Start by marking “Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle: Creative Conversations About Sexual and Emotional Integrity” as Want to Read:

Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle: Creative Conversations About Sexual and Emotional Integrity (The Every Man )

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Where Will Your Daughter Turn for Answers About Sex?

Girls arebombarded with messages about sex–from friends, advertisers, media icons, and more. All of this input–along with the whirlwind of emotions that accompany puberty–can leave them confused, filled with unasked questions about boys, dating, sex, and their own value.

Now is the perfect time for creative conversations...more
Published March 16th 2010 by WaterBrook Press (first published June 7th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Preparing Your Daughter for Every Woman's Battle

Erin
Apr 03, 2010 Erin rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents and older sisters of young girls
Recommended to Erin by: sister-in-law
I read this book for some insight for a girls Bible study I will be teaching, and I was pleasantly surprised. I've heard some good things about other books in this series so I was happy when my sister-in-law said I could borrow this from her. For the most part, this is a very good book that gives parents (or others working with younger girls) both insight and a plan of action for addressing a very sensitive and critical topic - sexual purity. The next to last chapter references doctrinal issues...more
Paylee Taylor
So far this book is great. I am so glad to have a book I can read slowly with my daughter, yet gives me advice in my own section. Grateful my friend let me borrow. :)
Yvonne Ferlita
This book was okay. The book written for young men was better in that it broke the book into three parts. One for Dad to read by himself, one for dad and a younger child to read together and one more section for Dad and an older teen to read together. This book does NOT do that. As a result, some of the information is too much for younger girls. I would recommend Vickie Courtney's books instead. Her magazine style books cover the material in a much better, age appropriate fashion. That said, thi...more
Lori
Jul 09, 2012 Lori is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
help her recognize the importance of character,take an interest in female and male friends, compliment wise choices, teach her that affectionate behaviour is a gift , not a requirement,give her a symbol that reflects her commitment to purity, encourage her to journal about her own dreams and goals

Mom model...
- modesty
-*media choices
-healthy body image
-passion and intimacy in marriage
-satisfaction in singleness
-healthy friendships
-a passionate relationship with Christ

Their clothes:
You teach peo...more
Melanie
I am currently reading this with my 9 year old daughter and so far it is wonderful. I remember as a child getting most of my ideas about sex and sexuality from friends and the television. This is a spiritually based book and explains the gift it is to be a little girl and eventually a woman. It also provides creative ideas and activities to teach girls about the changes their bodies will go through. For those of you with sons, there is also a son's version.
Debbie
I would heartily recommend this book to read with your pre-teen daughter. I won't give away anything for fear that my daughter will kill me - but I will say that, although we didn't necessarily agree with everything presented, it was an excellent way to continue the dialogue.
Lsia Copenhaver
I read this with my 9 year old daughter. Higly recommend this book if you have a daugher between the ages of 8 and 18. Reading it together also builds a memory and a body between you and your daughter.
Christy Hilmas
Read this separately with each of my daughters. Great way to cover a lot of stuff without you remembering everything you need to cover.
Busola
Busola marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Courtney Holden
Courtney Holden is currently reading it
Sep 19, 2014
Kjersten
Kjersten marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Deena Fehr
Deena Fehr marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Jmhadzima
Jmhadzima marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Kristina Vance
Kristina Vance marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2014
Darryl Collier-Freed
Darryl Collier-Freed marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Sarah Lewis
Sarah Lewis marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Stacey
Stacey marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Greg Jones
Greg Jones marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Jeannie
Jeannie marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
Tiffany Miller
Tiffany Miller is currently reading it
Jul 15, 2014
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Mercy Chang'ach
Mercy Chang'ach marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Shannon is a million-copy best-selling author, speaker, lay counselor, and advocate for healthy sexuality with a master’s degree in counseling/human relations from Liberty University. She has spoken to youth, college students, and adults since 1989 and her passions include:

* Challenging adults and teens to embrace a life of sexual integrity
* Encouraging married couples in their pursuit of sexual...more
More about Shannon Ethridge...
Every Young Woman's Battle: Guarding Your Mind, Heart, and Body in a Sex-Saturated World (The Every Man Series) Every Woman's Battle: Discovering God's Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment Every Woman's Marriage: Igniting the Joy and Passion You Both Desire (The Every Man Series) Completely His: Loving Jesus without Limits The Fantasy Fallacy: Exposing the Deeper Meaning Behind Sexual Thoughts