Start by marking “The Ultimate Enemy (Berserker, #5)” as Want to Read:
The Ultimate Enemy (Berserker, #5)

The Ultimate Enemy (Berserker #5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  161 ratings  ·  6 reviews
BERSERKERS
The death machines are capable of any treachery, able to assume any disguise, motivated only by their prime directive: to seek out and destroy life wherever it may hide.

MAN
The fragile life-form that hides within its puny frame a curiously unquenchable something ... call it 'spirit'. This odd facet of an otherwise undistinguished example of the disease of life has...more
Published 1979 by Ace

To ask other readers questions about The Ultimate Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Ultimate Enemy

Jeff
Saberhagen is the Tolkien of Sci-fi. The stories in this book written in the 1960s have seeded a great many sci-fi productions. The confusing nature of the aggressive robotic intelligence leaves me wanting more... explanation. The colorful descriptions of complex scenes are like the gooey filling in the center of a special piece of chocolate.
Yougo
A pretty decent read. I didn't realize when I picked it up that it was a number of short stories regarding the Berserker universe. The stories are interesting, the plots are compelling and I almost felt that the overarching stories each contained a bit of a poetic quality.

An enjoyable read in the Berserker series.
Jeff Crosby
This was my first return to Saberhagen after many years. It was part of my "stash". The Berserkers are not my favorite Saberhagen creation, but there are two very clever stories in this anthology.
Keith
Book 5 in series; Short Stories);
Heather
A fine example of man verses machine.
bluetyson
Ultimate Enemy (1981)
Chris
Chris marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Haljon
Haljon marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
David Rose
David Rose marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Greg
Greg added it
Aug 30, 2014
Robert Stepien
Robert Stepien marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2014
Paulius
Paulius marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Brian
Brian added it
Jul 24, 2014
Xifax
Xifax marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Lordmachiavelli
Lordmachiavelli marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2014
Craig
Craig added it
Jun 25, 2014
The First Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #1) Berserker (Berserker, #1) The Second Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #2) The Complete Book of Swords (Books of Swords, #1-3) The Lost Swords: The First Triad (Lost Swords, #1-3)