Start by marking “Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions #2)” as Want to Read:
Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions #2)

Marrick's Promise (Thrown to the Lions #2)

Marrick thinks that being thrown to the lions will be the ultimate adrenaline rush, and he’s not disappointed. But his plan is to try everything life has to offer once. He has no intention of visiting the lions again.

Blaine and Luther don’t expect to give any of the human sacrifices they share another thought once they leave the den. This man’s different. They have no inte
Published June 23rd 2010 by Resplendence Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Marrick's Promise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marrick's Promise

Change of Heart by Mary CalmesWith Caution by J.L. LangleyWithout Reservations by J.L. LangleyDuck! by Kim DareTrusted Bond by Mary Calmes
Best Gay Shifters
957 books — 1,319 voters
Collared for a Night by Susan ArdenThe Vampire Queen's Servant by Joey W. HillThe Mark of the Vampire Queen by Joey W. HillBeloved Vampire by Joey W. HillVampire Mistress by Joey W. Hill
Paranormal BDSM
201 books — 392 voters

More lists with this book...

JenMcJ
Feb 07, 2010 JenMcJ rated it really liked it
Serena Yates
Feb 08, 2010 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-m
This second volume in the "Thrown to the Lions" series is just as fascinating as the first. While the story is very different, the central theme is the same: the shifter partners think they know everything and are very surprised when "their" human teaches them otherwise.

Luther and Blaine are lion shifters who believe they know how to relate to the human they have chosen as their pet. The fact that they have to be super careful with him has been drilled into them by Arslan, their leader. However,
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Marrick is a young man who wants to live his life at the fullest after being very ill as a child. He wants to experience pain, fear, he wants to overcome those emotions and be stronger for it. He is thrown to the lions and he catches the attention of Blaine and Luther, who soon sees him as a potential mate. They want to protect him, but they end up mothering in, making him unhappy. The story is about finding the only way to be happy together.

The setting is interesting, but not sufficiently sketc
Deanna
Mar 26, 2010 Deanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, ebook, weres-shifters
I didn't really care for the first book Ryland's Sacrifice, but I'm happy to say that this one was much better. Blaine and Luther are hilarious. Buff, blonde and ignorant to the ways of humans.
Betryal
Feb 16, 2010 Betryal rated it liked it
Emma Sea
Jun 01, 2012 Emma Sea rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, menage, shifter
I usually love menage books, but this one left me a bit cold, because the two Doms seem to be a bit lacking upstairs (more than just being werelions). I like D/s relationships where there is a psychological bond between the Dom and sub. These guys don't have it: they're "mates" therefore they're drawn together. That's not enough for me (and if it was, I, Omega did it better, anyway). The BDSM was pretty much scratching (I wouldn't term it scraification, although in book 3 it's clear Merrick has ...more
Brenda (b)
I enjoyed reading the sotry of Blaine, Luther and Marrick finding a way to make the relationship between them work. Blaine and Luther had to learn Marrick wasn't as breakable as they thought all humans were. And Marrick had discover that they could take care of him without smothering him.
Tara
In this second book in the series, Marrick is thrown to the werelions. This time Blaine & Luther, two lion lovers take n interest in him. But they struggle to find the balance between keeping him happy and keeping him safe, and whether they can do that dictates whether they can keep him.

This story was okay. There seemed to be a set up for the two lions, who were established lovers to struggle with sharing one mate, but after a few hints that it could be a problem it was never really dealt wi
Adara
Oct 08, 2010 Adara rated it really liked it
I like how the motivating forces behind Kim's characters always makes them a good fit for each other in the end, no matter the trials in between. I was a bit surprised that Arslan didn't give them a bit more resistance about the one lion, one pet rule given his insistence on other rules, and particularly after his insistence on the rules (not that one in specific, but overall) in the car when driving Marrick home the second time. It was mentioned in the beginning and then never brought up again. ...more
Vivian
Aug 13, 2013 Vivian rated it liked it
Luther and Blaine, the lovable and boisterous youngsters in love who find a pet worth their attention for more than a night. But, youthful indiscretion has left them with some baggage to heave ho before Marrick's willing to sign up. Marrick has his own issues to come to terms with before he can accept the compromises one makes for a relationship.

A bit more of the world of lions and men is explained during this sexy menage. Sweet with just a hint of claw.

