Secrets

Secrets (Delanza Family #1)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  325 ratings  ·  14 reviews
A breathtaking tale of duty and desire from one of romantic fiction's most sensuous voices—Brenda Joyce

Injured during a train robbery, Regina Shelton, the daughter of a British earl, awakens with no memory of who she is—and in the arms of the most handsome man she has ever seen. The dangerous stranger calls her "Elizabeth," and his touch sets her blood racing, impelling he...more
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 1st 1993)

Ivana
It is very hard for me (almost impossible it seems) to be objective when it comes to Brenda Joyce. See I'm not such a big fan of historical romances, but I adore every one of Joyce's books read so far, and I think that says a lot, it says it all actually. I think she might easily be my favorite historical romance author. So when I saw this book having mixed reviews I had no clue what to expect ...

But for me personally, Brenda Joyce once more delivered. I enjoyed this book very much. I read it i...more
Barbara M.
1 Star...I didn't like it at all

I really hate to give Brenda Joyce a 1 Star rating considering she's one of my all time favorite authors, but "Secrets" just wasn't good. I never embraced or got attatched to any of the characters, which is totally weird because usaully Joyce brings her people to such vibrant life...So to me the story was very bland, like reading a script or something. Just Blah!
Book Binge Blog
Regina is on her way via train, with her chaperone, to Paso Robles Resort to take the baths there. She’s in America from England to attend a family wedding and her parents have returned to England. During the ride the train is boarded by thieves and they’re not nice, gentle ones either. When one of the bandits gets a good look at Regina she decides that not only will she save her pearls, she’s going to save her virginity as well. She manages to leave the train car and jumps off the slow moving t...more
Stefanie
I liked this story, but I thought the other books in the series were better.
From the moment Regina lays eyes on Slade she loves him. Slade also feels attracted to her at first sight.But of course there are a lot of misunderstandings because Regina and Slade love each other, but they're afraid to admit it. Also Slade loves his father and the other way around, but again they're afraid to admit it so... even more misunderstandings! So many of them it started to irritate me a little.
However it did l...more
Dayatara
Just not a fan of stories where amnesia is the plot device. If you like or at least do not mind stories where someone has amnesia, you'll probably like this one. I love Brenda Joyce and the Bragg series in particular, but this story is one of my least favorites. Also, the hero got on my nerves. I wanted to scream at him: "How many times and how many different ways does someone have to tell you they love you before you believe it???" It was frustrating!
Helm Ehmy Ilarde
Benda Joyce portrayed Regina Shelton as a girl grown to woman very well! I love how the story ended up and how she described a couple's life and their issues. Although those things seems laughable, there should be understanding between family. Secrets--any secret, whatever its size--and fears can become the very thing that can break any kind of union.
Lukman Manggo
From all part of The Bragg Saga stories I read this part was most wonderful teary lovely one.
How love can unite everything. The loves of Slade to Regina Bragg, and his reunited with his father went through well. Good book
Thanks to the Author of this series, Brenda Joyce. Thanks for the wonderful tale you put in them.
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This book takes place in California in the last months of the 19th century. There is deception and some mystery. You know through the whole book that they will end up together, but the journey there is interesting. Another good book by this author, although it leans to the romance side of her books.
Maggie
Mar 18, 2008 Maggie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition Recommends it for: Sarah
This is one of the few romances set in the old west that I like. Slade is wonderful, Regina is wonderful, so it stands to reason that the steamy parts are...well, you get the idea.
Teniola
Can't read enough of Brenda Joyce's books....they are all interesting.
Marilyn
Train robbery. Regina Shelton. Slade Delanza. Pub 1993.
vampirebitme
i couldn't put it down!!!
Loretta
I LOVED THISSSSSSSSSSSS!
Izzie
Izzie added it
Apr 20, 2014
Rimzeth Dawood
Rimzeth Dawood marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
AS27
AS27 added it
Apr 18, 2014
Emma Clark
Emma Clark marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2014
Angeline
Angeline marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2014
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2014
Gillian
Gillian marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Victoria
Victoria is currently reading it
Apr 06, 2014
Lexi
Lexi marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Che Florendo
Che Florendo marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Greenprarie
Greenprarie marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2014
  • Midnight Rider
  • Love, Cherish Me
  • Treasure of the Sun
  • The Viking's Woman (Viking, #2)
  • Someone Like You (Night Riders, #4)
  • Dream Lover
  • No Other Man (No Other, #1)
  • Beloved
  • Beloved Enemy
  • Only Love (Only Series, #4)
  • Tiger's Eye
  • Compromised Hearts
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in...more
More about Brenda Joyce...
Dark Rival (Masters of Time, #2) Dark Seduction (Masters of Time, #1) Dark Embrace (Rose Trilogy, #1; Masters of Time Series, #3) The Conqueror Dark Victory (Rose Trilogy, #2; Masters of Time, #4)