Start by marking “الرمز المفقود” as Want to Read:
الرمز المفقود

الرمز المفقود (Robert Langdon #3)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  336,343 ratings  ·  21,906 reviews
Famed Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon answers an unexpected summons to appear at the U.S. Capitol Building. His planned lecture is interrupted when a disturbing object—artfully encoded with five symbols—is discovered in the building. Langdon recognizes in the find an ancient invitation into a lost world of esoteric, potentially dangerous wisdom. When his mentor Peter So ...more
Paperback, 1st, 479 pages
Published January 13th 2010 by الدار العربية للعلوم-ناشرون (first published September 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about الرمز المفقود, please sign up.

Mikayla I'm usually the same with books, I don't tend to over analyse to much. I just like to enjoy the book for what it is.

I loved The Da Vinci Code, and…more

I loved The Da Vinci Code, and think I preferred it a little more than Angels & Demons. Though I think this is due to thinking this plot was more dragged out, stopping me from reading as quickly as I'd like. But never mind, it was still overall a great book.

What I like about the books the most is that rather than make you criticise religion as some people do, it just allows you to think about it a little more than usual. It just make you wonder in a light hearted way rather than punching you in the gut.(less)
Mugen Even I'm finding it cumbersome but for a different reason. I would rather focus on the action and get on with the plot. And this book is full or…moreEven I'm finding it cumbersome but for a different reason. I would rather focus on the action and get on with the plot. And this book is full or ramblings, doodlings and random musings.(less)

I don’t get all the haters of the Dan Brown books. Are you really going in with the expectation that these books are going to be award-winning, works of art? If so, do you critique every book you read with that same expectation? It would be a pity if you did.

Like movies, I don’t expect every one I watch to be an Academy Award winner. If I did, that would certainly narrow the number of films I’d see. No, I go to be entertained (whatever that may mean on any particular day). That’s the way I look
Sep 22, 2009 Meg rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who want to take comfort in the fact that Indiana Jones 4 could have been WORSE.
I have such issues rating Dan Brown books... I want 1.5 stars, I think. Snark ahead.

Here's the deal: the man can't write. He's a name-brand & url spewing, Wikipedia-like fountain of knowledge, who CAN'T HANDLE VERB TENSES. He also likes really short sentences. That aren't sentences at all. Really. Expect iPhone, Twitter, and Google shout-outs, too. I'm almost surprised he didn't mention the inevitable hash #thelostsymbol and tell us to use it when we tweet about what we just learned.

On the f
This book is both poorly written and impossible to put down.

I think that about sums it up.
I really enjoy Dan Brown's stories. I have read Angels and Demon and The Da Vinci Code, I am currently reading Deception Point and plan on reading Digitial Fortress. I absolutely love his story telling. I have read mixed reviews and I think the negative reviews are just really people who are too serious in life. For goodness sake it is a book for entertainment, not a non-fiction story. Though I have read some non-fiction stories that are more fiction then Dan Brown's book. Brown's books are ente ...more
Mohammed Arabey
"انا مش ماسون..بس بحترمهم"
روبرت لانجدون

"للأسف..الناس فهماني غلط..يمكن عشان المؤلفين حصروني في ادوار الشر..لكن انا في الحقيقة طيب..زي كمال ابو ريا..ومحمود الجندي"
-غسان مطر

ده المختصر المفيد للرواية ،الجمل دي اتكرر معناها كتير بالأحداث ولكن قبل البدء وزي ماقلت في ريفيو
شفره دافنشي و ملائكه وشياطين
الروايه دي لو حابب تتمتع وانت بتقراها بجد ليها حل من الاتنين
1- تقرأ النسخه الانجليزيه المصوره Illustrated Edition
2- وانت بتقرا النسخه تكون فاتح جوجل صور وتكتب اسم كل مكان بيزوره روبرت لانجدون
Janet Wilcox
I liked this novel actually better than DV Code and A & D, which is ironic as it wasn't quite the page turner as those were, but the plot and ideas were more believeable. I was very interested in The Masons, as they were so much a part of the early patriotic/revolutionary era of the US. As usual there is a gruesome evil person, with superhuman like skills and power. The whole story covers just 24, what a day!
Interesting insight from Brown on the Masons or Noetic Science?: "a tem
Now boarding on track 33, the Symbolism Express departing for the Freemasons, the Invisible College, the Office of Security, the SMSC, the Institute of Noetic Sciences and multiple points around the cryptic compass.

Your temporal destination, not Paris and London, but Washington, D.C.

Your conductor, Harvard symbiologist Robert Langdon, the Indiana Jones of the new age.