Favorite quote:
"There's living a life not
Chris
Oct 17, 2010 Chris rated it really liked it
Very good kinky paranormal m/m/m romance about a young man who's determined to live life to the fullest and try everything once (but not necessarily twice). Will he change his mind after getting thrown to the (were)lions?
David
Apr 08, 2011 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice work Kim, putting open dialog and trust foremost in the story. Of course the sex was pretty hot too. This was my first in the Lion series and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks again.
Mandi
Jul 01, 2010 Mandi rated it really liked it
I'm not usually a fan of m/m/m, but since this was by one of my favorite authors, I had to give it a try. And so glad I did! Really enjoyed it. (and the cover art is hot!)
Clover
May 16, 2010 Clover rated it liked it
Good story even if I liked more the 1st book.
waiting for the next book with a lot of impatience^^
Carolyn88
Sep 17, 2010 Carolyn88 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, m-m-romance, bdsm
This is a lionwere book. Marrick has to decide if he wants to join the pack. This is really a great book. The sex is hot and the development of the realtionships is really good.
Fox
Feb 09, 2016 Fox rated it it was ok

It was a re-read and it didn't really work for me this time.
Alex
Jul 12, 2011 Alex rated it liked it
Overall
This blurb, specifically the last line, is extremely misleading. The majority of the novel isn't about "can we make this threesome work?" In fact, aside from some initial struggle where Luther and Blaine make faces at one another and try to make sure they are both OK with what's happening (emotionally), the two were-lions are pretty comfortable with Marrick as their pet. I thought that it worked for this story, since that concept wasn't really the focus of the story.

In fact, the focus of
Phaney
Dec 10, 2014 Phaney rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2014 Re-read:

These books make me stupidly happy. I shouldn’t be this giddy. I mean, ménages are not something I’d ever seek out. And there were uncomfortable concerns in this one. At the same time? It just really worked.
It’s so amazingly lovely to be reading something that’s about more than basic sex and/or those overly simplified issues that tend to provide plot for the majority of fluff. I hadn’t even remembered this volume as so very favourable. But it really was.

Guess I am just really lucky!
Secilia_numa
Nov 06, 2015 Secilia_numa rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, bdsm, shifter
This is the 2nd book in "Thrown to the Lions" series by Kim Dare.

In this world, werelions are known to co-exist with humans. Werelions live in a pride, and learn how to lay with humans without hurting them through a tradition of "sacrifice". Once a week, a human sacrifice is brought into the pride where unmated lions can do whatever to the naked, blindfolded and handcuffed sacrifice within the boundary of a safeword. In most cases, sacrifices are "adrenalin-junkies, pain-sluts or whores," who e
KimberlyRose
The idea of this story and some of the scenes were wonderful, definitely worth my reading time, my thinking and visualization time. Dim-witted but adorable, Hulk 1 and Hulk 2 were likeable, loveable even. The insta-love was tolerable with the mate concept, but still wobbly.

But, the repetition. Oh, the repetition.

I read over and over about what Marrick needed (he was sorta self-centred, come to think of it) and how this befuddled the two hunky werelions. Simple things, such as requesting they u
Tam
Jan 24, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, feline-shifters
Marrick is an adrenalin junkie who hangs out at the BDSM clubs and figures it will be a lark to be thrown to the lions. Another rush. Were-lion Mates Blaine and Luthor are instantly attracted to him and despite knowing it's only one night, start stalking him. Finally they "rescue" him at a BDSM club and Arslan agrees they can "court" him. Sure it's all fun and games, two hot sexy guys, however Marrick likes it rough (as in scar inducing rough) and the lions have been taught that you have to be g ...more
Jimmy Hanson
Jul 27, 2010 Jimmy Hanson rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010, menage, shifter, bdsm
The byplay between humans and lions continues, with a pair of lions who have experienced first-hand what happens when they're not as careful as they need to be with a human. But Marrick's a bit of a pain slut, and he grows more and more frustrated with their lack of wanting to hurt him - to a manageable degree.

A lot of the conflict could have been solved by simple conversation. Marrick got upset repeatedly at the Luther and Blaine, but didn't bother trying to explain WHY. Sure, I'd get upset if
mlady_rebecca
Been awhile since I read the first book in this series. About 2 1/2 years. The main reason this got set aside was I prefer paperbacks to books I have to read on the pc. (I don't have an eReader at the moment.) But a power failure and a laptop with battery power was a good enough excuse to dig it out.

