Start by marking “Secrets” as Want to Read:
Secrets

Secrets (Delanza Family #1)

3.82  ·  Rating Details  ·  451 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A breathtaking tale of duty and desire from one of romantic fiction's most sensuous voices—Brenda Joyce

Injured during a train robbery, Regina Shelton, the daughter of a British earl, awakens with no memory of who she is—and in the arms of the most handsome man she has ever seen. The dangerous stranger calls her "Elizabeth," and his touch sets her blood racing, impelling h
Published October 6th 2009 by HarperCollins e-books (first published April 1st 1993)

To ask other readers questions about Secrets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secrets

Barbara
Nov 14, 2009 Barbara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1 Star...I didn't like it at all

I really hate to give Brenda Joyce a 1 Star rating considering she's one of my all time favorite authors, but "Secrets" just wasn't good. I never embraced or got attatched to any of the characters, which is totally weird because usaully Joyce brings her people to such vibrant life...So to me the story was very bland, like reading a script or something. Just Blah!
Ivana
Feb 13, 2014 Ivana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is very hard for me (almost impossible it seems) to be objective when it comes to Brenda Joyce. See I'm not such a big fan of historical romances, but I adore every one of Joyce's books read so far, and I think that says a lot, it says it all actually. I think she might easily be my favorite historical romance author. So when I saw this book having mixed reviews I had no clue what to expect ...

But for me personally, Brenda Joyce once more delivered. I enjoyed this book very much. I read it i
Shirlene
Regina Shelton had come to America for the wedding of her cousin Lucy and Shoz Savage. She left a former beau in England and was in no hurry to return home because he was now engaged to someone else. Her plan was to return to home to her parents in September to find out who her father arranged for her to marry. Regina was on a train bound for San Francisco to visit relatives there because she'd had enough of Texas. The train was held up and people were being shot. Regina jumped off the train. Th ...more
Mary
Jun 25, 2015 Mary rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This story was maybe ok at first, but soon it started to annoy me.
It became boring to read Regina's desperate, naive and confusing thoughts. It was ok when she had amnesia, but after she remembered, I couldn't believe that she was always going after Slade. And he was horrible to her most of time.
I didn't feel any chemistry between them. They were attracted to each other, but other than that, they haven't had a single meaningful conversation.

Slade was always angry and cold and no matter the re
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 Book Binge rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-review
Regina is on her way via train, with her chaperone, to Paso Robles Resort to take the baths there. She’s in America from England to attend a family wedding and her parents have returned to England. During the ride the train is boarded by thieves and they’re not nice, gentle ones either. When one of the bandits gets a good look at Regina she decides that not only will she save her pearls, she’s going to save her virginity as well. She manages to leave the train car and jumps off the slow moving t ...more
Kathy
Jun 21, 2014 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets

Love it!!! Unexpected ending with possibilities is several new books in the series. James's and Edward's stories a must. Please!!
Stefanie
I liked this story, but I thought the other books in the series were better.
From the moment Regina lays eyes on Slade she loves him. Slade also feels attracted to her at first sight. But of course there are a lot of misunderstandings because Regina and Slade love each other, but they're afraid to admit it. Also Slade loves his father and the other way around, but again they're afraid to admit it so... even more misunderstandings! So many of them it started to irritate me a little.
However it did
Donna
Sep 18, 2015 Donna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Let some unanswered questions that I hope will be answered in After Innocence.
Dayatara
Jun 19, 2012 Dayatara rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just not a fan of stories where amnesia is the plot device. If you like or at least do not mind stories where someone has amnesia, you'll probably like this one. I love Brenda Joyce and the Bragg series in particular, but this story is one of my least favorites. Also, the hero got on my nerves. I wanted to scream at him: "How many times and how many different ways does someone have to tell you they love you before you believe it???" It was frustrating!
Helm Ehmy Ilarde
Benda Joyce portrayed Regina Shelton as a girl grown to woman very well! I love how the story ended up and how she described a couple's life and their issues. Although those things seems laughable, there should be understanding between family. Secrets--any secret, whatever its size--and fears can become the very thing that can break any kind of union.
Lukman Manggo
From all part of The Bragg Saga stories I read this part was most wonderful teary lovely one.
How love can unite everything. The loves of Slade to Regina Bragg, and his reunited with his father went through well. Good book
Thanks to the Author of this series, Brenda Joyce. Thanks for the wonderful tale you put in them.
Stacie  M. Ritchie
This book takes place in California in the last months of the 19th century. There is deception and some mystery. You know through the whole book that they will end up together, but the journey there is interesting. Another good book by this author, although it leans to the romance side of her books.
Teniola
Apr 17, 2012 Teniola rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Can't read enough of Brenda Joyce's books....they are all interesting.
Marilyn
Aug 27, 2010 Marilyn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brenda-joyce
Train robbery. Regina Shelton. Slade Delanza. Pub 1993.
vampirebitme
Nov 11, 2010 vampirebitme rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i couldn't put it down!!!
Loretta
Jan 10, 2011 Loretta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THISSSSSSSSSSSS!
ira l
ira l rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Susanna Korhonen
Susanna Korhonen rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Viola Prins
Viola Prins marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2016
geraldine
geraldine rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Amina Ector
Amina Ector marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2016
Tina
Tina added it
Jan 27, 2016
Darcy
Darcy marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2016
Gwen
Gwen rated it it was amazing
Jan 25, 2016
Tai
Tai added it
Jan 25, 2016
Lyndsay Evans
Lyndsay Evans marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
  • Tomorrow the Glory
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • The Unlikely Angel
  • Compromised Hearts
  • Only Mine (Only Series, #2)
  • The Accidental Bride (Bride, #2)
  • The Heather Moon (Scottish Clans, #1)
  • The Temptress (The Bride Quest II Book 3)
  • Natchez Flame (Southern, #3)
  • Bride of a Wicked Scotsman (McBride Family, #3)
  • In Your Arms Again (Ryland Brothers, #3)
  • Prince of Swords
  • Indigo Blue (Comanche, #3)
  • The Inheritance
  • Scandal of the Black Rose
  • Highland Spirits (Highland, #4)
  • Laurel (Seven Brides, #4)
  • Someday Soon
Brenda Joyce is the bestselling author of forty-one novels and five novellas. She has won many awards, and her debut novel, Innocent Fire, won a Best Western Romance award. She has also won the highly coveted Best Historical Romance award for Splendor and Two Lifetime Achievement Awards from Romantic Times BOOKreviews. There are over 14 million copies of her novels in print and she is published in ...more
More about Brenda Joyce...

Delanza Family (2 books)
  • After Innocence (Delanza, #2)