Start by marking “Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ” as Want to Read:
Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ

Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This is a pre-1923 historical reproduction that was curated for quality. Quality assurance was conducted on each of these books in an attempt to remove books with imperfections introduced by the digitization process. Though we have made best efforts - the books may have occasional errors that do not impede the reading experience. We believe this work is culturally importan ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Banner of Truth (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ

Lance Kinzer
It is to the great credit of the puritans that they felt such a passion for plumbing the depths of every word of scripture. Here Bunyan, whose own life saw periods of crushing doubt, spends 225 pages exploring the great comfort to be found in a single verse - John 6:37. I found this book a great encouragement, especially in its treatment of the phrase, "I will in no wise cast out." Here Bunyan counsels those of tender conscience who would come to Jesus but for their sense of unworthiness: "What ...more
Mark A Powell
Bunyan's book is a thorough exposition of one verse, John 6:37, that unveils the absolute promise of God to forever save all whom are His through the person and work of Jesus Christ. Bunyan is a gifted writer, and one imagines his ability to communicate this text via sermon would be equally passionate. Come and Welcome, while perhaps not the grandest of Puritan works, remains a decidedly helpful tool in understanding God's election, salvation, and assurance.
Melinda
This book was written by John Bunyan, writer of "Pilgrim's Progress". Bunyan bases all of these wonderful sermons and lectures on John 3: 37 "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

Have you sinned? Have you doubt? Have you been a backslider and continued in sin you despise? Bunyan addresses these and many more aspects of removing doubts that we have and approaches to difficulties of sinning and backsliding in the approach to Christ.
Benjamin Glaser
Excellent treatment of John 6:37.

Highly Recommend.
Jeff M.
This book is an exposition of John 6:37. John Bunyan was a passionate writer, and in this book he pleads with sinners and backsliders (like me) to come to Christ, removing every obstacle in their way. For Bunyan there was no tension between Calvinism and the free offer of the gospel.
Justin Andrusk
Another classic Bunyan work; concise, clear, and pragmatic. I love how Bunyan takes such a simple question(Coming to Christ) and draws such rich applications and conclusions to the subject. Really enjoyed it.
Luke Evans
Good, not great, book. For its intent, an exposition of John 6:37, very helpful. Not a lot of gold nuggets like most Puritan works. But, you can't go wrong reading these guys.
Holly
Aug 17, 2009 Holly added it
Come and Welcome to Jesus Christ (Puritan Paperbacks) by John Bunyan (2004)
Bryan
This is my favorite of all the John Bunyan books I have read so far. Every Christian should read this.
Joanne Krom
Joanne Krom marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Patrice Jacobson
Patrice Jacobson marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Jon
Jon is currently reading it
Jan 16, 2015
James Blackman
James Blackman marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2015
Aaron Will
Aaron Will marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
TC
TC added it
Nov 30, 2014
Captain Bex
Captain Bex marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2014
Noel Bass
Noel Bass marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Jonathan Mcguire
Jonathan Mcguire marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Peter Clegg
Peter Clegg marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2014
Glen Bonnet
Glen Bonnet marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Ross Estep
Ross Estep marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Sharon Gray
Sharon Gray marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2014
Pasca
Pasca marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
Franklin
Franklin marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
John Bunyan, a Christian writer and preacher, was born at Harrowden (one mile south-east of Bedford), in the Parish of Elstow, England. He wrote The Pilgrim's Progress, arguably the most famous published Christian allegory. In the Church of England he is remembered with a Lesser Festival on 30 August.
More about John Bunyan...
The Pilgrim's Progress Grace Abounding to the Chief of Sinners The Holy War Pilgrim's Progress, Part 2: Christiana Prayer