixed feelings. A touch of the paranormal world is also on it so we wont miss the pnr-romance genre so much. Sigh... there better be more books of this genre I still haven't read from this author or I will be royally pissed.

Thanks NR for th
Mar 01, 2015 Dija rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
loved this series! so sad now that it's over. an absolute must-read for lovers of small town, family love stories.
Cristina Aguado rodriguez
4.5 Estrellas. Me encanta Seth y en lo que se ha convertido pese al horror que pasó de niños. Me encanta esa pasión que pone cuando pinta y me gusta mucho su relación con Dru (aunque tengo que decir que me decepcionó que no acabara con Aubrey, la verdad es que me ha gustado mucho como han tratado ese tema) Me gusta muchísimo la relación de esta familia, y me ha dejado un muy buen sabor de boca. Genial Serie.
Aug 26, 2016 78sunny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dies ist der 4 Teil der Quinn-Saga, um 4 Brüder, die ihren Adoptivvater durch einen Unfall verloren haben und sich dann gemeinsam um den Jüngsten kümmern mussten. Nun geht es endlich um den jüngsten Bruder, Seth. Mittlerweile ist er ein Mann und ein angesagter Künstler. Nach längerer Abwesenheit kommt er zurück in das kleine Städtchen, in dem er seit seiner Adoption aufgewachsen ist und in dem seine Brüder (die alle in den vorherigen Bänden ihre Partnerinnen gefunden haben) mit ihren Familien le ...more
Tonya Burrows
Jun 24, 2016 Tonya Burrows rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved seeing Seth as a grown man, and revisiting the other Quinn brothers and their families. Satisfying conclusion to a satisfying series.
Zwart Raafje
Na mijn drie vorige recensies is het jullie ongetwijfeld al wel duidelijk geworden dat ik van deze familie Quinn hou. Vooral van de dynamiek van hun samengestelde familie – het geplaag, de ongedwongen sfeer, …Kortom, ik vind het bij elk boek steeds leuk om de Quins opnieuw te ontmoeten. Dit keer misschien zelfs nog wat leuker vermits we in ‘Het blauw van de baai’ de draad oppikken zo’n achttien jaar na het vorige boek en hierdoor ook de jongere generatie leren kennen. Op dat vlak vind ik het dus ...more
Adi (Reading in the Windowseat)
Hurricane Anna :D Oh, it was nice to see the gang together again. And Seth, all grown up!

I have to say, I'm much more a fan of Nora Roberts stand-alones than her series, but I've loved the Inn Boonsboro Trilogy and the Bride Quartet, and now I have another NR series to add to the favorites. The Chesapeake Bay Quartet is raw and strong and compelling, full of unrest and peace, of ugliness and beauty, loads of disfunctional-fun family scenes and laugh-out-laud moments, and I gobbled the four books
Aug 13, 2015 Natalia815 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts
45 estrellas. Tenía muchísimas dudas con este libro. En mi cabeza siempre he pensado que Seth y Aubrey acabarían juntos y al leer el resumen me lleve una decepción. Me ha gustado como han resuelto el tema. Dru me ha convencido como pareja del pequeño de los Quinn. Seth me ha enamorado, se le han pegado cosas de sus hermanos, que le dan un puntillo canalla e irresistible.

Lo único que no me ha terminado de cuadrar es el tema Gloria, yo le habría dado otro final.

Es la tercera saga que leo de ella,
Mais uma série terminada :-D
Mar 09, 2015 Anita rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 4 of what I think is one of the best series that Nora Roberts has written. It looks like NR played with Seth's age here. If he was 10 in 1998 then he should be only 14 in 2002. Right? Anyway, I really don't care about that. I will accept that Seth is a grown man coming home and let the story unfurl from there.

Seth comes home to the white house on Chesapeake Bay, the only place he has ever felt is home. He has been in Europe tearing up the art scene there, but at 28 he feels the need
This was an interesting one to read and one I was looking forward to reading. We first meet Seth and a kid with lots of problems, see him thrive with his brothers, but what about the man he becomes? Well this book answers that last question.

I loved that Seth pursued art as a career, even better was that he was able to be successful. I was a bit surprised that he left the Quinn family, but later when we learned why, it made sense. I guess I wasn't surprised that Gloria turned back up, Seth was ma
Jul 07, 2013 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brain-candy
The last book in the Chesapeake Bay series and I think it's my absolute favourite.

This book takes place 18 years after the first three. Seth is now a 28 year old man with a very successful career as a painter. After four years in Europe he comes home to St Christopher, to be back with his family and to try and sort out the trouble from his past that is continuing to haunt him.

Drusilla Whitcomb Banks has been living in St Christopher for a year, escaping the expectations and pressures of her fami
Nice setting, interesting people, family lifestyle is very appealing as is the fall in love romance.

Anna and Cam's noisy family with the yelling and blaring music - ugh.

Aubrey was a bit of a disappointment.

Seth is like Phillip in taste in women. Sometimes I confused the stories. At least there is more story and less gratuitous sex in this one. Seth seems to know how to respect and cherish the woman he loves.
Glad he has a happily ever after.

Could have done without the Stella visits. Not sure it
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Survivor In Death (In Death, #20)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Chesapeake Bay Saga (4 books)
  • Sea Swept (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #1)
  • Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #2)
  • Inner Harbor (Chesapeake Bay Saga, #3)

“It's not an exaggeration to say that they saved my life. Ray Quinn, then Cam and Ethan and Phil. They turned their world around for me, and because of it, turned mine around with it. Anna and Grace and Sybill, Aubrey too. They made a home for me, and nothing that happened before matters nearly as much as everything that came after.” 8 likes
“I want to come home. Not just for a few days or a couple weeks. I want to stay. Can I stay?"
Cam drew off his sunglasses, and his eyes, smoke-gray, met Seth's. "What the hell's the matter with you that you think you have to ask? You trying to piss me off?"
"I never had to try, nobody does with you. Anyway, I'll pull my weight."
"You always pulled your weight. And we missed seeing your ugly face around here."
And that, Seth thought as they walked to the car, was all the welcome he needed from Cameron Quinn.”