Start by marking “Will the World End in 2012?: A Christian Guide to the Question Everyone's Asking” as Want to Read:

3.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  32 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Will life on earth really come crashing to a halt on December 21, 2012?

Will solar storms trigger devastating earthquakes and volcanoes that obliterate humankind? Will a large-scale science experiment go awry, destroying our civilization? Is Earth on a collision course with an obscure planet? Will any of these events herald the end of the world? Dr. Raymond C. Hundley analy
Published April 19th 2010 by Thomas Nelson (first published March 30th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Will the World End in 2012?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Will the World End in 2012?

Donna
Apr 18, 2010 Donna rated it it was amazing
"...the best preparation for holocaust is holiness." pg. 150

"Will the World End in 2012?" The title of this book is so appropriate for the times in which we live. All around us are books, articles, and happenings that speak about December 21, 2012 as the end of the world. Raymond Hundley deals with many topics including the Mayan calendar, the Hadron Collider, and the predicted future collision with Planet X. His style of writing immediately pulls the reader into each section by beginning with a
Wendi
Apr 09, 2010 Wendi rated it really liked it
Will The World End In 2012?
By Raymond C. Hundley, PH.D.
Published by Thomas Nelson

In this sobering examination of today’s top ten 2012 doomsday theories, Dr. Raymond C. Hundley investigates the speculation and claims of scientists, theologians, technologists, ancient prophets, and even an alien conspiracist. Analysis of each theory is provided along with the creditability and probability of the “events” occurrence on or around December 21, 2012.

Dr. Hundley’s simple, straightforward evaluation o
Raya Whitehouse
In this book the author researches 10 different possible end of the world scenarios. They are: The Mayan Factor, Solar Storms, CERN and the Large Hadron Collider, The Predictions of Nostradamus, The Coming Reversal of the North and South Magnetic Poles, Collision with "Planet X", Earth's Alignment with the Galactic Plane, Eruption of the Super Volcano, The Web Bot Project, and last but not least Religious Predictions of the end of the world.

Now it never really answers the question Will The World
Heather
Jul 06, 2010 Heather rated it really liked it
I’ve never been a dooms day aficionado, in fact, quite the opposite. I don’t want to know. I don’t want the end of the world to come. I know as a Christian, I’m not supposed to worry about the end, but look on it as an exciting time when Jesus comes back for us and we are finally taken back to live with him and the Father.

John 14

1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2) In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to
Cafelilybookreviews
Apr 26, 2010 Cafelilybookreviews rated it it was ok
The media has been swirling with “end of the world” predictions, movies, books – everywhere you look, it’s evident that people are consumed with 2012.

Raymond C. Hundley, the author of Will The World End In 2012 calls it “prediction addiction”. People are so consumed with doomsday that they are having panic attacks and insomnia as they search for answers to this dreadful event.

Although I haven’t read very many books about this subject, this one seems to be different in it’s approach in that it e
Marla
Apr 19, 2010 Marla rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010
Will the World End in 2012? By Raymond C. Hundley, Ph.D. is quick overview of all the major prophecies (end of the Mayan Calendar, Nostradamus), possible scientific occurrences (solar storms, alignment with the Galactic Plane) and the outlandish theories (alien communication) for the time surrounding December 21, 2012. The book is just over 150 pages, so it is a really quick read. I felt this book was a great starting point for anyone wanting to learn more about the possible “impending doom” of ...more
Helene
Jun 27, 2010 Helene rated it liked it
I read this book with a skeptic mind due to the fact that I’ve been wishy-washy on all the theories of the “end of the world”. To say the least, the book was entertaining to read yet I also learned a little bit from it. There were a few theories I had never heard of before, and these theories were essentially shot down as possibilities of the end of the world in the book anyway.

What bothers me slightly is how Dr. Hundley and his publisher market the book as an unbiased look at the end of the wo
Kelsey
Apr 07, 2010 Kelsey rated it really liked it
I enjoyed reading about the 2012 predictions from different cultures and people. I especially liked the epilogue, which included a plan of salvation to make yourself ready when the world is destroyed. I also liked how the author included Bible verses in some of the text, but not overwhelming the book.

I usually don't read non-fiction because I think it's boring and too much like a history class, but Will the World End in 2012? relates to what is going through so many people's minds today, includi
Gregory Rothbard
Dec 23, 2010 Gregory Rothbard rated it liked it
Where will you be in 2012? I asked this question of my co-workers; most said that 2012 will not happen!

But just in case this will be the last night on earth, I will be at my parent's beach condo in Maui Hawaii! I want to see the sun set and watch the Tsunami come take me to Heaven. The wave will look like God's hand coming toward me as I smiled through infinity. I will not panic.

Raymond C. Handley presents the ten theories that are connected to 2012:

1. The Mayan End of their Calendar
2. Solar St
Nancy
Apr 08, 2010 Nancy rated it liked it
This book is thoughtfully written and author's thoughts are supported by scripture. He gives ten theories of apocalyptic events and includes scientific theories and probabilities.

This is an easy read and quite enjoyable. The book presents basic information for someone new to the "End of the World" hype. The author's approach is to examine possible scenarios for the end of the world and does so through philosophy, science, and science fiction, essentially breaking down the threats into bite size
Becca
Nov 03, 2010 Becca rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: religion
I’ll be honest, I picked this book to review because I was intrigued by the subject. I think the world has become obsessed with the idea that the world will end in December 2012. We have all these theories and I thought it would be interesting to not only read about them from a Christian stand point, but logical one as well.

That being said, this book was… interesting.

Overall, I did enjoy reading about the different theories, some of which I had never heard. I felt that the author did a great job
Freda Labianca
Apr 12, 2010 Freda Labianca rated it really liked it
If you are the least bit curious about the topic of Doomsday, or prophecies in general, then read this book.
Despite being a christian book, I find the scientific and factual approach to this book fascinating. The book didn't challenge my faith in any way or change what I believe about 2012, but there was an abundance of interesting content on it. Based on both views, end or no end. Non-believers and believers will all enjoy this book.
Here is my favorite part of the whole book, and ironically it
Pathway Midland
While many will not get caught up in the theories of the end of the world, there are still some people out there who think the world might end this year (2012). This booklet briefly lays out some of the theories/thoughts/research that some point to as the reason that the world will end in 2012. But as a Christian, I don't need to live in fear of the end of the world. This booklet clearly points out the hope of Christians and it ends in a great chapter of how a person can have that same hope. Adm ...more
Adrienna
Jul 30, 2010 Adrienna rated it really liked it
I love how this book based on 10 areas from mythology; scientific; religious aspects with his final predictions or conclusions and preparation for what is to come.

I also talked briefly on www.blogtalkradio.com/Adrienna-Turner show on Midnight Hour on the basis of this book and "Unleashing the Spirit" my unpublished manuscript.
Shadowjac
Shadowjac rated it liked it
Feb 20, 2016
Julio
Julio added it
Dec 23, 2015
Edwin
Edwin rated it it was ok
Nov 12, 2014
Hemlet Kiai
Hemlet Kiai rated it it was ok
May 17, 2015
Stephen
Stephen rated it liked it
Mar 23, 2014
Candia Gilmore
Candia Gilmore marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2013
Trite
Trite marked it as to-read
May 06, 2013
Sybil
Sybil rated it it was amazing
Nov 22, 2012
Ceesar
Ceesar rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2012
Jessie Sara
Jessie Sara rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
David
David rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2014
Julio
Julio rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2011