Tied to the tracks in the gathering darkness ahead and facing certain death, if not embarrassment, another keeper of the ancient m
well, that's several hours of my life i'll never get back.

you know, it's not so much that the writing is bad -- i expect it to be bad. it's laughably bad. (to enjoy some truly great bad, relish the self-consciously lascivious descriptions of the bad guy's naked body, they are made of awesome.) it's not so much that the plot is shaky -- i expect it to be shaky, and if this plot could be drawn, it would have to be drawn by dr. seuss. it's that i would expect, at least, that the book actually END S
I think I finally figured out why I hate Dan Brown. He writes very average thriller/ mystery books, just like many others do, and the thing is that I don't have a problem with the other writers. Sometimes their books are entertaining, sometimes they are not, sometimes they are poorly written, sometimes they are not so bad, and I'm perfectly fine with it. The thing I can't stand about Dan Brown is his attitude. He truly believes he has been invested with the power of 'omniscience', and he looks d ...more
Ugghhhhhh. I've been trying to figure out where to start with this one for the past couple days and still haven't been able to decide. So I guess I'll start with my point.

This book F*CKING BLOWS. F*ck you, Dan Brown, you smug bastard, for insulting my intelligence like nobody's business. I really liked Angels and Demons, was entertained by The Da Vinci Code, and this book had half the content (not to mention a sixteenth of the climax) of the latter in almost twice the number of pages.

Do you get
I'm a fan of Dan Brown. I've read all his books - not just The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons, but also Deception Point and Digital Fortress. I like his writing style, how his books are layered with codes and mysteries, and how they're so fast-paced they make my heart beat faster because I feel pulled into the stories and into the lives of his characters.

The Lost Symbol is the third book in the Robert Langdon series, and I was glad to see that Brown brought this dynamic and entertaining c
Tara Lynn
I am so disappointed. I found Brown's other books to be captivating, if a little formulaic. This is just a blatant rewrite of his own material in a different setting. Angels and Demons set a bar for Brown, and he just hasn't been able to match it since. It reads just like The DaVinci Code, with its plot changed to Washington, D.C. It's a completely improbable plot mixed with even more improbable character developments and plot twists.

So disappointed. If I'd known, I never would have bought the
تصيبك بعته
وف نفس الوقت تخليك بتكتم انفاسك
ومع كل فصل
قفا جديد
Kept feeling like I was reading an amalgam of Angels and DaVinci's Code. When I started wandering off in search of snacks in the middle of paragraphs, I knew it was time to shelve this as a "can't finish," and move on.
Though technically better written than Digital Fortress, this is Dan Brown's worst novel. Brown creates false suspense by hiding revelations from readers even after major characters learn them. In most cases this is unnecessary, as the twists would have more impact if made in a timely manner. Too often, however, the revelations are obvious or anticlimactic, weaknesses that are amplified by Brown's hide-the-ball technique.

Brown's penchant for dubious subject matter is well-known, but he previousl
Nov 05, 2009 Elizabeth rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: absolutely no one
Recommended to Elizabeth by: Morgan (though "recommend" is an awfully strong word)
Normally I wait until I’ve finished a book before passing judgment on it, but sixty pages into The Lost Symbol I decided that life was too short to read really terrible books.

One of the things I liked best about The Da Vinci Code was that its plot unfolded in real-time: it takes place during a few very busy hours of Robert Langdon’s improbable life, in about the amount of time it takes to read the novel. This technique keeps the pace of the book exciting (there are no natural breaks in which to
Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten*
June 15 Buddy Read with Steven and Melissa!

2-2.5 stars

In comparison with Angels & Demons and the Da Vinci Code, this book was disappointing to say the least. The ending felt extremely anticlimactic, and overall the book dragged ass and there were whole sections where I'm pretty sure I either spaced out or could have spaced out and not noticed a thing. I figured out the BIG REVEAL before the halfway mark-- does that mean I'm getting better at guessing or is this just a shitty book? Likely bot
The use of a large amount of symbols and conspiracy buzzwords does not excuse one from having to actually write a compelling story. The "twist" in this books was easily visible hundreds of pages out and didn't surprise a single person I know who read the book.

Now, I had very high hopes for this book as I am from DC and love the area, however there was so little of actual DC in the book(unlike DaVinci Code & Angels and Demons) that it seemed like it could have been in any city in the world ex
Sep 16, 2009 Christian rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people you hate
الذي أحبه، وأقدره أيضًا، في (دان براون) هو جهده المبذول في خلق مثل هذه الروايات. وكم المعلومات الذي يجتهد في حشده بين صفحاتها.

ماذا أضافت لي، شخصيًا، هذه الرواية؟ القصة ممتعة، وانعطافاتها جميلة، ثم الكثير، الكثير حتى التململ، من الحديث عن الماسونية وتمجيدها وتبجيل منهجها وهديها.
الغريب هو كم الرموز المتأصلة والتي يكشفها المؤلف تباعاً في مباني المدينة. ما بين انكشاف تلو آخر، أفكر.. هل تحوي مدننا العربية مثل هذه الأسرار؟ في مصر ربما.. الحضارة الفرعونية؟ ماذا عن بلاد الشام؟ هل يوجد شيء كهذا في جزيرة
Ugh this was literally one of the worst books I have ever read. Or, well, listened to, as Chris and I used it to get through 2 legs of a drive from NYC to St. Louis.

