Presidential Witness: A Novel About What Might Have Happened

Presidential Witness: A Novel About What Might Have Happened

4.83 of 5 stars 4.83  ·  rating details  ·  18 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Joel Seaton's breakout novel has it all. Mix the JFK assassination, a Watergate-like break-in, and clandestine foreign espionage. Then stir in a little McGyver and you have Joel Seaton's heart thumping novel, Presidential Witness. . . . [from back cover].
Paperback, First, 366 pages
Published 2009 by Durban House Press, Inc.

Fred Forbes
Mar 15, 2010 Fred Forbes rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: mystery fans
Recommended to Fred by: the author
Since my father worked for JFK in the West Virginia and New Hampshire primaries, the general election, then later as a government exec, I have an interest in the period and books about JFK.

I have read and heard about several of the conspiracy issues raised in this book - possible mob connections, Castro links, Vietnam hawks, etc. but this book manages to raise some new ones (at least for me) - particularly in the finance and economic arena.

I had the pleasure of meeting Joel and wanting to encour...more
Patti Riposta
Really enjoyed this book. I found myself caring about the characters and was anxious to find out what happened next. The book is action packed and suspenseful. I couldn't put it down! The historical facts and references are right on and author certainly presents some new twists on the familiar question "Who really killed JFK?" You won't be disappointed with "Presidential Witness".
Tom Mueller
Hear Seaton discuss Presidential Witness at the Lakes Region Library on Monday, March 22, 5:30 - 7:30.
Over ten years research went into this engaging work.
Signed copies of his break-out novel will be available; don't miss it!
Lynn Kleck
Great Book! Tough to put down once you start reading it.
Cathy
That I can't wait for book 2!
Erik Knudsen
Joel told me this book was coming out a couple of years ago, and that he had been working on it for quite a while. I bugged him every time I saw him to let me know when it was available. It was well worth the wait to me. We will probably never know what really happened to JFK, but this book definitely opens up some more possibilities. It was hard to put down.
Joanne Barlow
Recommended to anyone who recalls the Kennedy assassination. Descriptive writing, smooth summary. Not at all dry, as some historical fiction can be. Warm relationships well written. Intrigued by the artworks theft which is briefly brought into the story prompting more interest in this topic. Well done, and would buy another book by this author.

Andy Mason
If you were alive when Kennedy was killed and the Warren Commission made their report, you remember all of the speculation. Joel Seaton uses his story line to connect the dots using historical evidence and helps flesh out the motives behind the shooting. A great read.
Phillip E
Entirely plausible. Makes you rethink about what really happened. Having lived through that event, I can really relate to factors as presented.
Sol Anker
Great reading!! Historical fiction Characters well drawn, great story line and suspence!
Jerry Glover
I learned why i enjoyed reading so much. Haven't read a book this good in many many years.
Debi Slone
Very Good Read
Joel Seaton
Joel Seaton marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2013
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2011
Marisella
Marisella marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2010
Joel Seaton, the son of an Army Colonel, lived in Europe and the Middle East most of his childhood life. He played baseball until serving with the Army in Vietnam. After completing his tour of duty, Joel returned to the States and graduated from the University of South Florida. Today, he owns an insurance agency and is a financial advisor. Joel divides his time between Florida and North Carolina.
More about Joel Seaton...