Start by marking “Signed, Sealed, and Delivered: The Soulful Journey of Stevie Wonder” as Want to Read:
Signed, Sealed, and Delivered: The Soulful Journey of Stevie Wonder

Signed, Sealed, and Delivered: The Soulful Journey of Stevie Wonder

3.07 of 5 stars 3.07  ·  rating details  ·  29 ratings  ·  9 reviews
The first definitive biography of music legend Stevie WonderStevie Wonder's achievements as a singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, and producer are extraordinary. During a career that has spanned almost fifty years, he has earned more than thirty Top 10 hits, twenty-six Grammy Awards, and a place in both the Rock and Roll and Songwriter Halls of Fame—and he's not fini ...more
Published April 1st 2010 by Wiley (first published March 25th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Signed, Sealed, and Delivered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Signed, Sealed, and Delivered

SPL120
Sentence after sentence is cliché after cliché.

I read this just before Stevie's 60th birthday in May, which this is meant to honor. It provides a great view of his early life adding much needed perspective toward understanding the artist and his success. But the writing is rather painful and at times it will make you want to give up on the author.

Only recommended for the serious fan.
Genevieve Goldstein
Stevie Wonder has so many things happening before his eyes, even though he is blind. When SW's contract with Motown was over, he didn't renew it the contract, he went to New York and found another music industry. He made a album with over 30 songs on it, and named it The Talking Book. His first award / or Grammy was for the song. " Signed, Sealed, and Delivered, I'm Yours" he had his first kid Aisha Wonder with his second wife. He wrote over 100 songs for himself and other singers. He still has ...more
David Ward
Signed, Sealed, and Delivered: the Soulful Journey of Stevie Wonder by Mark Ribowski (John Wiley and Sons Inc. 2010)(780.92). Of interest principally as to why he tanked at the height of his fame in the 80’s (he believed his own press clippings and fired his synthesizer gurus). My rating: 5/10, finished 9/1/2010.
Mishy
I am struggling to get through this book. Being a biography, it seems fairly impersonal and dry - it focuses more on the evils of Motown as a record company, than about Stevie's life or perception of events. I will have to finish it, as I can't leave books unread. What a chore though... eurgh.
Taylor
A good account of Stevie's musical career, particularly the early days and his career explosion in the mid-70s. The 80s, 90s and 00's pass by pretty quickly. Lots of typos and a few incorrect dates. I think Ribowsky's editor was asleep at times. But overall I learned a lot about Stevie Wonder.
Lanette
Everything I always wanted to know and never knew about Stevie Wonder and how he created his music. This book serves as a wonderful volume of music criticism as well as a biography.
Mark Ribowsky writes in a sophisticated, concise style, yet makes it easy for the reader to follow along.
Dolores Johnson
I question Mr. Ribowsky's use of language in some instances (goes in and out of slang). And Mr. Wonder is still alive. I wish there was more input (quotes) from the subject of this biography.
Ruthie
Being a Stevie Wonder fan, I enjoyed the book overall but the author could have said it with less. It felt like he was impressed with himself for writing and just went on and on.
Michael
Finished long ago lol
Justin
Justin is currently reading it
Apr 15, 2015
David Kravetz
David Kravetz is currently reading it
Apr 10, 2015
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Mark Denny Jr.
Mark Denny Jr. marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Shellie Rogers-Taylor
Shellie Rogers-Taylor marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Jaanus Kure
Jaanus Kure marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Thomas P. Alman
Thomas P. Alman marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Shailee Patel
Shailee Patel marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Tyler Storm
Tyler Storm marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Livin Swell
Livin Swell marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Brian H.
Brian H. marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2014
Charee
Charee marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Nfkls
Nfkls added it
Dec 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Mark Ribowsky is the author of seven books, including the New York Times Notable Book Don't Look Back: Satchel Paige in the Shadows of Baseball. He lives in Plainview, New York.
More about Mark Ribowsky...
Howard Cosell: The Man, the Myth, and the Transformation of American Sports He's a Rebel: Phil Spector The Last Cowboy: A Life of Tom Landry The Supremes: A Saga of Motown Dreams, Success, and Betrayal The Power and the Darkness: The Life of Josh Gibson in the Shadows of the Game