Just to be clear, though I'm a stickler for good writing, I recognize that previous Dan Brown books like the Davinci Code are what they are. That is, they are good stories, badly written. And that's fine - there is a place for that - like 19 hour car rides. Unfortunately, the Lost Symbol was a terrible story, terribly written. Brown'
I was such a douchebag about this book before it was released.

Then I saw it there in the bookstore and I was like, "Did you or did you not like The Da Vinci Code?" (Answer: yes.) "Do you or do you not enjoy other books that are pop culture phenomenons?" (Answer: yes.) "Is the ratio of Fitzgerald to comic books on your bookshelf not 1:50?" (Answer: yes.) "Did you or did you not just finish a book called Captain Underpants?" (Answer: yes.) "Furthermore, asshole, do you or do you not read fan ficti
Ah yes, the new Dan Brown book, the most anticipated title in the publishing world this year. The one that everyone is loving to hate, because there's no better way to prove your superiority to your peers by talking about how you're just too intelligent to enjoy this crap because you're so much better than the unwashed masses. For the record, I have dated two guys who have rattled off that bit of idiocy. Two! It's almost cruel (and for the record, they were really not all that).

But more importan
كانت خمسة أيام من المتعة و التعلم .
الرواية كقصة ممتعة و مشوقة جدا ، و كمادة علمية -بلا مبالغة- كنت أشعر أثناء القراءة أني في محاضرة ثقافية تاريخية ، كم مهول من المعلومات العلمية و التاريخية الصحيحة يطل عليك من الصفحات ، يجعلك تشعر بتُخمة معلوماتية ، و كانت مصدر مبدأيا بالنسبة لي للبحث أكثر فى الماسونية و المعرفة عنها .

تجربة ثانية جيدة لي مع أعمال دان براون .
A mi parecer esta es la historia mas floja de la saga de Robert Langdon, si es cierto que el libro me pareció emocionante, y quería saber el resultado de las peripecias del Profesor Langdon como una vez mas utilizaría su astucia y conocimiento para resolver los misterios que insisten en perseguirlo, pero, un gran pero, a diferencia de los libros anteriores, esta historia no presenta los grandes conflictos entre ciencia y religión, que es lo que mas atrae en la saga, y el final no es tan sorpresi ...more
Franco  Santos
Es el que menos me gustó de la saga de Robert Langdon. Aun así te logra atrapar al instante gracias a un inicio excelente.

Es una historia rápida, fluida, repleta de giros inesperados y terminaciones de capítulos que te hacen aguantar el aliento por unos cuantos segundos. Eso es lo que provoca Dan Brown en todos sus libros.

El final me pareció malo. Sinceramente no me convenció. Es raro y lleno de datos rimbombantes para desvirtuar la insatisfactoria conclusión. (OJO: a muchos les puede encantar
Ketika pertama kali mendengar Dan Brown akan menerbitkan kembali kisah Robert Langdon, aku bersorak karena senang. Memang, aku adalah penggemar Robert Langdon. Sang kutu buku dan ahli simbol yang selalu dikejar-kejar masalah itu. Makanya aku sedikit antusias mendengar berita itu. Namun, entah sampai saat ini aku malah enggan membeli bukunya.

Cerita awal, seperti biasa, Langdon secara mendadak dipanggil untuk hal yang mendesak. Dan kali ini dia menerima undangan tak terduga dari sahabat lamanya Pe
Graham Bradley
Nov 15, 2009 Graham Bradley rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who liked his other stuff/people who are prejudiced against religion.
Recommended to Graham by: The publisher, through a brutally efficient carpet-bombing marke
My review from

You've been hearing a lot about this book. I know this because, as we've established, you have an Internet connection, which means you live near civilization, or at least somewhere that people are saying things. If not, well...ugh, I don't have anything witty to say.

I liked this book. I'm kind of pissed at the critics who had their reviews written before it even came out (or before they even read it), jumping on the "I Hate Dan Brown" bandwa
  • The Third Secret
  • The Judas Strain (Sigma Force, #4)
  • Altar of Bones
  • The Jungle (The Oregon Files, #8)
  • Book Of Souls (Will Piper, #2)
  • True Blue
  • The Messenger (Gabriel Allon, #6)
  • The Templar Salvation (Templar, #2)
  • The Marks Of Cain
  • Sepulchre (Languedoc, #2)
Dan Brown is the author of numerous #1 bestselling novels, including The Da Vinci Code, which has become one of the best selling novels of all time as well as the subject of intellectual debate among readers and scholars. Brown’s novels are published in 52 languages around the world with 200 million copies in print.

In 2005, Brown was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by TIM
More about Dan Brown...

Robert Langdon (4 books)
  • Angels & Demons  (Robert Langdon, #1)
  • The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)
  • Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4)

“Great minds are always feared by lesser minds.” 2730 likes