Too Hot To Handle (Forbidden Fantasies #16)

Too Hot To Handle (Forbidden Fantasies)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  68 ratings  ·  13 reviews

Manhattan jewelry designer Lexy Drake knew the warning signs even as she was tempted to have a fling. Charles Pendegraff III was too rich, too good-looking--and light-fingered. He stole the mysterious Isabella Emeralds from right under her nose--along with stealing her heart.
Rule #1 for Charlie: never have a fling with your "mark." But Lexy was so hot--and the jewels even...more
Published March 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

Melinda
I read this book and I kept thinking how is it that she doesn't end up arrested? Is it because she's white? I couldn't let this idea go so all of my effort to suspend disbelieve just didn't work. Other than this I actually enjoyed this book. The who did it aspect got confusing towards the end. I had figured it out but I had a hard time with the way it was explained.

Lexy and Charlie are fun together. He's high handed and overly self assured. She's refuses to be bulldozed into giving in to him. I...more
Jane Stewart
Pleasant reading, but I wanted something a little more special or different. It also needed more showing about the bad guys.

STORY BRIEF:
Lexi works with precious metals and gems creating jewelry. She does custom pieces for the wealthy as well as costume pieces sold in stores. She has her own shop in Soho. A customer comes in with an antique emerald necklace, asking Lexi to change the setting to something more modern. Lexi locks the piece in her safe. That night, Charlie breaks in and steals it. L...more
Marcia
This is a fun Harlequin Blaze by my favorite go-to category romance author, Nancy Warren. In this one, our heroine, Lexy Drake, is a jewelry designer; our hero, Charles Pendergraff III, is a thief. They meet, he tries to steal priceless gems from her safe, they are both pursued by bad guys, he kidnaps her, and then they fall in love. There's more to the story of course, but I don't want to give the adventure away. There's some hot sex, but, as in all Warren's books that I've read, it compliments...more
Terri Pray
Not bad, a little clutsy in places but enjoyable nevertheless. Liked the idea of how the hero and heroine meet and Lexy Drake makes a good heroine without being weak. The background of Charles was a lovely twist.

The one big issue I had was the way the story ended, it telegraphed after a long lead in to the finale and that's what dropped this down to a three star.
Deb
This was a cute book. What I'd expect from Nancy Warren, a light, funny read with likable characters. A sexy, smart ex-thief and an intellignet, fiesty heroine. It wasn't too "hot" considering it's a Blaze book, but I was looking for a fast, funny read with a simple plot and that's what I got.
Jen
The story was downright ridiculous, but can I just say Healey was really hot, for a chauffeur. Oh dear lord it's not the Edward complex is it? Stranger stalking protecting his prey his interests...
Dawn ♥ romance
An enjoyable story with lots of action that moved right along. I liked the secondary romance but I never bought into the hero's profession so the plot didn't seem realistic. Thief Charles robs jewelry designer Lexy.
Christine
I think, overall, the story was okay. I listened to the audio book and the voice the narrator used for the hero kind of annoyed me.
I may have enjoyed this book more if I had actually read it myself.
Mrs.soule
The romance between the assistant & bodyguard was much more believable and entertaining than that of the main characters.
Anne OK
Another light, quick and fun read. I needed a break from dark and deep and series books. This book fit the bill quite nicely.
Carrie
The book had potential, but didn't quite live up to it. It was a fast, enjoyable read, but nothing memorable.
♡Karlyn P♡
Meh. While there were some cute moments, overall a silly story that lacked sizzle.
Jamie DeBree
Loved it! Fun, intense read.
Swapna Patil
Swapna Patil marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Rettah
Rettah marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Amy Wright
Amy Wright marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Mariska
Mariska marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
Angelika Woolls
Angelika Woolls marked it as to-read
May 01, 2014
Sassy
Sassy marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2014
Eva Mack
Eva Mack marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2014
Val Paquette
Val Paquette marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
Val Paquette
Val Paquette marked it as to-read
Feb 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri...more
More about Nancy Warren...
Speed Dating (Harlequin NASCAR, #2) Bad Boys On Board (Includes: Watson Brothers, #1) Bad Boys With Expensive Toys Bad Boys Down Under Power Play