Erotica. BDSM. Bondage. M/M sex. Threesome. Oh, and kitty cat shape-shifters.

Marrick is an adrenaline junkie who is "thrown to the lions" and gets paired up with lovers Blaine and Luther. After a ni
Becky Condit
Oct 05, 2013 Becky Condit rated it it was amazing
Please leave comments on Becky's 5 sweet pea review of Marrick's Promise at http://mrsconditreadsbooks.com/index....

“The idea is to feel the fear and do it anyway. That’s what makes you feel alive.”

This book was such fun to read. Everybody is having to adjust to new ways of thinking. The biggest barrier to everyone’s happiness is communication, or lack thereof.

Blaine and Luther are quite certain they know exactly how to treat a pet, but Merrick has different ideas and soon it’s the human telli
Tamela
Love the "Thrown to the Lions" series. This is actually a re-read for one of my challenges and since I wasn't a member the first time I read it, I never reviewed it or added to my read bookshelf.

This book was a little harder to get in to because I didn't understand Marrick's view point, or maybe it's because though the two lion's and Marrick cared for each other, they never TALKED about what they wanted or needed, just a lot of assumptions. For some reason this match up didn't seem to delve as
Timeforme
Every so often I go on a Kim Dare binge and wind up devouring one of her series. Last time it was the Pack Discipline series and this time around I zooming through the Thrown to the Lions series. They are such a great quick read. Love Marrick's book with his two hunky lion lovers: Blaine and Luther. I think it is interesting to watch a sub (Marrick) force his masters (Blaine and Luther) to get the attention he needs to be happy. I don't really think that Blaine or Luther are true Doms. They just ...more
Gwengwel
Second book and more question remained unanswered

"The tradition has kept humans safe and lions accepted within the human world for
hundreds of years."

Since we know that's because of Blaine and Luther that this law exist, it's easily to deduce that they are more older than one hundred years. And what happen to their human, their mate?

Can you become a Werelion? Or you have to be born of parents Werelions? Do they work? Go to school?
And so much more question...

As for the personage I like a little
Georgie
Jul 05, 2012 Georgie rated it really liked it
No one understand Marrick. That was my first thought throughout the book, no one understands what he needs and what he craves. Being thrown to the lions was an adrenaline rush, he didn’t expect to fall in love and when he did Luther and Blaine didn’t understand him. Some parts of this book I thought maybe Marrick will give up and be their pet, but in the end it would say pet rules masters in this book. It made me sad when Luther and Blaine explained the first time with a human, why they were afr ...more
Nene
Aug 02, 2010 Nene rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed book two of this series, but still wish we could get more insight into the Lions! Marrick is a difficult character to understand in this book. In some ways, he's very wishy-washy. Although the author does reveal some of it, it still made for a difficult time enjoying the connection between Marrick and his lions. That said, its great to read about a shifter group that isn't written about often!

(Beware of typos in this book...they abound.)
M'rella
I am a little disappointed in this particular book. First two thirds of it is PWP; I got lost in multiple hands, legs, lips and pronouns. I couldn't figure out Blaine and Luther, most of the time they seemed just plain slow to me. However everything sort of came together at the very end. The book was OK and since I am partial to Kim Dare's fiction, I added another half star.
  • A Tempting Distraction (Lost Shifters #7)
  • Resolution (Refuge Shifters, #4)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Velvet Glove: Volume II
  • Discipline (Deviations, #3)
  • Chains of Love (Blue Ruin, #3)
  • Betrayed (Cursed #2)
  • Hidden Desires (Tri-Omega Mates #3)
  • Feral (Northern Shifters, #2)
  • Duck Fart (Del Fantasma)
  • Love Runes (Gods and Chaos, #2)
  • Dolphin Dreams
Kim is a thirty-three year old bisexual submissive from Wales (UK). First published in 2008, she has since released almost 100 BDSM erotic romance titles ranging from short stories to full length novels. Having worked with a host of fantastic e-publishers, she has just moved into self publishing.

While she has occasionally ventured towards other pairings, Kim's first love is still, and probably alw
More about Kim Dare...

Thrown to the Lions (4 books)
  • Ryland's Sacrifice (Thrown to the Lions #1)
  • Ellery's Duty (Thrown to the Lions #3)
  • Cameron's Pride (Thrown to the Lions #4)