Start by marking “Too Hot To Handle (Forbidden Fantasies #16)” as Want to Read:
Too Hot To Handle (Forbidden Fantasies #16)

Too Hot To Handle (Forbidden Fantasies #16)

Manhattan jewelry designer Lexy Drake knew the warning signs even as she was tempted to have a fling. Charles Pendegraff III was too rich, too good-looking--and light-fingered. He stole the mysterious Isabella Emeralds from right under her nose--along with stealing her heart.
Rule #1 for Charlie: never have a fling with your "mark." But Lexy was so hot--and the jewels even
Published March 1st 2010 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Too Hot To Handle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Too Hot To Handle

Jane Stewart
Pleasant reading, but I wanted something a little more special or different. It also needed more showing about the bad guys.

STORY BRIEF:
Lexi works with precious metals and gems creating jewelry. She does custom pieces for the wealthy as well as costume pieces sold in stores. She has her own shop in Soho. A customer comes in with an antique emerald necklace, asking Lexi to change the setting to something more modern. Lexi locks the piece in her safe. That night, Charlie breaks in and steals it. L
Melinda
Apr 27, 2014 Melinda rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I read this book and I kept thinking how is it that she doesn't end up arrested? Is it because she's white? I couldn't let this idea go so all of my effort to suspend disbelieve just didn't work. Other than this I actually enjoyed this book. The who did it aspect got confusing towards the end. I had figured it out but I had a hard time with the way it was explained.

Lexy and Charlie are fun together. He's high handed and overly self assured. She's refuses to be bulldozed into giving in to him. I
Marcia
This is a fun Harlequin Blaze by my favorite go-to category romance author, Nancy Warren. In this one, our heroine, Lexy Drake, is a jewelry designer; our hero, Charles Pendergraff III, is a thief. They meet, he tries to steal priceless gems from her safe, they are both pursued by bad guys, he kidnaps her, and then they fall in love. There's more to the story of course, but I don't want to give the adventure away. There's some hot sex, but, as in all Warren's books that I've read, it compliments ...more
Terri Pray
Apr 15, 2012 Terri Pray rated it liked it
Not bad, a little clutsy in places but enjoyable nevertheless. Liked the idea of how the hero and heroine meet and Lexy Drake makes a good heroine without being weak. The background of Charles was a lovely twist.

The one big issue I had was the way the story ended, it telegraphed after a long lead in to the finale and that's what dropped this down to a three star.
Deb
May 24, 2010 Deb rated it liked it
This was a cute book. What I'd expect from Nancy Warren, a light, funny read with likable characters. A sexy, smart ex-thief and an intellignet, fiesty heroine. It wasn't too "hot" considering it's a Blaze book, but I was looking for a fast, funny read with a simple plot and that's what I got.
Dawn ♥ romance
Feb 25, 2013 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it
An enjoyable story with lots of action that moved right along. I liked the secondary romance but I never bought into the hero's profession so the plot didn't seem realistic. Thief Charles robs jewelry designer Lexy.
Jen
Mar 27, 2010 Jen rated it liked it
The story was downright ridiculous, but can I just say Healey was really hot, for a chauffeur. Oh dear lord it's not the Edward complex is it? Stranger stalking protecting his prey his interests...
Christine
I think, overall, the story was okay. I listened to the audio book and the voice the narrator used for the hero kind of annoyed me.
I may have enjoyed this book more if I had actually read it myself.
♡Karlyn P♡
Meh. While there were some cute moments, overall a silly story that lacked sizzle.
Carrie
The book had potential, but didn't quite live up to it. It was a fast, enjoyable read, but nothing memorable.
Janet
Nov 04, 2016 Janet rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
HBZ #526
Mrs.soule
Sep 21, 2011 Mrs.soule rated it it was ok
The romance between the assistant & bodyguard was much more believable and entertaining than that of the main characters.
Anne OK
Apr 14, 2010 Anne OK rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010-reads
Another light, quick and fun read. I needed a break from dark and deep and series books. This book fit the bill quite nicely.
Melanie
Melanie rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2011
Karla
Karla rated it it was ok
Nov 05, 2012
Laurie
Laurie rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2012
M
M rated it it was ok
May 31, 2010
Mindin
Mindin rated it liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Nastusa
Nastusa rated it it was amazing
Mar 31, 2010
Sarah Mizanin
Sarah Mizanin rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2016
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2010
Bruce McKay
Bruce McKay rated it liked it
Nov 21, 2015
Jamie DeBree
Feb 08, 2010 Jamie DeBree rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Fun, intense read.
Raycad15
Raycad15 rated it it was ok
Jul 25, 2014
Deb
Deb rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2010
Camille
Camille rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2011
Alina
Alina rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2010
December
December rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Simon Says...
  • Night After Night...
  • The Mighty Quinns: Ian (The Mighty Quinns, #10)
  • The Concubine
  • Hold on to the Nights (Dressed to Thrill #3) (Harlequin Blaze #504)
  • The Tutor (Harlequin Blaze, #552)
  • Starstruck (Harlequin Blaze #508)
  • Hot under Pressure (Harlequin Blaze #485)
  • Relentless (In Too Deep #2)
  • The Personal Touch (Harlequin Blaze, #484)
  • A Prince of a Guy / Goldie and the Three Brothers (Blazing Bedtime Stories, #5)
  • Riding the Waves
  • High Stakes Seduction (Uniformly Hot!, #17)
  • Make Your Move (Harlequin Blaze, #542)
  • Her Sexy Valentine
  • Ripped!
  • The Rebel
  • My Front Page Scandal (Harlequin Blaze #352)
Nancy Warren is the USA Today bestselling author of more than fifty novels.

She’s known for writing funny, sexy and suspenseful tales. She calls Vancouver, Canada home though she tends to wander. She’s an avid hiker, animal lover, wine drinker and chocolate fiend. Favorite moments in her career include being featured on the front page of the New York Times when she launched Harlequin’s NASCAR seri
More about Nancy Warren...